Sun, Jun 2, 1:27 AM CDT

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 01 6:55 pm)

JMR dForce Jessie Jumpsuit G8F

$11.95 USD 30% Off
$8.37 USD

Nutters

$16.95 USD

Subject: Installing purchased product

Tmraider ( ) posted Thu, 22 May 2014 at 12:10 AM · edited Sun, 26 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

I went through all the forum topics, and could not find the right one to ask for help.  I have tried, and tried to get help and I am not getting any results.  I like Renderosity, and I want to purchase products but I am not happy because I can not get my purchased products to work properly in Daz studio.  I have a huge mess and it takes me hours to find product that I installed into DS.  It makes it a huge challenge, and it really discourages me from buying further products from Rendorsity.  I have written some of the vendors, asked for help and I am kind with no results.   On the rare ocassion that I do get my product working it is very cumbersome to utilize in DS.  That being said.  Can anyone please help me and walk me through the correct procedure of how to install product.  I download, I use winrar to open the file and export to my desktop.  Once I have the file on my desktop, I open up MY DAZ LIBRARY and drag and drop the folders into the Library.  .. This is fustrating, any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 22 May 2014 at 3:34 PM · edited Thu, 22 May 2014 at 3:35 PM

Are you on a PC or a Mac?

What do the instructions that come with the product say? Can you please copy/paste the readme.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Thu, 22 May 2014 at 11:39 PM

KimberlyC has moved this thread from the MarketPlace Showcase forum to the DAZ|Studio forum as of Thursday, May 22, 2014 11:39 pm.

manleystanley ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2014 at 7:40 AM · edited Fri, 23 May 2014 at 7:41 AM

I'd have to know how you are doing it to tell you what you are doing wrong, I mean youa ren't just unzipping the items to your My libarary folder are you? Or depending on DIM or CMS; which only work with DAZ content.

Seriously there is nothing to it but unzip, check the folder, cut and paste, done.

What you get here wont be in the cluster F file struckture of the Studio content folder, it will be in a runtime for Poser; unless other wise specified.

But with out more details I can't help.

As in what are you trying to install, where are you installing it to, which application is it for, how are you trying to install it.

Installing content is actually quite easy as long as you don't try to do it the easy. or automatic way.

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2014 at 1:40 PM

As others have mentioned, it is difficult to tell you what to do if we don't know what product you are trying to install, but here are some general guidelines:

(1) Nothing bought at Rendo is going to show up as smart content unless you create the entry in the content database for it yourself.  Frankly I find the smartcontent to be pretty much useless in finding anything anyway.  It will show up under your content libraries if it is installed correctly.

(2) Generally, unless it is specifically for Genesis or Genesis 2, it is going to show up under your poser library rather than your DAZ one, which means it should be installed under /My Library/runtime and not just /My Library/  This is intuitively obvious to anybody who started with DAZ 3 or earlier, and a lot murkier if you started with 4.5

(3) In addition (Thanks DAZ! cough) if you have been using DAZ since before the new content installer you have stuff in two different places - Everything installed pre-installer is going to be in your document root under documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library, while everything POST installer will be in /public documents/My DAZ 3D Library.  DAZ does allow you to put content in as many libraries as you want, as your content library grows you will understand why that is a good thing.

Anyway, what I do, is unzip all the contents to a scratch directory.  There will either be a My Library folder or a runtime folder (sometimes both), or the folders /data and /people.  In the case of the My Library folder, go into it and copy everything into which of the two locations you have your library in.  In the case of everything else, just copy the existing folders into your library.

FlagonsWorkshop ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2014 at 1:54 PM

Hmmm... I want to add, for most files, you can move them whereever you want that makes sense inside the six main directories of your poser library (Camera, Lights, Hands, Character, Pose, Props).  For example, if you want to put your clothing textures with the clothes themselves you can do that, just move the folder.  Also you can make any subfolders you want, so if you want to group all the clothes together for example, make a subfolder called "clothes" under Character, and put all the desired folders in it.  I also subdivide further under clothes by model (V4, M4, M3, etc), and further under that by clothing type.

The only folders you CANNOT move anything in without breaking things immediatly are /textures and /geometry under /runtime, and /data under MyLibrary.  Don't touch those.  As always, making a backup before you make changes is highly recommended.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.