Mon, Jun 17, 6:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Virtual World Dynamics

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 15 12:51 pm)

Subject: New concept for VWD

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2020 at 4:17 PM · edited Mon, 03 June 2024 at 9:55 AM

Hello,

I want to find another way to distribute VWD. It is a necessary condition for further development.

My first idea is to create a new concept in the creation and distribution of Clothes and Hair. I want to create clothes and hair but I want to include in the product a way of doing the simulation. I started to make two packages (a garment and a hair) which can be a validation of this concept.

I would like to have a few users who agree to test these two products and help me finalize the project. These two products are not good but they are good enough for testing.

I guess you have my email address. If you are interested in this project, you can send me a message.

My second idea is to cut VWD into small products. The program is made up of many functions which can be used independently and this might be a good way to create low cost products containing a single VWD function. Maybe some people would be interested in buying a simple product performing a single action at $ 10 rather than a complex product with many functions at $ 60.

I will be very interested in all the reflections that you will agree to give me in this thread.

Thank you in advance.

Gérald

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2020 at 3:25 PM

Hello,

I am surprised not to have an answer.

Please, if my explanations are not clear enough, tell me.

My idea is just to send these two products for test to a few users so that they can tell me if this concept can be interesting for them.

tomyee ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2020 at 9:47 AM

Hi Gerald, I think maybe there is no quick response to your idea from Jun 12th only because there has not been much news on this forum, so many people are not checking the thread very often. I checked the forum today for the first time in 2 weeks 😇 so I suspect you will get more responses as more followers come here over time.

I am always interested in creating hair (or a better way to create hair that does not take a long time!) and if you have a way to make clothes that is easier than Marvelous Designer, I would be happy to help beta test any of your ideas.

kwan ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2020 at 3:57 PM

Gérald, I'm sorry I was also away from my computer for a few days. I would also be interested in helping you if I can. I love working with your projects, and I would like to see you do more with VWD. I will send you an email so you can tell me what I can do.

akuei2 ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2020 at 10:05 PM · edited Thu, 18 June 2020 at 10:09 PM

Gérald, your second idea may work.

Recently, Loylo3d release their animation input tool called Mixamojo. This is good sign where more & more possible input animation in Daz Studio at future.

I'm pure & true & honest guy, there are so boring for original animation. In other hand, I like breast & butt jiggle at all.

Here my work, input mixamo animation by loylo3d script & adding breast jiggle by VWD. Mixamojo & VWD

IMHO, maybe you can separate dynamic morph function as standalone script. 10$~20$ is fair price for every dude for who're enjoyed sexy girl & p**n related action.

(Belive me, pure & true & honest dude, had no resistance to any sexy girl).

Maybe at future, you can extend to ... such a hair( pony/twintail ) or tail.

BreastJig is one example will sell in renderosity. But compare to VWD, it's less nature and controllable. :)

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Fri, 19 June 2020 at 3:24 PM

Thank you for your replies.

@tomyee: The new version will allow to generate strands hair from classic hair. These hair behaves well in animations or dynamic poses and give good rendering results. The new version will allow you to create clothes from a geometry. I use Rhino3D for the geometry creation and I think it is the best program to do so. I generally use GMSH for the mesh generation (I like to work with equilateral triangles). All the other parts of the cloth generation can now be made in VWD. Personally, I don't like the limits of the shape generation in Marvellous designer and I also don't like the meshing generation in MD. All the clothes I will create will be made using VWD.

@kwan: Thank you for your help. I have to finalize some details in the two products I want to send you. The new version of the program will allow you to create a multi-collisions animation. I will do a simple tutorial showing the "Curtains" animation.

@akuei2: I agree with you, cutting VWD in small functions is certainly a good solution. The dynamic morphs function was my first idea as well. I will look at Mixamojo. Personnaly I made a lot of animations based on Mixamo. It is easy to generate a Genesis2 animation in Mixamo and then extend this animation to Genesis 3 and 8. My main problem is how to correct an animation when it doesn't correspond exactly to my wish. If you have any idea on this. Perhaps, one day, I will write an animation corrector. It is a DREAM!!!

I think to some functions which could be sold separately of VWD. For example, I thought to a simple program based on VWD which would allow to dynamically modify a mesh. This program would use the dynamic deformation in VWD and would transform a mesh (character, prop, cloth, hair etc...) as a dynamic actor deformable by this program. The result would be sendable back to Daz. This program would allow to correct any error in the meshes before to do the render.

I think VWD is at a turning point in its evolution. The full version of the program will continue to exist. But this version is certainly too expensive and too complex for those who do not want to take too much time to learn it. Small functions sold separately is certainly a good way to continue to make VWD alive.

Thank you to all.

Gérald

VWD3D ( ) posted Fri, 19 June 2020 at 4:07 PM

I'm liking the smaller and separate utility idea too. I think that the many small features that are built into VWD's simulation environment are in many ways "hidden" from users.

Having them be available to tweak some of the scene elements just before the sim is useful, but only if they are known and understood, so it is an interesting balance.

