Fri, Jun 14, 3:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 13

Welcome to the Poser 13 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, RedPhantom

(Last Updated: 2024 Jun 14 6:02 am)

Subject: Problem with morph injection on V4.2

Rorschach ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2024 at 8:03 AM · edited Fri, 14 June 2024 at 7:30 AM

After upgrading to P13 morph injection poses for V4.2 created via file / export / morph injection on P13 and earlier Poser versions that have a .pmd file associated do not work. The morph target dial shows up on the menu but it does nothing. Poses without an .pmd file or that point to a separated .pz2 do work. Other figures get the MTs without a problem (P4 Nude Man, Mike 4, L'Homme). Those same MTs work fine on figures that already have then, it's the injection that fails. An on P12 everything works, even injections created on P13.

All content is in a runtime separated from P13's and P12's. Library file search is set to Deep and use file compression and external binary targets are off (though I don't think they have relation with the problem, Poser creates a .pmd file anyway).

I know more people must have faced this problem but I've found no reference on these forums or anywhere else.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2024 at 4:15 PM
Online Now!

You are implying that you are using an external runtime linked to both P12 and P13, subsequently, they share content.  You have external binary targets turned off in your preferences.  BTW, external binary targets create the PMD files, so if you have it turned off, Poser will not create them by default.  So far, everything appears to be set up correctly.  I haven't come across that particular problem with P13 but I haven't created that many injection morphs in P13 either.

I would submit a ticket to the tech team about your issues.  You might provide them with a test sample.

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2024 at 6:08 PM · edited Mon, 05 February 2024 at 6:10 PM

There are only two reasons I can think of that would cause morph injections not to work ...

First, I'm assuming when you create your morph injection file, you are saving the PZ3 file (injection pose) and PMD file (morph data) to the same folder. 

Now, let's see if I have this correctly. You are saying you can create a morph injection pose in P13, and it works in P12. But that same morph injection you created in P13 doesn't work in P13.  You see the morph NAMES in the parameters palette, but the dials don't do anything. That usually indicates that, for some reason, Poser 13 is not finding the morph data (PMD) after you apply the morph injection pose (PZ3).  So ... do you have the runtime folder that you saved your morph injections into set as an external runtime folder in Poser 13? That might be the issue.

The only OTHER thing that I could think of is, if the morph injections rely on Victoria 4.2 morph packages, do you also have the runtimes that contain Victoria 4.2 and all her morphs included as external runtimes for Poser 13?

(To hborre, if I remember correctly you don't need to have external binary morphs enabled to create a morph injection pose. It will create the PMD file regardless).

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2024 at 7:50 PM
Online Now!

Yes, I overlooked the fact that we are talking about injection morphs.

nerd ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2024 at 3:22 AM
Forum Moderator

There must be more to this. To test for a potential problem I loaded up a V2 with ever morphs I have. Then exported a morph injection. Then, in Poser 13 I loaded a completely blank, not even processed with the DAZ exp script. No morphs and no blanks. I applied the injection and everything works as expected.

So it does work. My DAZ content is in a separate library as well. The same library is linked to P12 and P13. That seems similar to your setup.

Rorschach ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2024 at 5:38 AM
DeeceyArt posted at 6:08 PM Mon, 5 February 2024 - #4481282

So ... do you have the runtime folder that you saved your morph injections into set as an external runtime folder in Poser 13? That might be the issue.

Both the figures and the morph injections are on the same runtime, an external one added to the P13 library. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to load the injection from the library.

The only OTHER thing that I could think of is, if the morph injections rely on Victoria 4.2 morph packages, do you also have the runtimes that contain Victoria 4.2 and all her morphs included as external runtimes for Poser 13?

They don't, they are MTs created with magnets inside Poser.

Rorschach ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2024 at 6:04 AM · edited Tue, 06 February 2024 at 6:04 AM

Thank you all for your comments. Here's an illustrated version to make things clearer:

On P13 I load V4 from an outside runtime and using a magnet I create a chest MT I'll call "horn". Then export it as a morph injection to the poses folder of that same runtime.

3oLZYtNDUrfT0BbpL7gV0iQJMPXRpCe6rnPZES3J.jpg

P13 creates .pz2 and a .pmd files as seen on the folder on Windows Explorer.

oPODtXoLR81LG5JQS938neIW10GhSgIZpVwXjKqB.jpg

Then on P12 I load V4 and go to the poses library...

ORWCPbXm4g0CWYhMAI7trSrdShpBdUHHYTXsIy6h.jpg

...and load "Horn". It works.

