Mon, Jun 3, 5:32 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 02 9:34 pm)

Subject: looking for recommended books...

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sun, 01 October 2017 at 7:24 AM ยท edited Sun, 03 December 2023 at 2:12 AM

ok I'm gradually getting back into Modelling and soon Poser/Daz studio (I'm lucky, the content I create is easy to move to both apps at once, since I create architecture mainly, so I don't need more than basic rigging which is easy to both apps... )

so. in this, I thought I'd look at my Tech Library.

so far I have:

• Complete Run of 3DCreative (great tutorials, shame the mag is now defunct)
  • Secrets of fig creation in Poser 5 (still the best by the looks of it.)
  • 3D modelling in Silo
  • 3D Graphics and Animation by Giambruno (admittedly ancient, but the basics of modelling havent changed....)

so. can anyone suggest books to look out for ? (videos are ok, but it's harder to follow them and model at the same time....)

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 02 October 2017 at 6:21 AM

What modeling programs are you using? I have some ideas for books, but they would be useless if you don't use the basic program.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Mon, 02 October 2017 at 7:11 AM

Atm, silo, hexagon, curvy 3d and my main app, Sketchup.

But any books are welcome. It's easy to adapt techniques

FrankT ( ) posted Mon, 02 October 2017 at 2:04 PM

Digital Lighting and Rendering by Jeremy Birn. Tons of useful info in there

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Mon, 02 October 2017 at 2:33 PM

Thanks Frank, exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for.. Found a copy on eBay for 6 quid :)

Xartis ( ) posted Sun, 08 October 2017 at 4:30 AM

Secrets of Poser Experts / ISBN-10: 1-59863-263-9 & ISBN-13: 978-1-59863-263-7 by Daryl Wise and Jesse DeRooy Practical Poser ISBN-1-58450-478-1 by Denise Tyler.

We may be in different worlds but these two are my favourites.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.