Tue, Apr 30, 2:19 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, donnena Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 30 1:25 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Background image not full size with Superfly

pcopr ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2020 at 10:32 AM · edited Wed, 17 April 2024 at 3:19 PM

Poser 12 cuts off the background image on both sides when rendered with Superfly. It does not do this with Firefly nor did it do that in Poser 11 with Superfly. Any ideas?

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2020 at 10:53 AM

In the mean time, till it's corrected, you may render with a background set to invisible and recompose the final picture in the program of your choice.

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

pcopr ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2020 at 11:53 AM

Thanks, yes I've ben doing that in Hit Film but it would be easier to compose if it was fully visible since I use a shadow catcher to match up foreground and background.

adp001 ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2020 at 1:38 PM

The background also influences the lighting. Direct (if emission is set for the background prop) or indirect (light-reflection).

ChromeStar ( ) posted Mon, 30 November 2020 at 4:37 PM

You can increase the scale of the background image and give the U and V positions negative values to make it fit. Good enough if you have a very high resolution background and don't care about the precise positioning. If your background image is the same resolution as the image you are rendering, though, it will degrade the quality.

I tried it and stuck with rendering on a transparent background myself.

pcopr ( ) posted Sat, 10 April 2021 at 6:30 PM

The new upgrade 12.0.471 has fixed the bug. A background image will now render full frame when using Superfly!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.