Mon, Jun 17, 6:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Virtual World Dynamics

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 15 12:51 pm)

Subject: toubleshooting please

tomasball ( ) posted Thu, 05 October 2023 at 8:02 AM · edited Fri, 17 May 2024 at 9:42 AM

HI, I installed VWD on Daz studio some time ago, and have used it successfully several times.  Today I can't  make it work, and I wonder if I have had a stroke and forgotten some important part.

I make a scene with a cube and a plane.  The plane is above the  cube and the time line is 30 frames

I start VWD, select the cube and press collision and again press collision.  now the list says collision next to the cube

I select the plane, select cloth, and again press cloth.  Now it is labeled as cloth.

Now I select simulation, and then select start dynamic simulation.

It runs through the timeline, but the plane does not move at all

.  Does that sound like I'm doing something wrong?

fuqol217 ( ) posted Wed, 11 October 2023 at 4:41 AM · edited Wed, 11 October 2023 at 4:41 AM
Online Now!

Hi tomasball

I'm not an expert, but a keen user. What you are doing sounds ok, but when I did it I got the same result - nothing moved. Then I noticed I had GPU selected for the simulation, which seems to be a problem nowadays.

So I changed to CPU for the simulation and it worked perfectly.

Other things to consider if it still has problems (sorry if this is obvious): Try restoring default parameters; and make sure your primitives have a good number of divisions when you create them.

xiU38LjQjFOLWiKpkMkDcl80wGgWvoVzbNNC0KBy.jpg

randolphshaw4 ( ) posted Tue, 24 October 2023 at 2:31 AM

Try restoring default parameters, and ensure that your primitives have a sufficient amount of divisions when you create them. rainbow obby

tomasball ( ) posted Tue, 24 October 2023 at 9:07 AM

It was the restore default parameters I was missing.  Thanks all.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.