Mon, Jun 17, 2:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 16 8:21 pm)

Subject: So how DO you make soft body collissions with bullet dynamics?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 5:28 AM · edited Fri, 29 March 2024 at 7:15 PM

After my little mishap with the melting/exploding V4 I'm kinda stumped. Because I can't for the life of me figure out how to actually do what I tried to do - to let her two megs cross and have a softbody effect where they touch.

IS that even possible? and if so, how in the world is it set up? some parts should be constrained and some whould not.. but how do I tell Poser what to leave stiff and what not. As far as I can see, it is either or. Either all of V4 is made of hard plastic, or she's all going to melt...

Has anyone done this? And will you then please tell me how?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 5:56 AM

Off the top of my head.

With figure at zero spawn props for each leg part.
Parent props to underlying body part. Allow bending.
Run simulation calculating interaction between the props.

Note that props will not weld to adjacent props so that may be an issue.

Possibly export out prop deformations and use as morph targets for the body parts.

Interesting problem, still thinking about it.

ghosty12 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:41 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:43 AM

Attached Link: vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNQlMFTS36k&list=PL942DE718B7149188&index=41

If you look at the above link it is a webinar with Steve Cooper and Charles "Nerd3D" Taylor as they talk about Bullet Physics and how to use it.  There is probably a more indepth one somewhere but this one might help.

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:45 AM

Phil, I was thinking of some invisible "hard" bit to use as the collider. Something like what you describe there. Haven't tried it yet.

Ghosty, I'll take a look at the video :) Thanks!

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 9:38 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 9:39 AM

Hah! the video did the trick! I got the general idea now :D

It looked a little more pronounced in the Live simulation (which puzzles me.. shouldn't it look the same as the calculated?) but here I made poor Simon's jowls and cheeks dynamic. I think it looks rather funny .. hope it's at least somewhat visible here

PoserSoft1

(please let the gif load, it's just under 3Mb)

(PS he says: Poser? That crappy program that can't do diddly squat? I hate it!)

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 9:50 AM

file_496389.jpg

[ http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2853337&page=3#message_3963618](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2853337&page=3#message_3963618)

Or try the trick I used here with a magnet.
The breasts deform automatically as she touches the wall.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 10:10 AM

Quote - http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2853337&page=3#message_3963618

Or try the trick I used here with a magnet.
The breasts deform automatically as she touches the wall.

Yes that would be the pre-PP2014 way to do something like that. I'd still say good luck getting cheeks to jiggle in speed with the speech and head animations with a magnet. I'm sure it could be done... but not by me, that's for sure L This way, Poser does it all automagically.

Besides, what's the fun of having new features if you keep doing stuff the oldfashioned way? Not that there's anything inherently wrong with "old fashioned" - it's just.. then why upgrade at all?

(granted I didn't upgrade BECAUSE of bullet physics, because up until a few days ago, I had no idea of what it WAS - I upgraded because of .. "oooh new and shiny" - and the improved morphing brush)

JAFO ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 2:18 PM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 2:31 PM

Quote - Possibly export out prop deformations and use as morph targets for the body parts.

Interesting problem, still thinking about it.

Hey Phil,

I have tried spawning MT's for objects having deformations resulting from Bullit dynamics (both through 'spawn morph" and by exporting MT) and neither method contain's the deformation from dynamics. Is there some kind of displacement trick going on with the dynamics where there are no actual deformations occurring? Baffles me.

EDIT: on another note I also tried using the 'fit' edit tool's to copy the dynamic changes and the tool doesnt 'see' the deformations either. It 'fits' to the original shape.

Y'all have a great day.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 4:45 PM
Site Admin

There is a script that bakes in dynamics, maybe then it can be made into a morph. I don't know I've never tried. Never used the bullit dynamics either.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2839086&page=3#message_3861962

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

JAFO ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 5:45 PM

RedPhantom, Cage's bake script was the first thing i tried, no joy. :(... I had this idea of using internal pressure to create some spectacular orbs or  bodacious booties, it looks great in dynamic form but wont export or 'lock in' for further use....Pitty. As with the hair dynamics I find Bullit dynamics to be a tad hyperactive and cartoonish and not compatable with real world physics. perhaps its just my lack of experience but struggling for good results is enough to piss-off the pope,  its a step in the right direction though. :)

BTW: LTNS. Hope all is well in the Phantom Zone.

Y'all have a great day.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:15 PM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:16 PM
Site Admin

Did you actually get dynamic hair to collide with anything beside what it is grown on? I mean with the bullit draping?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Cage ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:34 PM

I've lost the link and Rosity search functions kind of scare me, but there was a thread shortly after SR 1 came out in which Nerd established that morphs cannot currently be spawned from Bullet dynamics.  IIRC, "Spawn morph target", export as morph target, and morph creation via Python were all ruled out.  For some reason, the deformations don't seem to be fully "hooked into" Poser.  They are there, but we can't get to them.  :sad:  At the end of the thread, colorcurvature mused that morphs might be able to be spawned if Bullet real time simulation is deactivated, but I don't think anyone tested that after he suggested it.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 10:39 AM

But you must deactivate live simulation in order to calculate the real thing. Until calculated, the dynamics doesn't even save with scene (as I found out -the hard way...)

So surely an attempt to save the simulation as a morph has been tried by now. On a finished, calculated scene?

Not at home right now, so I can't test it.

JAFO ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2013 at 11:41 AM

"So surely an attempt to save the simulation as a morph has been tried by now. On a finished, calculated scene?"

Yes, I'm working with calculated scenes (live dynamics bare no resemblance to calculated dynamics) and they still wont export I'm sure the guys at SM are working on this and its only a matter of time before a solution is found....

Y'all have a great day.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.