Fri, Jun 14, 2:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 18 10:09 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Resume Render

jfike ( ) posted Wed, 14 December 2005 at 4:22 PM ยท edited Thu, 12 October 2023 at 9:10 AM

There's an interesting thread over at DAZ concerning saving and resume rendering. http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=28967&sid=194985b81a8ffc7867951ca9bd683a98 Has anyone here also seen or experienced this problem or can lend some assistance concerning a work-around? It seems anyone who can't leave their computer render continuously wouldn't be able to complete the last render pass if it is interrupted.

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 14 December 2005 at 8:46 PM
Forum Moderator

I use Bryce 5.5c and not had a problem with resume render...

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

garryts ( ) posted Thu, 15 December 2005 at 1:49 AM

I can confirm what TheBryster has said... In fact i have just resumed a render I stopped last night. I am also using 5.5c (on a Mac) Garry

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 15 December 2005 at 2:31 AM

I haven't had that problem, yet I've never paused and resumed THAT many times. (maybe 4 or 5 at the most) I'm pretty sure its not a question of pause time. I've ran across abandoned scene files of mine that were a couple of years old that still could be resumed. AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Erlik ( ) posted Thu, 15 December 2005 at 6:26 AM

It's not the matter of simply resuming. It's the matter of Bryce repeating passes ad nauseam. No matter what the pasue was. Bryster, if you remember, Fran reported something like that here. Can't remember the exact thread, though. erlik (who started the thread at DAZ)

-- erlik

jfike ( ) posted Thu, 15 December 2005 at 7:37 AM

Here's a way to test this. Create a small scene and do a full render on it (use premium effect AA -- I haven't checked other rendering modes. Now lets say the render took 5 minutes. Use some sort of timer and start the render, then click the screen to stop it after a minute (20 - 25 % of the full render time seems to expose the problem.) Save the scene and exit Bryce. Restart Bryce, load the same scene and resume rendering for another minute. Repeat the save/exit/resume until the scene finishes. If you don't exit Bryce after the save, you won't see the problem. Add up the total render time -- you may be surprised how much time the resume adds to the render (don't count the load/save time, just the actual rendering.) You may have to adjust the times you render to see this bug, since the cpu/video card/memory configurations wil differ. But it appears to me that if you stop the render on the last pass, when you reload Bryce and resume, it finishes the last pass and then starts another. The only way to finish is to let the computer run until that last pass completes without interruption. Now this isn't a problem if you leave your computer on and let the render finish (or resume and let it finish.) But imagine a complex scene that takes say, ten hours to render the last pass. if you can't leave the computer running for at least ten hours, you can't finish the scene.

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Thu, 15 December 2005 at 9:13 AM

Yeah, and if I open that file again it will just keep on doing another pass - I think it's a bug of some sort as the actual image is a clear as a bell. And I'm about to upload it to my gallery.

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

Erlik ( ) posted Thu, 15 December 2005 at 10:06 AM

jfike, a correction. It is finished, because that last pass is done multiple times and cannot be rendered better. It's just that Bryce doesn't remember that it had already done it.

-- erlik

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.