Fri, Jun 14, 6:09 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 05 3:36 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: 2d animation using Carrara

robertzavala ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2008 at 8:23 AM · edited Tue, 14 May 2024 at 3:28 PM

Attached Link: http://community.victoriaadvocate.com/home/Blog/rzavala/9276

I just did a "Coming attraction" video using Carrara to do the 2d animation in the style of the Watchman motion comics. You can see it at my blog. The URL is the link.

Let me know what you think.
Robert Zavala

jt411 ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2008 at 1:25 PM

That's slick. Very unique look, good job :)

RadioGuy ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2008 at 7:10 AM

Great Work.  Just goes to show how powerful a tool we use.

Cheers

sfdex ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2008 at 7:00 PM

Wow!  I can't imagine using Carrara to do that instead of AfterEffects, but good for you in making it work!  And work it does.  Very well done.

robertzavala ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 10:43 AM

Thanks everybody. I did have a problem doing it that may not be apparent in the you tube video. After mapping an image onto a square plane and adding an alpha channel which was pure black and white, I still saw a very light gray color wher the image was supposed to be transparent. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

sfdex ( ) posted Sun, 02 November 2008 at 1:26 AM

I've had similar issues in Carrara; only thing I'd suggest is to make sure all the shader channels are empty, as opposed to set to a value of zero.  But even then, it seems that there's a bit of an issue with alphas in C.

robertzavala ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2008 at 11:29 AM · edited Mon, 03 November 2008 at 11:31 AM

file_417047.jpg

Here's some screen captures of a recent project. You can see that the image of the man has a lighter tone where it should be transparent. If anyone can see what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it.

sfdex ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2008 at 6:02 PM

Yep, that's the same sort of issue I've had; you might try putting your alpha channel info into the transparency channel, as well, but I haven't had that help much.  Fortunately for this kind of mograph look, having that little light frame doesn't detract; in fact, it kind of feels like it should be there.  But it's maddening when you can't get it to work.  I'd suggest adding this to Daz's bug report.  Lack of full alpha accuracy can really screw up someone's day....

:D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.