Mon, Jun 3, 9:45 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 03 8:12 am)

Subject: Strange INJect/REMove pose behavior

guslaw ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2007 at 2:55 PM · edited Sat, 25 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Most, but not all, character/texture creators include a REM pose file to remove the character morph(s), either body only, head only and/or both and that’s fine (IMO all character creators should include a REM file in their commercial (paid-for) creations but that’s another issue).

I presume the purpose of the REM file is to REMove the character morph(s) should there be a change of mind so that one can then use a different or no pre-made character, or make one’s own custom character (…using magnets, spinning parameter dials, whatever, etc.).

This works well for me in most cases as it should with Poser 7, the stock V4 figure, and V4 characters purchased here in the R’rosity store, at DAZ or elsewhere. 

The problem I’m having with SOME commercial (paid-for) characters is that after the initial character morph is REMoved, any subsequent INJection of a different character (or even the same character re-INJected) results in a highly distorted face/figure. Please look at the attached picture for an example of what I’m talking about.

I’m using Trish from DAZ for illustration purposes only. This affect is by no means limited to that character and like I said earlier, this happens with some, NOT ALL, characters, regardless of where they were purchased.

It looks almost as if any INJection of a new character (or re-INJection of the same character) gets added on top of the original even though the initial INJection was apparently successfully REMoved. I say ‘apparently’ because the result looks like the stock, out-of-the-box, Victoria 4 each time the REM pose file is applied.

This effect is cumulative by the way. It gets worse every time the REM/INJ pose files are applied to the same initial V4 figure. The strange thing is that if a character where this phenomenon does not occur is INJected, that character appears to come in normal. In other words, both the initial and new character have to behave in the same weird way when REMoved and re-INJected.

Has anyone else experienced this strange behavior and what is the solution short of deleting the initial V4 figure and re-loading a new ‘clean’ V4 figure? (That’s a pita because for me most of the time it involves re-positioning, re-texturing, re-posing, re-dressing(sometimes), re-tweaking, etc, etc…)

Sorry for the lengthy post and TIA for your input, thoughts, comments…
W.

Sorry for the lengthy post and TIA for your input, thoughts, comments…
W.

guslaw ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2007 at 3:07 PM · edited Sun, 20 May 2007 at 3:09 PM

file_378131.jpg

...having a problem uploading the pic.

hopefully this works...

(Click to enlarge image)

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2007 at 4:49 PM

I think it's due to a minor miscoding in the ERC code in the file "RuntimelibrariesMorphsTrishInjDeltas.Trish.pz2"
I won't have time to check this now, but I think replacing the following lines from each body part might cure it :-

valueOpDeltaAdd<br></br>        Figure 1<br></br>        BODY:1<br></br>        Trish<br></br>deltaAddDelta 1.000000

with these might cure the problem.

valueOpDeltaAdd<br></br>        Figure 1<br></br>        BODY:1<br></br>        PBMCC_01<br></br>deltaAddDelta 1.000000

You only really need to change Trish for PBMCC_01 in the places indicated (a global search and replace would alter the channel naming).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.