Mon, Jun 17, 6:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Virtual World Dynamics

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 15 12:51 pm)

Subject: Changing frame rate in Daz

fuqol217 ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2022 at 11:49 AM · edited Sat, 15 June 2024 at 2:55 PM

Hi

Things seem quiet on the VWD forum - I'm still using it and liking it a lot!

However, one thing I like to do in Daz is create an animation at a low frame rate and then increase it before rendering. This worked with Version 1 Cloth and Hair using Philemot's Daz bridge, but version 2 freezes or goes into an infinite loop. Is there a workaround to allow a change of frame rate? If I have to create the VWD simulation at 60fps it takes a long time, and doesn't seems as realistic as creating at lower frame rates.

Many thanks!

fuqol217 ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2023 at 6:09 AM

In case anyone else is remotely interested (!), I found an answer to my own question. It is a fair bit of work...

- You can export the VWD animated item from Daz  (base resolution) as both an obj (first frame) and an mdd (lightwave) animation and import those to Blender.

- Then export from Blender as an obj animation. (Select the options to keep vertex order and don't split)

- Import the first frame obj back into Daz and use Morph Loader Pro to create one morph per frame on it for the animation.

- Use the AniMorph script to set the Morphs so only the correct one is at 100% for each frame.

I got this process from Jay Versluis' youtube guide, which has much better explanation: How to import OBJ Sequences into DAZ Studio with animMorph - YouTube

I guess the end result is similar to Philemot's Daz bridge used with v1 of VWD.

I intend to reduce the frame rate when exporting to and from Blender, which should result in a smoother simulation, and smaller file size. When finished I would change keyframe interpolation to linear on all the new morphs, and increase the frame rate. 

The downside is that it creates a big scene file when saved in Daz. Also, AniMorph seems to create keyframes on everything on every frame which shouldn't be necessary.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.