Sat, Jul 27, 4:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 26 1:13 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: June Challenge Entry - The Dark Side of the Moon

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 08 June 2003 at 12:37 PM · edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 10:32 PM
Forum Moderator

Probably the best album ever made. Group - Pink Floyd Album - Dark Side of the Moon The thing about Pink Floyd is that their tracks blend so perfectly into one another that they simply become one long track. Anyway, this is my take on the challenge. The face on the Dark Side is Dave Gilmour (of course) Moon surface courtesy of NASA. The Prism is there as an inert reference to the fact that Floyd haven't done much recently. And thanks to Pidjy for his Flare #4 (again)

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

RodsArt ( ) posted Sun, 08 June 2003 at 2:58 PM

Cool scene!! For many years, Dark Side of the Moon album held it's place as the Top selling album of all time, along with a Frank Sinatra Album. Not sure if it still holds.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

Ang25 ( ) posted Sun, 08 June 2003 at 4:56 PM

This is great! And two Floyd tunes in the challenge already! They are/were a great band. One of my all-time favorites. I love the concept of the man on the moon face and it being Gilmore's. :-D Ang

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 08 June 2003 at 6:26 PM
Forum Moderator

Bugger! I've just noticed a horrific mistake.....I'll have to do it again...sorry......

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

MadDog31 ( ) posted Sun, 08 June 2003 at 6:31 PM

Love the tunes, Pink Floyd is great music to work to in Bryce...I've discovered that. MD (Doesn't Fleetwood Mac have a top-selling album?)

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 08 June 2003 at 6:33 PM
Forum Moderator

It was called 'Rumours' (I think)

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 08 June 2003 at 6:36 PM

Where's the mistake, I can't see anything wrong with it? I think it's a great idea Bryster. Catlin

ttops ( ) posted Sun, 08 June 2003 at 6:54 PM

Great album, great work :)

Innovator ( ) posted Sun, 08 June 2003 at 9:30 PM

eagles greatest hits hold the top spot by the way...but I think Pink Floyd's dark side of the moon is 3rd behind MJ's Thriller. ...Great image by the way - David Gilmour is one of my musical heroes so you got my vote already :-)

Doublecrash ( ) posted Sun, 08 June 2003 at 9:59 PM

I suspect I'll be flamed for this :) but... Pink Floyd did almost zilch without Roger Waters... it's him the mind behind them... Ok, I'm ready... :) S.

Stephen Ray ( ) posted Sun, 08 June 2003 at 10:28 PM

Nice Image Dark Side is definitely the best concert I've ever seen, yup...one of the best LPs ever made, thanks to Alan Parsons ( IMO )

Stephen Ray

Ang25 ( ) posted Sun, 08 June 2003 at 10:29 PM

DG or RW, I don't care who sang, who wrote, or whatever, I just loved the music. But they had to be pretty messed up to come up with the stuff they came up with. Gotta love disfunctional upbringing. It produces some geniuses(sp?) from time to time.

jasonmit ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2003 at 1:09 AM

I think the mistake is the DG pic going beyond the moon in the upper right corner.

Gog ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2003 at 6:02 AM

Oh no, the Rog Waters argument rears it's ugly head!!! Heard this many times, I disagree, but let's face it musical preference is a personal thing. :-)

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2003 at 8:03 AM
Forum Moderator

WOW Hold The Bus! I put Dave Gilmour up there for one simple reason. His pic was facing the right way for the view I wanted. I scanned it in from the DSOTM CD booklet! Besides which, if we're going to argue, who is the frontman on stage at a PF concert? And Jason got it right. I didn't position the face correctly. Big mistake that I didn't see until night because the daylight sometimes reflects onto my screen.

Graviton ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2003 at 11:18 AM

Pink Floyd are quite simply the best band their has ever been & as quoted by Dave Gilmour "Pink Floyd is bigger than any of its members", I think the bands survival after the incredible Sid Barrett years & also its survival after Roger Waters left is testemony to that. When I saw them perform the whole of the Darkside Album at earls Court on the Pulse tour Gilmore thanked Waters for all the lovely songs he gets to play every night. Pink Floyd rule. Grav

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

Spiritbro77 ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2003 at 11:30 PM

While I agree Pink Flyod was awesome,(Animals being my personal favorite) I must beg to differ with you Grav. Led Zepplin was the best band there ever was or will be! 8-) Of course thats just my opinion. Careful with that Axe eugene!

Graviton ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2003 at 4:51 AM

Pink Floyd, led Zepplin, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Black Sabbath, Cream, I love them all, they all battle for the top spot when it comes to the greatest bands of all time. Pink Floyd are not so much a band as a soundtrack to our lives & a way of life. In that respect Zepplin are the greatest band of all time. Stop me when I go to far on this Floyd thing. Grav

Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2003 at 6:53 AM
Forum Moderator

OK guys! I've posted the final already....'DARKSIDE' BTW The missus likes QUEEN!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.