Mon, Jun 3, 5:43 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 03 5:40 am)

Subject: New automatic Poser file Installer for Macintosh

MartinC ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2000 at 9:57 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 October 2023 at 6:52 AM

Hello, ever counted how many time you spent fighting your way through Runtime folders - like good old Lara getting lost in some underground dungeons...!? :-) I'm happy to release a new tool for Macintosh which will do most of the work automatically - it will copy all files to their proper locations, asks for missing ones, and makes sure that everything will suit Poser. In order to help you with Poser backups, it will allow you to put your files outside of Runtime in a new ExtraRuntime folder, and you could even leave it in their original folders completely. With Poser4, you can install everything (not just Textures, also Geometries and even Library files!) wherever you want. Sadly, with Poser3 you still must install Libraries into Runtime, and Geometries into Runtime or ExtraRuntime. Finally, Macinstaller will automatically repair and fix your Texture references - Poser will never ask you to locate missing ones again. A word of warning, nevertheless: It is a brand new tool, and (of course) subject to initial bugs. It was very difficult to make it work with every single Poser3/4 version ever released, including all localizations and the 4.0.2 Patch. I now need your feedback and bugreports - the whole thing is really just the start, and it will get improved and more reliable in the near future. Have fun, take care! Cheers, MartinC

LeeMoon ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2000 at 1:10 PM

Martin, Thanks so much for creating this wonderful tool! I just downloaded it and will try using it later this week when UPS delivers Poser 4 (I'm still on P3 and, yes, I've got ants in my pants waiting for P4 to arrive!). I've breezed through the release notes and Poser Macinstaller would've saved me a lot of time moving various Poser files in and out of my runtime folder. Again, thank you for providing the Macintosh Poser community with a great application!! :) Lee

jje ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2000 at 1:55 PM

A new Century...A new way to deal with the $@!# Runtime folder. A thousand thanks jje

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.