Maybe it would be good to extract/write standalone utilities at the same time some are also integrated into the main VWD program.

cheers, VWD3D / dan

--
Resources: https://www.virtualworlddynamics.net - https://www.patreon.com/VWD
Rendo PM: VWD3D or VirtualWorldDynamics or support@virtualworlddynamics.net
Current VWD Version:   Release: V2.2.924.6464 - 2019/12/12, 9:46am
Qualifier: Yes, I'm helping Gérald with VWD, Nooo, I'm not yet an expert on its use!

tomyee ( ) posted Sat, 20 June 2020 at 11:12 AM

Hi Gerald, both the new tools sound very good. I'll be happy to test them (I think you already have my email but if not, I can email you again directly so that you have it).

I also support the idea of making VWD into smaller and more focused utilities that are cheaper in price. I already mentioned to Dan many months ago that I was having too many problems understanding VWD because it was too hard to learn and I had to go back to use Poser's old Cloth Room. Having more specific VWD utliities that focus on a certain task where the user interface is also less generic, is a great idea.

Akuei2 mentioned doing breast jiggle with VWD and my first thought was "Yes, how many Poser users would pay $10 just to get automatic breast jiggle for their V4 or LaFemme animations?" 😁 I only do static renders, but even I have had problems getting the breasts of V4 to look natural when I pose her lying on her back, or tilted backward at an angle. "VWD for breasts" would be your best-selling product I think, lol.

Surody ( ) posted Sun, 21 June 2020 at 10:13 AM

Hi Gérald,

I would be glad to test those new products for you. I hope we can find a way to better monetize VWD to further fuel the development.

kwan ( ) posted Sun, 21 June 2020 at 11:08 PM

Wow, Akuei2 how in the world did you get that volumetric effect into DAZ Studio? By the way the full body dynamics is a really nice feature in VWD, but I would still like to find some good examples of what is possible with it. I can see how a mesh in the form of a mound (like a breast or a glute) could easily be done with it. But I am curious about something tubular, like thighs or a tail, long bunny ears or even a male's unmentionables. I think it is possible with VWD but the question is how to set it up.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2020 at 3:16 PM

Hello all,

Thank you for the interest you have for the program.

The current two products work only for Daz Studio. I want to extend this feature to poser but this will require to write some functions. This will allow to have dynamic strand hair on La femme for example.

For dynamic parts in a body, you can use the dynamic morphs. There are two videos on youtube.

• One for showing how to use dynamic morphs.
  • Another to explain how to create a dynamic morph. There is another way to create a dynamic part of a body is to import the character as cloth object without any stiffness, select the no morph parts as "Animated by Host", apply a hard stiffness on the dynamic parts and try the simulation. Only the dynamic parts of the body will be deformed by the animation. I will do some tests, please tell me if you get good results using this method.

To answer to kwan, the quality of the simulation made using the dynamic morphs depends a lot of the quality of the morphs themselves. This also depends if the morph exists or not. This can require a lot of work before to do the simulation.

tomyee ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2020 at 3:53 PM

Gerald, since I am mostly a Poser user (I only use a very old version of Daz Studio sometimes) and I'm still on Poser10/PPro2012, does this mean that if you do create these products for Poser that they will only work on Poser 11 and higher?

VWD3D ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2020 at 7:36 PM · edited Mon, 22 June 2020 at 7:39 PM

I believe the current VWD2.2 version is compatible and working on Poser 9+. The updates to this version should also maintain that compatibility.

Any scripts and stand-alone utilities that we add will always take the users into account, and compatibility with both old and new is a big part of this decision-making process.

The next version of Poser will be updating the internal Python version, so I am expecting that we will have to also make some changes to the VWD scripts to account for this change. I assume that backward compatibility is going to be very important, since so many of us do not run the latest-and-greatest things, since they so often break our workflows. It is always a balance.

cheers, VWD3D/dan

--
Resources: https://www.virtualworlddynamics.net - https://www.patreon.com/VWD
Rendo PM: VWD3D or VirtualWorldDynamics or support@virtualworlddynamics.net
Current VWD Version:   Release: V2.2.924.6464 - 2019/12/12, 9:46am
Qualifier: Yes, I'm helping Gérald with VWD, Nooo, I'm not yet an expert on its use!

Surody ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2020 at 11:57 AM

@Gérald do you still need testers? If you got enough people already that's fine, just checking.

fuqol217 ( ) posted Wed, 24 June 2020 at 4:08 AM
Online Now!

Sorry Gérald, not been on the forum for weeks, but have been very busy using VWD with animations in DS. I haven't liked what I have seen of strand hair. I am happy with the results I have been getting with VWD on non-strand hair, apart from it being a bit "twitchy". For VWD development: I love the power of the program. I have used it for hair, multiple layers of clothing, and for objects (eg vacuum cleaner hose), but I am a scientist rather than an artist so I am more happy than most to wrestle with it! What I would love to have is a program which is more robust, and which is more informative when things do go wrong. I have found that I get better reliability by stripping the scene right down to the components which are essential for the VWD simulation, and then merging it back into the full scene later. I also have a habit of shutting down every other application on my PC that I can, and I reboot if things are failing.

