Sat, Jun 15, 7:03 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 14 3:49 pm)

Subject: P11- JCM creation - V4 - Dial Value Morph Activation Help

Morkonan ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2019 at 4:43 PM ยท edited Fri, 14 June 2024 at 7:02 AM

It has been a very long time...

Anyway, I created a morph intended to be a JCM for a V4 figure. But, it's is compensating for another JCM morph and the intent there is that it activates at a certain dial value that is non-zero and reaches its full value at -1 dial setting. To sum:

Dial goes from 0 to -45 with no JCM activation of this Morph (OR, the morph itself has no v change in evidence until the dial reaches -45.) Then, when the dial reaches -100 and above, the morph is at 1 at that -100 dial reading. At dial values between -45 and -100, the morph responds accordingly and its value is increased per Poser's calcs.

The latter is easy to control using the Setting limits. No problem as I can easily set the limit to 1.

The problem is I can't remember how to get the morph to only start activating at a dial setting of -45, so it then begins its climb to 1 as the dial moves from -45 to -100... I have done it before, years ago, but... my aged brain is drawing a blank. (Aggravating - I already have figures/morphs that do this but I can't reverse-engineer out what the heck I did to make it so. ) ) Setting restriction limits for the morph ("Settings menu) doesn't work as P11 seems to just accept one value as the end-point range and everything is computed relative from that set dial value being a "1" activation value for that morph,

Wat do? What am I forgetting, here?

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2019 at 7:29 PM

I wish I could be of some help, and I am only replying because no on else has yet... I only have ever rigged and messed with weight mapping. I don't touch JCM's. Sorry.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Allstereo ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2019 at 8:29 PM

Hello,

With the Poser dependent parameter option, it is simple to set the JCM that you want. See my tutorial of this matter at:

Tutorial on Poser dependent parameter: Part one

Allstereo

an0malaus ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2019 at 9:04 PM

Not to take anything away from @Allstereo's tutorial, which is a very useful reference, the way this had to be done in much earlier versions of Poser, prior to the valueOpKey method involved limits and was quite complicated. That may be what you are remembering from long ago. Since you've stated Poser 11, which has the Dependent Parameters Editor, valueOpKey dependencies are exactly what you need for delayed morph activation, since the valueKeys for the 0 at -45 and 1 at -100 are the only additional pieces of information required other than the source parameter. If you decide that you need something other than linear interpolation between the endpoints, you can insert additional key values between them.

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

Morkonan ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2019 at 6:31 PM

an0malaus posted at 6:25PM Wed, 17 July 2019 - #4357193

Not to take anything away from @Allstereo's tutorial, which is a very useful reference, the way this had to be done in much earlier versions of Poser, prior to the valueOpKey method involved limits and was quite complicated. That may be what you are remembering from long ago. Since you've stated Poser 11, which has the Dependent Parameters Editor, valueOpKey dependencies are exactly what you need for delayed morph activation, since the valueKeys for the 0 at -45 and 1 at -100 are the only additional pieces of information required other than the source parameter. If you decide that you need something other than linear interpolation between the endpoints, you can insert additional key values between them.

I could have sworn I achieved the same thing through simpler means in P11, rather than valueops. But, if that's what I gotta do, so be it. Since the morph works exceedingly well in simple linear at values starting at -45 to -100, it should be a simple range input. I'm not at my craptastic soon-to-be-brick Poser computer atm, though.

What would I input in the parameters editor window? I don't recall ever messing with it, so am far from fluent there. (That being said, I could have spoken with zombie elephant about socioe-conomics philosophy yesterday and would have likely forgotten it about now... :) )

(PS - I'll check the old PP11 manual, but it often seems to me that it uses some examples that are just not very intuitive or useful, making them harder to translate into "Real Life Work." :) )

Meh, can't multiquote... Anyway, thanks to rokket for visiting me in the desert, even though they didn't have any water to share... :) And, Allstereo, thanks. I'll look into it when I have some time.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.