Sun, Jun 2, 7:47 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, donnena Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 25 9:15 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: I'm back

MindVision-GDS ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2022 at 1:39 PM · edited Sun, 02 June 2024 at 5:29 AM

So...what did I miss? 

FVerbaas ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2022 at 3:02 PM
Forum Coordinator

That depends. When did you stop watching?

Enneh, goeienavond. 😉 

MindVision-GDS ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2022 at 10:28 PM

Been a 3d content creator for 15 years....heart warming that no one remembers me.

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2022 at 2:58 AM

I think he meant to say at what time you left poser and which version you have. En ik herinner me je wel maar voornamelijk van Daz Studio. Welkom terug!

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2022 at 3:41 AM · edited Sat, 06 August 2022 at 3:45 AM
Forum Coordinator

That indeed was the simple question. Did some filtering and found your most recent activity here dates august 2011. 

I find one store product for Genesis and two (very nice, BTW!) gallery images, also from that time, no freebies. In forum discussions there are references to some products and freebies that no longer exist. 

So, welcome back!, but don't be surprised you are not recognised immediately.

By the way: This is the Poser12 forum. Poser 12 officially still is in Beta and many long time users still are at Poser 10 or 11. They like to hang out at the 'Official Poser' forum. 

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2022 at 10:48 AM

"MindVision-GDS" I know this onlline name, but I can't remember your last interactions, indeed.
If I look at my old galleries, I find Poser 8 & Poser 9 during 2011.

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2022 at 1:09 PM

Welcome back, it has been a long time.  With the rash of old users seemingly coming back from the dead, it almost seems apocalyptic in a way.  I fear the end is near.

OneWay41 ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2022 at 2:29 PM

"Pick" a  "V3_Goth" and make it a "Mannequin" make some "Bubbles" and ride the "MV-Suzume" on a "Timeless" adventure

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2022 at 2:56 PM

Subtle name-dropping I see, LOL.

OneWay41 ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2022 at 3:19 PM · edited Sat, 06 August 2022 at 3:19 PM

:)

jm1azUpqjI8yfm0xIyGkrv9Y5ojWm6EyLjSpGFbP.jpg

Jo3vYcLAl3ByUtfPo9n8Yq1yugruiyOKiBN6ElKo.jpg

OneWay41 ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2022 at 3:35 PM · edited Sat, 06 August 2022 at 3:35 PM

Welcome "back to the future"

yxYJX40FI1cNnpahYKTsHJefVpfCvrsW0fvgDzyD.jpg

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2022 at 6:14 PM

Toys ready for a Poser Cycles rework.

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2022 at 7:19 PM
hborre posted at 6:14 PM Sat, 6 August 2022 - #4442406

Toys ready for a Poser Cycles rework.

Defenitely!

MindVision-GDS ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2022 at 11:07 PM

Seems I am not that dead afterall

MindVision-GDS ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2022 at 11:11 PM
OneWay41 posted at 2:29 PM Sat, 6 August 2022 - #4442390

"Pick" a  "V3_Goth" and make it a "Mannequin" make some "Bubbles" and ride the "MV-Suzume" on a "Timeless" adventure

Ha! you did your homework ;)

NikKelly ( ) posted Sun, 07 August 2022 at 7:50 AM

Welcome !!

At least your 'Classic' files are still accessible: I keep stumbling across forlorn links to sites that are not only gone, but set 'Do Not Index' flags beyond front page, so their fun freebies are lost from even the 'WayBack Machine'...

Against that, I keep finding 'buried treasures' among the stuff I frantically salvaged from the multiple drive failures that took down both my first CAD-Tower and its complementary Browser PC...

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Sun, 07 August 2022 at 8:53 AM
MindVision-GDS posted at 11:07 PM Sat, 6 August 2022 - #4442425

Seems I am not that dead afterall

Nee niet dood, harstikke leuk dat je er weer bent juist!

ThunderStone ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2022 at 11:21 AM

So glad you are still around MV-GDS! Yes, you missed a lot of changes. Reality had gone the way of the doo-doo bird, and so have YRUdigital and other hobbyists storefronts. I still have your wonderful creations, and now I am working to update the materials.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

ThunderStone ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2022 at 1:39 PM

Have a question for you, MindVision.  Are you going to update your PICK script, both Creator and Sci-Fi? I think it can still be used in Poser 11 and 12. The SCIFI Creator works fine but the other side, Kitchen, Locker, Windows, Stairs, throw errors, especially when trying to use the 2 Colors Tile options in the Kitchen and elsewhere module. Here is an example:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\BondWare Poser 113\runtime\python\poserScripts\ShaderWorks\PICK Creator\Base\Buttons\7-Extras and Expansions\Kitchen\8- MATs\7-Tile options\1-Colors-Chess 2 colors.py", line 11, in <module>
    KITCHEN_TILES_ALLTILES_TWO_COLORS_CHESS(this_room=1)
  File "C:\Users\Basil\Desktop\Poser Python\Python\PICK\FINISHED\SOURCE\KITCHEN\runtime\python\poserScripts\ShaderWorks\PICK Creator\Base\PICK Creator - Kitchen.py", line 1179, in KITCHEN_TILES_ALLTILES_TWO_COLORS_CHESS
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'Value'

Thanks in advance for any help, suggestions, advice and an extremely useful poser prop. Love it!!!

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2022 at 2:30 PM

It looks like the changes in the Python Script is incompatible with P11 and definitely with P12.

OneWay41 ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2022 at 2:40 PM

This seems to be a Py error in Poser 11.3 after Bondware updated and messed up the python engine causing that most of the Py addons are not working correctly anymore causing loading errors. Pythons were working perfectly in SM Poser 11.1

Bondware never bothered fixing there terrible break that damaged allot of asset packages with python support in Poser 11.2 up.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2022 at 2:47 PM

They did not 'mess it up'.. previous Python version reached end of life and the owner had to make the difficult decision to upgrade to the new Python 3, which made all scripts that were not in program obsolete.

I have had several vendor made scripts I paid hard cash for become unusable in P12 (just like it happened at a previous time betweem P8 and P12 somewhere I think), but several of the free ones were updated by either their owner or others who took up their work. Software changes, evolves and we must adapt. There are things I would wish Bondware would have done differently,  but this was inevitable and actually overdue.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2022 at 2:53 PM

Also, in some instances, nothing happened upon clicking the button in the python panel. But it's still a good, useful mod.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.