Fri, Jun 14, 4:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 09 8:15 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Free 3D Model: Witch Hat (Halloween)

LuxXeon ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2014 at 12:12 PM · edited Mon, 20 May 2024 at 8:39 PM

Attached Link: Witch Hat (OBJ Version)

file_507534.jpg

(click to enlarge)

3D model of a classic, soft Phrygian-style witch's hat.  It can be used as a standalone prop, or clothing prop for existing character models.  This model consists of 12,546 polygons and 12,618 vertices, and 100% quad topology. The model is UV Unwrapped, and comes with all the necessary texture maps for color (diffuse), specular (reflection), glossy (blurry reflection), and bump channels at 2048x2048 pixel resolution.  There are also special tangent normal maps for added render detail.  I recommend using the normal map for the skullband object especially. Custom seamless procedural materials will work fine on both sub-objects as well.

You are free to use or modify this model as you see fit, for your own rendering projects or scenes. As with all my freebies, the object can be used for both commercial and non-commercial renders. You may NOT, however, resell or redistribute the model or textures, or any derivative of them; individually, or as part of a package/set.

Click Here to download from Renderosity Freestuff.

Alternatively, you can also find and download this model from the following resource locations, including additional renders and wire-frame previews:
ShareCG.com
**Turbosquid.com

***** OBJ IMPORT INSTRUCTIONS: There are 3 different OBJ files associated with this model, and one MTL file, which defines the texture placement.  You will notice that two of the three OBJ files are labeled for use in specific software applications (Poser and Blender).  For best results, it's highly recommended that you import the correct file to the corresponding software application.

As always, if you have any issues with this product, or need assistance in any way, please feel free to contact me here, or at any of my other resource locations.  Enjoy!

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations
Instagram: @luxxeon3d
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luxxeon

byudragonbreath ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2014 at 12:16 PM

Looks great!  Thanks!

DragonBreath
http://byudragon.com

UVDan ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2014 at 12:45 PM
Forum Moderator

That looks great!  Thanks.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Alisa ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2014 at 12:57 PM

Cool - thank you :)

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

HMorton ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2014 at 3:33 PM

Wow!  Such high quality model and textures here. I'm going to download to see the topology, because I want to try making one of my own in Blender, based on yours.  Is that Okay to do?  I will not distribute it, just for learning.  Thanks! 

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2014 at 3:38 PM

thanks  bunches nice work

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2014 at 8:28 PM

This is the best witches hat model out there, Lux. Seriously.  Completely blows away the models of it's kind on Turbosquid, some of which I've seen going for $40 or more.  Awesome work, as always, bro.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2014 at 9:33 PM

This is great!  Thank you LuxXeon!

-AniMajik

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

LuxXeon ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2014 at 12:41 PM

Attached Link: Witch Hat (.MAX Version)

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.  Just a point of note; the native .max scene version of this freebie is now also available here on Rosity Freestuff.  Enjoy.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations
Instagram: @luxxeon3d
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luxxeon

zandar ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2014 at 1:01 PM

Merci!  A witch will be most of all happy!  Keep up working, I look for all your product of most high qualities!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.