Sat, Jun 1, 5:39 AM CDT

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 26 7:46 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Free Diamond Heart (Cathedral) Ring

LuxXeon ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2014 at 2:49 AM · edited Sun, 12 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Attached Link: Diamond Heart Ring (OBJ Version)

file_504447.jpg

This model of a heart-shaped diamond cathedral engagement ring, with accent gemstones, and unique prong setting, was designed by request for a friend on DeviantArt. The model consists of 9,602 polygons, and 9,592 vertices. There are no textures with the model, but all the parts have been UV unwrapped, and work well with any procedural material. I strongly recommend using physically accurate diamond or gemstone materials, and metals.

Included in this download are three different OBJ versions (native .max version will be pending approval), scaled specifically for import in particular software applications. Please refer to the import instructions at the bottom of the included README.TXT file for recommended import instructions and guidance.***

In addition to Freestuff here on Renderosity, you can also find and download the model at the following resource website locations; including more preview production renders, and wireframe renders of the topology:

Turbosquid.com
ShareCG.com

You are free to use or modify this model as you see fit for your own projects or scenes. As with all my freebies, this model can be used for both commercial and non-commercial renders. You may NOT, however, resell or redistribute these models or textures, or any derivative of them; individually, or as part of a package/set.

As always, I stand behind the quality of my work, so if you have any questions or need help in any way regarding the use of this model, or any model in my freebies, please don't hesitate to contact me here, or via email. 

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations
Instagram: @luxxeon3d
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luxxeon

byudragonbreath ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2014 at 4:45 AM

Very pretty!  Thank you

DragonBreath
http://byudragon.com

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2014 at 3:31 PM

is great-looking ring! 

ThunderStone ( ) posted Thu, 22 May 2014 at 12:21 PM

file_504483.jpg

Here's a close up version of the ring as rendered in LuxRender plug-in in Poser Pro 2014 framed.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

UVDan ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2014 at 12:30 PM
Forum Moderator

Awesome!!

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2014 at 3:45 PM

file_504527.jpg

This is a great model.  Here's my render of it, using all the bells n whistles in Vray 3.0.  I'm using the obj version, but just downloaded the max version too.

Lux, I have a question regarding commercial usage of this model.  Would you prefer I email you, or send you a private message here?

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

LuxXeon ( ) posted Mon, 26 May 2014 at 10:40 AM · edited Mon, 26 May 2014 at 10:40 AM

Hi, everyone! It's been recently brought to my attention that there was a minor issue with importing theDiamond Heart Ring OBJ file into the Daz-Studio software application.  This only affects users of Daz-Studio, and not any other 3d applications that I am aware of.

Daz-Studio, for whatever reason, reads the "d" transparency definition of an OBJ file differently than most others.  It seems to interpret a value of 1.0 to mean full transparency, and imports the object as an invisible model.  It is still present in the scene tab, but you need to go into your surfaces tab and increase the opacity value parameter all the way to 100 to see the object in the viewport.  Normally, I correct this issue by simply removing the "d" parameter definition from the .mtl file before packaging my freebies for redistribution.  However, I forgot to do so this time upon releasing the Diamond Heart Ring OBJ version, so some users of Daz-Studio were confused as to why they couldn't see the object they just imported in their scenes.

I have since corrected the problem, and uploaded a fixed version of the OBJ file to the download area, so anyone who downloads the zip file going forward doesn't have to worry about running into this with Daz-Studio.  If you already downloaded the file, you can either re-download it again, and overwrite the old one, or you can simply be aware of this issue, and manually adjust the opacity surface parameter of the imported model of  the version you already have.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused users of Daz-Studio, and I'll be sure not to release another model without editing the .mtl to account for the way the application handles opacity.  Thank you!

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations

luckybears ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2014 at 5:03 PM

This is a first class piece of work. Well done and thankk you :)

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2014 at 12:12 AM

Quote - This is a first class piece of work. Well done and thankk you :)

I agree.  So much fun to play around with in a render, and perfect for testing results of various render engines.  Only downside I see is that under very extreme closeups, the smoothness of the ring begins to get edgy.  It could have used another iteration of subdivision so that we could get clean "product shots" with it.  I'm not complaining though, the model is exquisite for most uses!

Here's yet another shot I did of it using Vray, and Vray materials.  Thanks again, lux!

diamond ring

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

LuxXeon ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2014 at 8:39 PM · edited Thu, 19 June 2014 at 8:40 PM

Quote - Here's yet another shot I did of it using Vray, and Vray materials.  Thanks again, lux! diamond ring

Very impressive render!  Thank you for posting it, and glad you found some use in this model.

PS:  Using the Max native scene file, which I am assuming you are using, you can select only the ring "shank", and subdivide that by itself, which should provide the level of smoothing you are looking for.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2014 at 12:25 PM

BB did good render of this in snarly's EZMat thread (poserforum).  use 3 levels of subD when rendering in PP2014.  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.