Sat, Jun 15, 12:11 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 18 10:09 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Object Positioning

jfike ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 8:32 PM · edited Sat, 04 November 2023 at 4:48 AM

Hi, I'm working on rigging a scene using a model I made in Truespace. Its a camera tripod. I rigged the leg of the tripod (assembly) and now need to duplicate it twice, rotate two of the copies 120 and 240 degrees in the "y axis", and tilt all three back around 20 degrees so the tops nearly meet and they are equal distance from each other. I'm having heck of a time getting the rotations correct. Been back and forth between world and object coordinates. I'm about ready to get my geometry books out and attempt to generate a spreadsheet. Has anyone seen a utility that would allow one to plug in the numbers and then use the results in the Bryce attributes panel. Or an easy way to do what I'm trying to do?

Jaymonjay ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 9:35 PM · edited Fri, 12 August 2005 at 9:40 PM

Its easy if you use the origin handle. With the object selected, and the tilt already set, click the attributes button, then check Show Origin Handle. Drag the green dot in the center of your object to where the center of the completed tripod should be, duplicate, then rotate whatever you need to along the y axis.
Jay :)

Message edited on: 08/12/2005 21:40

jfike ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 9:48 PM

Thanks Jay. I suspected my lack of knowledge of Bryce was the real problem. And I even have Susan K's Bryce 4 book.

Jaymonjay ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 10:09 PM

Glad I could help. :)

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 2:19 AM

jfike books are only so good at times. Best information i have got on doing anything in Bryce came from Jaymonjay and other members of this community. If you have any questions, no matter how silly you may think it is ask it on here, i'm sure someone can answer it for you.

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

marcfx ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 4:56 PM

I agree with CD, I've learn a hell of a lot just reading topics like this......Love to see your end product when its done.

Smile, your dead a long time :)

jfike ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 6:19 PM

file_282826.jpg

Thanks again for the information. I had forgotton about the origin handle. I modeled the tripod and spotting scope in Truespace 6.6. The scope is actually hollow and will pass light. Here's a quick render to simply show the models.

marcfx ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 6:28 PM

Great models with some very detailed parts by the look of things. well done

Smile, your dead a long time :)

Jaymonjay ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 9:33 PM

Nice work!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.