Tue, Apr 30, 6:24 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 29 12:23 pm)

Subject: L'Homme Pro v2 Free for 11.3?

inquire ( ) posted Sat, 14 November 2020 at 1:34 PM · edited Wed, 17 April 2024 at 4:05 PM

In the description for L'Homme Pro v2, it states: "The L'Homme base figure is included in the 11.3 service release for Poser. The L'Homme Pro figure has new tools for content developers and is a free update for anyone who already has him." I have Poser 11.3. How do I get L'Homme Pro v2 free? [Poser 12 is not yet out for Mac users, I believe.]

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 14 November 2020 at 2:08 PM

The base figure is free, L'Homme Pro v2 is not. You need to purchase that separately.

inquire ( ) posted Sat, 14 November 2020 at 2:32 PM

Really? Well, I'm not saying that you are incorrect. But I will say that the wording in that case is very peculiar. It reads: "The L'Homme base figure is included in the 11.3 service release for Poser. The L'Homme Pro figure has new tools for content developers and is a free update for anyone who already has him." The "has him" should refer to L'Homme. To whom else would it refer? Now, I taught English in both high school and college, and I had a number of my students win prizes for excellence in essays and poetry. Now, to me, it says the "L'Homme Pro figure . . . is a free update." If that is not the meaning, shouldn't it read something like "The L'Homme base figure is included in the 11.3 service release for Poser . . . and is a free update for anyone who already has him"? Meaning what? That there's a free update to the base figure only with the next version of Poser? Does it mean that if you have the L'Homme Pro figure version 1, then the L'Homme Pro figure version 2 is free? Again, I'm not saying that I should get this product free. I'm saying that this is a very peculiar way to attempt to communicate. (And that's not your fault.)

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 14 November 2020 at 2:35 PM

I bought L'Homme Pro, even though I had Poser 11.3. I think the free update might refer to people like me. Maybe the free update is for those who have L'Homme Pro, not for those who have the base figure?

inquire ( ) posted Sat, 14 November 2020 at 2:38 PM

Well, that's what I was considering in the last few sentences above, in which I wrote: "Does it mean that if you have the L'Homme Pro figure version 1, then the L'Homme Pro figure version 2 is free? Again, I'm not saying that I should get this product free. I'm saying that this is a very peculiar way to attempt to communicate. (And that's not your fault.)" But, again, someone could use a little help with putting thoughts into English.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 14 November 2020 at 2:46 PM

FWIW...so far as I can tell, there's not a huge difference between the Pro and base versions. The Pro version has content developer tools, and naughty bits. That's the only difference I've noticed.

Agree that the way Rosity sells LF and LH is very confusing.

Richard60 ( ) posted Sat, 14 November 2020 at 3:03 PM

Part of the problem stems from the fact that La Femme was created When Smith Micro still owned Poser and La Femme was sold here at Renderosity. So you could have bought both figures before they were included in Poser as "FREE" base figures. The Base Figure being something without the extra bits. So when they did an update to La Femme L Homme to Version 2.0 people who already bought Version 1 of said models got the free update to 2.0 and anyone using Poser 11.3+ get the Base version.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.