Mon, Jun 3, 5:02 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 02 9:34 pm)

Subject: 2o13 cybermen head upgrade?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2013 at 10:00 PM

They look great!

@ DMD - I'd have thought the Millennium Cat would have been the first candidate for a fit.  :D  

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

DeathMetalDesk ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 4:02 AM

Was actually thinking the Millenium baby! but no. Apollo, M3, V4, and M4 at default (crossing fingers with M4 as I had to use a proxy). Additionally there's 3 fix morphs for the neck just in case (scale x,y,z), a femborg morph, and 2 expression morphs just for fun (++good and ++ungood). The expression morphs can be mixed and matched at positive and negative values to achieve various results. I've also done a lot of testing on the morphs and set up pretty flexible limits.

Oh yeah, I also spent some time refining the materials and the prop now references an external .obj in geometries rather than having it embedded within the .pp2.

just a little thumbnail work and an intelligible ReadMe and I'll zip it up... probably late tomorrow night after work I'll submit it.

Redfern ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 6:23 AM

Various figure fitting morphs?

A "feminine" morph?

Expression morphs?!

Now you're just showing off!!!

(But in a great way!)  ;-)

Sincerely,

Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

Redfern ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 5:48 PM · edited Wed, 26 June 2013 at 5:52 PM

Well, I see Aremis2000 has at least read my questions about the Armour Z set just after 12 last night.

All we can do now is wait for a possible reply.

BTW, Bluto, yeah, I know about that newest IronMan suit; I downloaded it myself.  But something about Zikeo's spin looks a tad closer to "Nightmare in Silver" Cyber "shell".  I think it's that vague "X" shape within the chest plate that resembles the newest Cyber design.

Hmm, I think I'll download Zikeo's DS version anyway just in case he included .OBJ files with the package.

Sincerely,

Bill

Follow-up:  Nope, it's all native DS data.  Looks like we'll need to get a response from Aremis.

DeathMetalDesk ( ) posted Thu, 27 June 2013 at 5:03 AM

Prop uploaded and awaiting approval...

android65mar ( ) posted Thu, 27 June 2013 at 4:47 PM

Great work on the new cyber head. Now what about the 2013 Cyber body?

DeathMetalDesk ( ) posted Thu, 27 June 2013 at 6:59 PM

"Great work on the new cyber head. Now what about the 2013 Cyber body?"

Well, he only asked for the head. If he had asked for the whole lot I would have likely passed as I'm really busy with real world stuff and other projects. Have to admit that I've started planning a cybermat figure, though. As far as the CyberBody, I'm sure folks will come up with some clever solutions... additionally, by utilizing transparency on the different parts the prop could be used for things other than Doctor Who related.

Anyway, I hope you find it useful Bluto. If you have any problems or questions just message me... Back to lurking.

Redfern ( ) posted Thu, 27 June 2013 at 7:17 PM

file_495639.jpg

Puttering around this evening, I used your wondeful helmet to create my "own" Cyberman motif employing some "stop gap" pieces I originally used while Richard Marklew modeled an "EarthShock" styled chest unit.

Since the "Nightmare in Silver" helmet harkens to the smoother helmets of the Troughton era, I opted to make the chest unit a bit bulkier as was the "norm" during Pat's years on the show.  But it also has a bit of a "yoke" that was the hallmark of the 80s design debuted in "EarthShock".

Sincerely,

Bill

DeathMetalDesk ( ) posted Thu, 27 June 2013 at 9:12 PM

That's terrific, Bill! Therein lies the reward for the time spent making this prop... Seeing someone use it in a render in an inventive way.

AlDemps ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2013 at 2:25 AM

file_495647.jpg

Thank you for the new Cyber-Head.

Tried it with M3 & the Marauder armour.

DeathMetalDesk ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2013 at 10:45 AM

Very cool AlDemps! Glad to see someone using with M3, have to admit he was the most difficult fit to create due to the prominent adam's apple and modeling of the neck. The XYZ fixes should help with any posing intersections, although probably Cybermen don't do alot of rubbernecking. :)

android65mar ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2013 at 3:32 PM

Fantastic work. I'll have to get this head and start experimenting!!!

android65mar ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2013 at 3:33 PM

Quote - Thank you for the new Cyber-Head.

Tried it with M3 & the Marauder armour.

That is a pretty cool combination

Redfern ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2013 at 7:50 PM

file_495679.jpg

Here's the helmet used with the IronMan armor Bluto had suggested.

Pretty close to the "Nightmare in Silver" design I'll admit.

Sincerely,

Bill

DeathMetalDesk ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2013 at 8:03 PM

Except for the chest decoration it is pretty close. Wonder whatever became of Bluto? He seemed pretty anxious and now... not a peep. Still curious to know if this thing fits M4, also.

Redfern ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2013 at 8:11 PM

So far, he's depicted a literal "chorus line" of Cybermen with them...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/365038/

The render isn't quite big enough to determine what he used to depict the body armor.

Yeah, it is a bit odd he hasn't posted here.

Sincerely,

Bill

DeathMetalDesk ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2013 at 8:30 PM

Ummm, not quite what I expected but pretty hilarious nonetheless (coupled with the caption). Of course I'm not going to be one of those ego-maniacal freebie/content makers that expects a "thanks dude" for a custom model job. The Poserverse can be a harsh mistress and it's just a wee little mask in an ocean of awesome freebies. ;)

bluto ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2013 at 8:40 PM

sorry bout that , ive been working nights . i would just like to thank you for your efforts on this project . i am as pleased as anyone can be with the outcome of your efforts . thank you very much

bill the body i used for the chorusline is one of xurges tech suits with a few extra props added

Redfern ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2013 at 8:42 PM

file_495680.jpg

Of course you told us of the morphs, but the way you layered the geometry and assigned the material zones makes this far more versatile than just a Cyberman helmet!

You really thought through this thing!

Sincerely,

Bill

DeathMetalDesk ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2013 at 9:12 PM

file_495681.jpg

Yeah, I was originally going to leave all of the groups intact nice and neat but decided to just make the thing all one group. I figured that any customization could be done via materials, transparency, or by creating a new group_add material_spawn props.

You're welcome Bluto!

DeathMetalDesk ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2013 at 9:38 PM

...Anyway, now that Bluto has his Cyberman head the prop is no longer available for DL. Hope everyone that managed to grab it gets some render usage out of it. back to work.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sun, 30 June 2013 at 6:20 AM

Quote - Of course you told us of the morphs, but the way you layered the geometry and assigned the material zones makes this far more versatile than just a Cyberman helmet!

You really thought through this thing!

Sincerely,

Bill

add goggles and a mouth grill and a Nazi uniform.... and you've got http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Ruprecht_Kroenen from Hellboy...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.