Tue, Apr 30, 12:19 AM CDT

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 09 3:53 pm)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: C8.5 update yet?

manleystanley ( ) posted Sat, 18 April 2015 at 12:39 PM · edited Tue, 16 April 2024 at 9:17 PM

Has DAZ updated C8.5 yet so it can use the G2F or newer genesis poses?

EddyMI ( ) posted Sat, 18 April 2015 at 1:08 PM

You think about this one: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/48629/ ?

Live Long and Prosper

manleystanley ( ) posted Sat, 18 April 2015 at 1:19 PM

That was back in November and broke more then it fixed. Certainly did not fix the pose issue.

Xerxes0002 ( ) posted Sat, 18 April 2015 at 11:20 PM

actually same thread, they simply updated the first posting when they came out with a new Beta, I think there have been 2 or 3 releases since the Nov one.  One was just at the end of march and I think another at the beginning of April. I don't think everything got added to the first posting.

• http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/798575/

Two major things in this update.

1. The parameters pane glitch is fixed. (Where the Pose Controls were hidden).

2. If you have your Genesis/Genesis 2 Male/Genesis 2 Female morphs for a figure in multiple mapped directories, they will all work now. (For example if you followed our recommended practices and had all your DAZ 3D purchased morphs, installed by Install Manager, in one directory, and had morphs you purchased from another store or created using Generation X in another directory, they will, now, all work.) Mil 4, for example Victoria 4, EXP morphs (which, to my knowledge, are only sold at DAZ 3D) are still all required to be in the same mapped Runtime, like in DS and Poser.

I did test the putting of a Genesis morph in another location and that worked. 

I Just loaded G2F and then chose a few Poses for her.  I haven't done much with Geneses yet.

in

headwax. ( ) posted Sun, 19 April 2015 at 1:54 AM

welcome back manstan

manleystanley ( ) posted Sun, 19 April 2015 at 9:23 AM

welcome back manstan

Not really. NFSW is shutting down; leave it to EA to throw the baby out with the dirty diaper. Going to be a while before the closed beta for world of speed; that I have been invited to.
I was playing around with C8.5 running in to the same issues that frustrated me to the point of giving up for a while, G2 and new genesis poses error out in carrara. And carrara still can't find textures on saves that autoload in Studio.

The biggest frustration for me though is everything I do looks like an add for what ever I started with. My renders look more like commercials then scenes.

The last thing I worked on was soft body strip hair, looked nice but ...

I'm always paranoid about downloading updates from DAZ, you never know what functionality they may break. ;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.