Sat, Jul 27, 12:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 26 1:13 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Help Please, Poser/Bryce Problem.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2003 at 10:56 AM · edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 3:20 AM
Forum Moderator

Don't groan! I have a Poser to Bryce problem I'm hoping someone can help me with. This pic is of a Low Rez Vicky with Kozaborough Hair. OK so her expression isn't great but the hair looks great I think.

Now watch what happens when I export as a wavefront to Bryce.....(see next post)

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2003 at 10:58 AM
Forum Moderator

Here is the Bryce imported version of the same charecter....but (obviously) her hair is rubbish, I've lost her eyes and her eyelids/lashes are useless..

Any ideas....all help gratefully recieved.

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Slakker ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2003 at 11:13 AM

The hair needs to be transmapped, the eyelashes as well. They eyes, well, i have no idea.

Elsina ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2003 at 11:40 AM

The eyeball is completely white. You need to choose glass or something. I need to find the tutorial I used. When I do, I give you the link.

My gallery @ Renderosity

Swade ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2003 at 11:45 AM

Yep... If you apply a glass texture to the eyes they will be fine. It is what I do when I use a poser character in Bryce. Works just great. ~ Swade ~

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

Stephen Ray ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2003 at 11:48 AM

Trans maps do not auto load when the obj is imported ( like color texture maps do ) Select all the hair objects and make a new family ( families make it easier to tweak latter ) then go into the materials lab and add the trans map manually. Also enable blend transparency Same for eye lashes & brows. The eyes them self have added objects so they can be made to look watery or whatever. Select the extra objects ( they will be like the whole eye ball ) You can tell you have the extra objects selected when you enter the material lab because there will not be a texture map applied to them, ( just a simple white color ). Enable blend transparency and make them 100% transparent.

Stephen Ray

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2003 at 12:16 PM

not the expert by far, but you might conform the top before exporting. I've seen a program called Grouper, that can do a little bit with textures, etc., but the eye thing I've seen as well..good luck.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

derjimi ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2003 at 12:42 PM

Attached Link: http://www.fusiondesignuk.com/curiography/tut-poser-to-bryce1.html

Do a search on the forum, Bryster - importing into Bryce has been discussed a zillion times and pops up every two weeks... Try the attached link, Curiography has written a very helpful tutorial. Greets, Jimi

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2003 at 12:44 PM
Forum Moderator

Wow! Thanks guys! This is just brilliant...and so much to go on. Thankyou....and look out for a new piece of work soon...I'm hoping it will be awesome..... The Bryster

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2003 at 1:33 PM

You can get a transparency map for the eyelashes in Poser freestuff I think and you could probably get one for the hair there too. Poser eyes have layers and you've got to add each layer individually, at least thats what I usually do. Catlin BTW, Incarnadine is a mean Poser user and he has lots of information on this kind of stuff. He helped me out a lot with my POser work.

Bladesmith ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2003 at 1:34 PM

Aye, do a search of the forum, alot of good information has been posted on this subject over the years....

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2003 at 6:20 PM
Forum Moderator

Well thanks to all you guys helping my out...I've solved most of the problem....still got trouble with the eyelashes though but I'm working on it.

Flak ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2003 at 7:39 PM

Attached Link: http://uqconnect.net/wasteland/tut/eyelash.html

Eyelash tut I did for a friend a while ago.

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 21 July 2003 at 3:35 AM
Forum Moderator

Many thanks, Flak. Now I can get back to what I was doing before my brain seized up.....

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 21 July 2003 at 1:31 PM

Not to take your poser work down (I can't do anything with poser), but this expression looks weird. The first thing I thought of was that she was asking someone to stick some fingers in her mouth and pull her tongue out :) Do show us the result of your poser endavour.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Mon, 21 July 2003 at 4:51 PM

Thanks for the good words Catlin (grin) Bryster - koz's hair should have the transmaps included. I expect they will be found unter PoserX/Runtime/Textures... I also believe the vicky should have a lash transmap as well, it should also be under the textures folder somewhere. I would suggest adding a bump map as well. The vicky should have one but if not then use slimsand at scale 600 and about 1 -1.6 on the slider. I would also suggest lowering the shadow strength in the atm/sky lab and adding a slight yellow/orange tint to the sun or whatever key light you are using. Look forward to what you come up with.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Incarnadine ( ) posted Mon, 21 July 2003 at 4:56 PM

That curiography tut is spot on.

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 8:27 AM
Forum Moderator

OK..1st off, let me thank everyone again for all the help. I can usually struggle along and solve my own problems but this was a bit of a fugue for me. Ray: I know her expression is not that good to say the least but she's a wip and what I really wanted was to see her shout..hence the open mouth. If anyone has a poser expression that would work I would really appreciate it. Incarnadine: I have all the transmaps and have fixed her hair..now it looks as good in Bryce as it did in Poser. The lighting is irrelavent because she will be in an 'artificial' light scene. As for a bump map...well, that's a whole new deal because this is the 'LOW REZ' vicky that came on a cover disc. I don't know how to make bump maps but the scene will not have her in close-up anyway. Flak: Thanks for the tut my friend. It is of great help! Derjimi: Thanks to you too for the hair tut...yes, I know this has probably been dragged over a million times but then we don't read what we don't need...LOL Thanks once again, y'all... The Bryster

Rayraz ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 3:21 PM

I tried to make a screaming poser figure once. I failed miserably :)

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 9:39 PM

One other way to simulate bump is to use a photoedit software to add either gaussian or uniform noise to selected areas of the texture image. The other is as I mentioned above, the slimsand gently applied at scale about 600.

sriesch ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 7:26 PM

Attached Link: http://free.daz3d.com/pages/free/archive.html

If that's DAZ's Victoria 3, they have a smile posted in their free stuff archive at the moment that might be of value.

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 8:00 PM
Forum Moderator

Many thanks! I'd forgotten about Poser free stuff...... The Bryster

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.