Fri, Jun 7, 1:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 06 11:22 am)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: a BIG prop (theater) I cannot negotiate in...

drawn ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2024 at 10:29 AM · edited Wed, 05 June 2024 at 7:09 AM

finally got the full school theater.pz3 prop open. looks great as far as I can tell, because I have not mastered the right techniques to move around and see different areas.  been working on it 3 hours and no difference except I've learned a lot of things not to do. is that the only way to learn an older, complex prop or is there somewhere a simplistic guide for poser idiots?

RKOlNoi6xugghJwDFRqjH0xSU89t7h96wj5CRgj1.png

woebegone drawn,

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2024 at 11:23 AM
Site Admin

Unfortunately, there is no guide like that. Asking here can help or trial and error. And remember for next time.

What issues are you having with navigating?

Until we know specifics, it's hard to help.

2 tips I can offer is to try turning on the Orbit select mode. It will make the camera rotate around a selected figure or prop rather than around the center of the scene.

It makes it easier to bring someone off to the side into better visibility

Also, try hiding things like walls if they are getting in the way of focusing on something in the scene.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

drawn ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

good advice, Red, I'll try both of those. the walls do get in the way often as I try to explore...

drawn

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2024 at 3:21 PM

Check if the set has camera settings.  Sometimes, vendors will included camera settings to navigate around a scene.  Using the top camera will give you a general view where everything is located.

drawn ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2024 at 3:54 PM · edited Mon, 06 May 2024 at 3:54 PM

well, orbiting selected figger is a good idea but it don't work for me...and camera settings is too but the top camera shows me a gray scene and I can't figger how to make it see something, anything!

0a03DftiHKZRYukengBg43n9ZTNZzKuSnmGVMbf9.png

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2024 at 6:10 PM
Site Admin

Hide the ground for the top camera. The default ground is a dome so it will block everything. You might also need to hide the roof of the theater.

It doesn't look like you have the orbit selected turned on. Maybe you turned it off before doing your screen shot?

And if you've moved the camera around a lot, you might need to restore it Edit>Restore>Camera

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2024 at 7:46 AM · edited Thu, 09 May 2024 at 7:55 AM

Sometimes, to navigate in a scene with a lot of stuff, I find easier to select a part of a body and to orbit + zoom in/out from there.
Selecting a full body create larger movements, not always centered. Selecting a hip/head will force the cam to turn around it ( activate the orbit mode, else you'll have a kind of inversed effect.)
The shortcuts I use the most:
- space key + left button: pan
- alt key pressed + mouse's left button = orbit around the selected object
- ctrl + space keys pressed + mouse's left button = zoom in/out

With the last tip: by alternatively pressing / relaxing only the Ctrl key, you may rapidly position your cam.

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2024 at 8:44 AM

To focus on a specific figure within a scene, you can make use of the Pose Camera. Simply select the figure you wish to highlight and switch to the Pose Camera mode.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.