Sat, Jun 15, 4:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 14 7:19 pm)

Subject: Why only Daz studio for content creators

Mason41 ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2020 at 5:27 PM · edited Sun, 28 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

I've been curious why content creators only make stuff for Daz studio and not poser. I could maybe see figures and clothes but why a building or prop. Aren't they leaving out a whole group of potential customers?

mishamcm ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2020 at 5:32 PM

Some content creators may not own Poser, or may feel they do not have the skills or the time to make a Poser version which meets their standards.

richardandtracy ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2020 at 5:48 PM

Given the render quality most frequently seen in the Poser gallery, why would content creators aim that low? I took a 12 year break from 2007 to 2019, and the Poser renders don't seem to have progressed in that time, and even in 2007 the DS 'average' was better than the 'average' output from Poser. The DS renders in that time have come on leaps and bounds while Poser renders seem to have been pretty static. Sad to say it has been left way behind.

HartyBart ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2020 at 6:34 PM · edited Sun, 08 November 2020 at 6:34 PM

Moderators - this is an obvious 'troll thread' and should be locked.

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

Mason41 ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2020 at 8:03 PM

HartyBart posted at 8:02PM Sun, 08 November 2020 - #4403920

Moderators - this is an obvious 'troll thread' and should be locked.

How is this a troll thread. I'm just wondering why creators only make content for daz studio. I'm frustrated by the lack of poser content and see lots of cool stuff I'd like to have but its Daz only.

Heatherlly ( ) posted Sun, 08 November 2020 at 11:38 PM · edited Sun, 08 November 2020 at 11:41 PM

I'm both a moderator and a Daz content creator. This thread is fine as long as those who post here are respectful and follow the rules.

To answer OP's question…

I can't speak for all Daz creators, but I've personally never used Poser. It's not a question of one being better than the other… it's just easier to stick with the program I started off with.

That said, I have become more interested in learning to create in Poser. Character creation is my main niche…I'd love to see what I could do with La Femme and L'Homme.

In any case, every content creator is different. Some stick with what they know, while others branch out. You're right, though – creating content for both programs is beneficial all around and would certainly increase sales for those who want to do it.

Personally, I'd try reaching out to Daz creators you like. Compliment them on their work and tell them how much you'd love to see a Poser version. Some might prefer to stick with Daz, but you never know… you might inspire someone to convert a really cool product (or even a bunch of them).

richardandtracy ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2020 at 12:49 AM

One thing I do feel is that the recent interest and investment in Poser cannot be bad for both Poser & DS. The competition is needed to keep both advancing, and Poser's languishing in the doldrums is not good for either program.

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2020 at 6:13 AM · edited Mon, 09 November 2020 at 6:16 AM
wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 09 November 2020 at 6:16 AM

I can offer the perspective of a person who was clothing content creator for Daz Genesis 1,2,3 and now creates content for the Iclone/CCC base figures ,such as this sci fi/military uniform ,for the CC3 base male, depicted below this post.

Reading the release notes for poser 12 ,one can see alot of boasts about support for rendering on high end ,expensive GPU's, but nothing about improved clothing rigging tools for potential vendors.

What good is a high end RTX card & "Superfly" if you have very old or poor quality content to render with them??

I model my clothing in Blender and import into Iclone CC3 pipeline and click one button and have conforming clothing item with many adjustment features to customize the fit for extreme body shapes.

And there is a similar process in Daz studio's transfer utility with only a few more mouse clicks than CC3 pipeline.

And my CC3 clothing is universal in that ALL of the CC3 figures from Baby luna to the Hivewire Gorilla can wear the clothing .

This is because CC3 and Daz both have unified base figure systems where there are universal standards for us content creators to follow.

Bondware seems to trying to attempt this by rallying around LF/LH however rigging/weighting clothing for them needs to be as easy as it is Iclone/ CC3 or Daz studio and...sorry.... I have tried the Poser "fitting room" and it is not even close to producing the quality results one gets with CC3 or Daz studio's system.?

Also Daz studio is Free.

If a potential vendor wants to support poser he /she has spend $250 USD to buy it first and still have subpar,outdated clothing rigging tools and a smaller market of potential customers who themselves have to buy poser.

Until NOV 22, you can get both Iclone & CC3 pipeline for $200 USD total.

Developing for CC3 gives one access to a much broader market as Reallusion has a stronger foothold in the lucritive video game & animated filmmakers content market

UNSC GREY2.png

My website

YouTube Channel

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Thu, 12 November 2020 at 4:03 AM

That is a very good question. I have been using both programs for years. While i feel that daz studio improved and went further, Poser came to a standstill. Like the comment above, it is much easier to create for studio than it is for poser. Studio has also content creation tools, it is less work. Oftentimes you can import scenery into Poser but you have to correct the shading etc.

Poser has a lot of content but also a lot of it is outdated. They released la femme and l'homme. I personally really dislike those models, strange gaze and also a strange form. In the end they are just polygons and they can be altered. I can create the same morph for genesis in less time because it fits better in my workflow.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.