Sun, Jun 2, 12:28 AM CDT

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 01 6:55 pm)

Subject: Iray seems to be broken

wheatpenny ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2019 at 4:47 PM · edited Tue, 28 May 2024 at 9:39 AM
Site Admin

Ever since I installed Daz 4.12 on my new computer, every time I attempt an iray render I get an error message that says "Unable to render. No renderer available". Which basically means I can only render in 3delight. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Daz Studio twice in an attempt to fix it, but it still won't render.

In case it's relevant my computer is an HP with 8 GB ram, 1 TB hard drive, a 3 GHz processor, and windows 10. No graphics card, just the integrated graphics that came with the computer

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Can I read notes?  Hell, there ain't no notes to a banjo. You just play it.

(Anonymous banjo player c. 1850 when asked if he could read music)

Razor42 ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2019 at 5:13 PM

I have done a bit of searching around and in most instances the "unable to render" error seems to be connected to some kind of failed install. In most occassions it seems to be solved by re-downloading the installation package and reinstalling.

There are a number of ways you can download the installation package from Daz including Dim or Manual download, have you tried both?

Make sure when reinstalling or deleting DS that you do so from a clean boot also. As DS has a few components that take a while to finish after you quit DS, and may be still running in the background even after a bit of time has passed.

You may need to raise a ticket with Daz if installation continues to fail in this way.

tparo ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2019 at 8:52 AM

Also make sure you don't have DS open when installing/updating.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2019 at 3:31 PM
Site Admin

OK, reinstalling with the DIM seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks, Razor, for the suggestion.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Can I read notes?  Hell, there ain't no notes to a banjo. You just play it.

(Anonymous banjo player c. 1850 when asked if he could read music)

Razor42 ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2019 at 7:09 PM

Great news!

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Wed, 04 December 2019 at 9:51 AM

Rendering in IRAY with no GPU support and 8 gigs of system RAM? You're a braver man than I am Gunga Din.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.