Mon, Apr 29, 11:38 PM CDT

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 29 9:51 am)

Subject: how to correctly install daz IRAY

atpo ( ) posted Mon, 05 October 2015 at 8:55 PM ยท edited Sun, 28 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Was is it a third software so that sholud be bought? How to correctly install daz IRAY? Thanks.

LPR001 ( ) posted Mon, 05 October 2015 at 9:25 PM

Iray render engine is included for free with Daz Studio 4.8 atpo. You can buy extra lights presets and vendor shaders etc. But all the basics are included and installed with the Daz upgrade. Shaders can be found in the library and the render drop down preference (Wireframe, cartoon,texture shaded etc) the last one at the very bottom will give you the Iray preview. Which is best in the mini preview port and not the main preview work area unless you have plenty of ram.

- Johnny G

"Try animation to get things moving"

lpr001@renderosity.com

pepillo ( ) posted Mon, 05 October 2015 at 10:30 PM

hello as it is for the city to have daylight ?? say come ???? help

pepillo ( ) posted Mon, 05 October 2015 at 10:31 PM

where I buy this product ??? I give them a video help ,,, in you tube DAZ Studio Tutorial jegliche Skydomes auch mit IRAY rendern GERMAN

LPR001 ( ) posted Mon, 05 October 2015 at 11:06 PM

Hi pepillo I do not fully understand your question but if you are using Iray then you can set domes up in the render settings tab. There are also some products available that are compatible with Iray, If you use a skydome that would have worked for example using 3Delight the previous Daz render platform then you will probably find a black screen since Iray works differently and you would be blocking out the light. Chrissie is showing you how to alter the original skydomes to be able to use them. You probably already have a dome? If not look in the Rendo free products or marketplace. Select entire scene and apply the Iray Uber Defaults The most improtant part of this is the Draw dome and Finite box settings. The rest is just personal adjustment preferences light etc.

- Johnny G

lpr001@renderosity.com

pepillo ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2015 at 12:41 PM

hello yohnny if that was my question thanks , I will investigate more

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2015 at 2:26 PM

LPR001 posted at 2:24PM Tue, 06 October 2015 - #4232464

Iray render engine is included for free with Daz Studio 4.8 atpo. You can buy extra lights presets and vendor shaders etc. But all the basics are included and installed with the Daz upgrade. Shaders can be found in the library and the render drop down preference (Wireframe, cartoon,texture shaded etc) the last one at the very bottom will give you the Iray preview. Which is best in the mini preview port and not the main preview work area unless you have plenty of ram.

There are also some shader presets in the default Lights and shaders package, and materials for the base figures in their Starter Essentials packages. All of those were updated for DAZ Studio 4.8 so redownload and reinstall them if you haven't already done so.

atpo ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2015 at 8:08 PM

Thanks a lot. But MR. LPR, Daz Studio 4.8 atpo is a new version ?When does it realised?No info on DAZ web. Cat,pepillo,maybe you know where can get Daz Studio 4.8 atpo:)

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2015 at 8:19 PM

If you use DIM (DAZ Install Manager), the newer version and all updates will automatically appear under the download tab. This is the link for manual installation but you must be logged in:

http://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files/prod/13176/

pepillo ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2015 at 9:51 PM

hello as I can run v4 hair female in Genesis 2 ??

pepillo ( ) posted Wed, 07 October 2015 at 12:23 PM

hello as I can run v4 hair female in Genesis 2 ??

embrace-hair-mega-pak-large.jpg

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 07 October 2015 at 2:32 PM ยท edited Wed, 07 October 2015 at 2:34 PM

Yes, those hairs (and the figure they were made for) will work in DAZ Studio - though the materials may need adjusting, especially if you render in Iray. To use them on G2F you can either try AutoFit, if you have the Victoria 4 clone shape, or you can not fit them and simply parent them to the head (adjust scale and position to get them more or less right, then apply a Smoothing Modifier and set G2F as the collision target to tidy up).

atpo ( ) posted Wed, 07 October 2015 at 6:52 PM

thanks

LPR001 ( ) posted Wed, 07 October 2015 at 7:36 PM

Sorry atpo I thought you already had updated and was looking for the content and render engine. hborre has put you on the right path. Once you have updated it will all become clearer for you.as Iray will actually be there :-) In render settings tab at the top you will be able to choose between Iray or the 3Delight you would be using now plus any other engine like Luxus if you have it installed.

With Daz updates most will come directly to you via your DIM so in the first tab there is a little section that sits at top of your available downloads you will find any updates or DIM enabled content updates there. Just select items and start queue.and it does it all for you

- Johnny G

lpr001@renderosity.com

atpo ( ) posted Fri, 09 October 2015 at 7:56 PM

yes thanks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.