Let me know if you are still looking for testers.

Many thanks.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 24 June 2020 at 4:13 PM

@tomyee:The current test products work only on Daz Studio. In fact, I don't want to invest too much time if this concept has no future. Perhaps you can test them in a old version of DS. The dynamic breast for all the characters will be a good new simple product to do. I will start to think to that quickly.

@Surody: Yes I will send these files to you soon, I just have to do some modifications in the textures. Thank you for your proposal. I will be interested to have your opinion on this concept.

@kwan: I will do some tests with second method I gave you. I have some simulation ideas where this method can be useful.

@fuqol217: The new function in the program which allows to converts classic hair to strand hair seems to work fine now. They also seem to work fine in Simulation. I will be happy to have your opinion on the subject. I also am a scientist rather than a programmer and an artist. I love to write simulation functions in the program and try to find the best results. It is for this reason the program has so many functions even though most of them are still useful. As I said in another thread, I hope VWD will have a Version3. Our aim, to Dan and I, will be to stabilize the program. If you want, I can send you the two products, I will be interested to have your feedbacks.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2020 at 4:09 PM

Excuse me, a lot of work to do. I will give you more information this week. Sorry!

fuqol217 ( ) posted Mon, 29 June 2020 at 6:19 AM
Online Now!

Hi Gérald

I'd be happy to try testing them, although if the installation or setup is complex I may have to give up!

How do I get them? I don't have an email address for you and I am not keen to post mine in public.

It's not urgent - Whenever it is convenient for you. Thanks!

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Tue, 14 July 2020 at 7:01 PM

Hello,

Excuse me to reply so late.

Perhaps I never told you that one of my other activity is to manage a guest house. This activity is necessary for my wife and I and I can say you that this year is very complicated with the Covid-19. We receive a lot of conflicting information and we have to define the best for our guests with all the security rules. It is a puzzle without all the pieces.

We are now ready and I will have more time to work again on VWD.

In the coming days, I will send the 2 products to Dan. When the two packages will be ready, I will create two threads, one by products, with a link to the product. I will ask you to test the dress and the hair when you have time to do so. I will do corrections depending on your feedbacks. When these products will seem correct to you, I will send them to the freestuffs, here at Renderosity.

My idea is to create products specially designed for simulations. I already know how to do the clothes, but I am almost ready to finalize hair products. The first hair products (not sold) will not be perfect.

Excuse me again for the delay.

Gérald

fuqol217 ( ) posted Wed, 15 July 2020 at 5:11 AM
Online Now!

Hi Gérald.

That's fine - whenever you are ready. Hope the guest house business goes smoothly.

Stay safe.

kwan ( ) posted Sat, 25 July 2020 at 6:56 PM

Gérald, I know we are all busy these days. I have so many issues in the past month that kept me from doing anything with my #D animations. I am still very interested in VWD development but I am confused about where things are right now. I thought that you planned on sending your new versions to your testers but I did not get an email from you this time. Are you still interested in making your updates? I hope you don't feel I'm being pushy I am just curious anything new with VWD, and I would still love to help if you would like. Thanks for everything Gérald, I am definitely here if you stll need testers.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 27 July 2020 at 4:47 PM

Hello Kwan, Hello all,

Excuse me if I didn't post any message.

With the Covid, the work is huge at each change of guests. 8 full hours at three people.

I didn't think this work would be so high.

I want to finalize my test fabric and my test hair and I also want to send informations to Dan to finalize the new version.

I will do all I can do to do this work in the summer but I don't know I will be able to do so before September.

Dan gave me an idea about the program, I agree with him. We will certainly share this reflection with you soon.

Sorry for the delay I am currently taking.

Thank you very much for your support.

Have a great day.

Gérald

Surody ( ) posted Sat, 01 August 2020 at 12:49 PM

VWD doesn't save animations anymore with 4.12.1. I know that there's a general issue with saving keyframes in the newest version but when I simulate a scene, save it and reload it the simulation is gone. Same happens with 2 simulated objects in one scene. When I simulate '1' and afterwards '2', the simulation is gone and only 2 has a animation. Is that some user specific issue for me or does everyone has this issue with the newest Daz version?

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 01 August 2020 at 4:08 PM

Hello Surody,

This issue is linked to Daz Studio. DS does not animate two animated actors if the animation is not executed in only one script. DS does not save the texture of an actor if this texture has been applied by script.

To resolve these issues, You have to click on the button named "Restore anims and mats" in the Utility tab. This action is immediate.

Surody ( ) posted Sat, 01 August 2020 at 5:10 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 5:09PM Sat, 01 August 2020 - #4395728

Hello Surody,

This issue is linked to Daz Studio. DS does not animate two animated actors if the animation is not executed in only one script. DS does not save the texture of an actor if this texture has been applied by script.

To resolve these issues, You have to click on the button named "Restore anims and mats" in the Utility tab. This action is immediate.

Yep, I figured that out, thank you though. I did test it with Daz 4.10 and it didn't work there either, so I knew it's on me. :P

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.