Mon, Jun 3, 4:29 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 02 9:34 pm)

Subject: What Determines a Mirrors Reflective Sharpness?

putrdude ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2016 at 2:28 PM ยท edited Fri, 29 March 2024 at 3:13 PM

I have a mirror, working fine. Just seems a little soft and lighter...if that makes any sense. my reflect settings are: Background DarkGray Quality 0.2 Softness 0.0 Ray Bias: 1.0 Reflection Value: 5.0 Reflection_Color: WHITE

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2016 at 2:58 PM

Increase the quality and decrease any Diffuse_Color you may have in there.

I tend to use quality at 1.0 on all reflective surfaces, even if they use softness, since it seems to make the reflection look more realistic, rather than full of odd artefacts.

Reflection value of 5.0 seems excessive, since it's 5 times more reflective than the most reflective surface in the universe, ever. BB will tell you there's no such thing as a perfect mirror, so bearing that in mind, I'd take that down to 0.98. Maybe set Background to Black, too.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

putrdude ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2016 at 3:45 PM

Thank you!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2016 at 4:15 PM

YW

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Xartis ( ) posted Tue, 04 October 2016 at 3:15 AM

Rendo Freebie from Richabri for Bunny Set. This terrific set contains a Mirror that in my humble opinion is the best reflector in the business. Hunt him down and check out the setting for the mirror. This is the ONLY reflector I use.

putrdude ( ) posted Wed, 05 October 2016 at 12:14 PM

Thank you so much.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.