22WsTOTZyUSN7vwjkpyRkR0VJm5SA7immUkR5ygh.jpg

Back on P13 I delete the V4 and load a new V4 and then load the Horn pose...

EkrIxXWDsev96O1SwBXTcTl0jKCY8YQZitnSUG6B.jpg

...and while the dial appears it has zero effect on the figure.

It's not that P12 injections for V4 don't work on P13, injections created on P13 also don't work. They all work fine on P11.

xz4NZSIG8i1jI4NgqnwxttFagPvx0RHUceuANuTl.jpg

And when I try the same with M4 I find no problem at all.

I keep thinking there's something wrong with my setup because otherwise a lot of other people should have had this problem. I guess I'll have to submit a ticket.

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2024 at 1:33 PM · edited Tue, 06 February 2024 at 1:35 PM

>>>> On P13 I load V4 from an outside runtime and using a magnet I create a chest MT I'll call "horn". Then export it as a morph injection to the poses folder of that same runtime.

This might be the problem. You're creating the morph with a magnet, and then export as a morph injection. 

What I would do first is Spawn a full body morph for the figure. This should take the shape from the magnets and create an actual morph so that you don't need the magnets any longer. Just spawn the morph, delete the magnet, dial the morph to 1 to make sure it works as expected. Then create your morph injection and PMD. Let me know if that fixes the issue.

Rorschach ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2024 at 2:21 PM
DeeceyArt posted at 1:33 PM Tue, 6 February 2024 - #4481318

What I would do first is Spawn a full body morph for the figure. This should take the shape from the magnets and create an actual morph so that you don't need the magnets any longer.

Sorry, I've failed to explain myself correctly. I deform the body part with a magnet and then spawn a morph target. That MT is what I export using the export morph injection option and then load from the pose library.

nerd ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2024 at 3:50 PM
Forum Moderator

Yes, please submit a support ticket. I'll try to grab it when it comes in since I've already been trying to figure this one out.

I tried your steps with the magnet I can't get it to not work. Clearly there's something more involved. Especially with it only affecting V4.

blackbonner ( ) posted Thu, 08 February 2024 at 2:49 PM

I can confirm that problem.
I re-created the morph, exported it into my main library, deleted the V4.2, loaded her again.
The morph from the library is getting loaded, the dial shows up, but it's not working at all.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 08 February 2024 at 3:18 PM
Online Now!

Could someone possibly re-create the conditions with a weight-mapped V4, either Sasha or the Poser Place version?  Those figures have their magnets stripped out and IIRC, M4 has no magnets with the initial mesh.

blackbonner ( ) posted Fri, 09 February 2024 at 10:27 AM · edited Fri, 09 February 2024 at 10:27 AM

@hborre
I have done the testing with a Sasha V4 and it does not work.
As you can see on picture 1 the morph is similar to what Rorschach did.
In picture 2 you can see the reapplied morph. It only creates a spike at the stomac, the chest area is not altered.

dOPYj5aB3eE90zQSWAmCn1VbzeVxpIvj31JktATR.pngof0Cg4NIEHtwXt6Ntlw3mAYdIWRjYQxeNQLn5Qrm.png

Rorschach ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2024 at 2:16 PM
nerd posted at 3:50 PM Tue, 6 February 2024 - #4481327

Yes, please submit a support ticket. I'll try to grab it when it comes in since I've already been trying to figure this one out.

Thanks. It's already being looked into.

Rorschach ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2024 at 2:20 PM · edited Sat, 10 February 2024 at 2:22 PM

blackbonner posted at 2:49 PM Thu, 8 February 2024 - #4481366

I can confirm that problem.
I re-created the morph, exported it into my main library, deleted the V4.2, loaded her again.
The morph from the library is getting loaded, the dial shows up, but it's not working at all.

Right now I feel like the main character in a paranoid movie when he discovers more people that have discovered the same conspiracy.

By the way, thanks to everyone that has read and contributed to this thread.

I was convinced it was something due to my ancient runtime or some of the tweaking I had done somewhere.

Mason41 ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2024 at 12:17 PM

I was able to reproduce this effect in release version of poser. I could not duplicate it in debug. So I am now checking why release will not work properly.

Mason41 ( ) posted Tue, 13 February 2024 at 7:23 PM

version .581 has this issue. Poser Software should be doing a hot fix soon that fixes this issue.

Rorschach ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2024 at 6:49 AM

Finally version 13.3.686 has fixed this problem for me. Hooray!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.