Tue, Apr 30, 1:09 AM CDT

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 15 10:05 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: creating voices for animations

mysticeagle ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 3:48 AM · edited Fri, 19 April 2024 at 9:23 PM

being pretty much a one man band, i find it incredibly difficult to get voices into my animations.

i've tried a few things. morphvox and att voices but nothing comes close to human tones that dont sound like a staccato computer generated voice.

Any sources or software you can recommend, freinds are pretty much out of the question, most of them think i'm mad for playing with poser, ds and animation in any event lol

OS: Windows7 64-bit Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)  6GB Ram
Poser: Poser Pro 2012 SR3.1 ...Poser 8.........Poser5 on a bad day........
Daz Studio Pro 4.5  64bit

Carrara beta 8.5

Modelling: Silo/Hexagon/Groboto V3
Image Editing: PSP V9/Irfanview
Movie Editing. Cyberlink power director/Windows live movie maker

"I live in an unfinished , poorly lit box, but we call it home"

My freestuff   

link via my artist page

Radar_Foxbat ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 10:31 AM

I'm always looking for good voice boxes I'm thinking I might contact the public high schools drama departments for some actors. put together a little demo work up a script and have them record the story like the big guys do.  I've had some success with voice changer by avsoft corp at audio4fun.com you can see some of what I've done on youtube channel "radarfoxbat" getting a pure human child voice or female voice is a bit difficult but the parody mixer will immitate anyones voice or combine voices.

If you talk to the Animals, they will talk with you. And you will know each other. If you do not talk to them, you will not know them. And what you do not know you will fear, What one fears One destroys." Chief Dan George-Tsleil-Waututh Nation Next time your scared by a bat remember 8 million have died from White Nose Syndrome 1 bat=5 lbs bugs/year=1-2 million mosquitoes/year 1 small bat house = 250-700 bats you do the math. West Nile Virus infected 5287 people killed 243 last year is your home protected? http://fewerr.org/Pictures/WNV_Bat_Mosquito_yellow%202.pdf

http://www.fewerr.org/PDF/bookfly1.pdf

happinesspost ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2012 at 9:49 PM

music in the animation plays an important role, and want to find and your animation matching music really is not an easy thing .but i choose animation in the process of music more like from life or natural found in early soothing sounds . 

Happy life can't apply colors to a drawing of the render farm

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2012 at 9:05 AM

A USB microphone and this software will go a long way. There are pitch changing effects in there, and with some careful annunciation and manipulating your own voice, you can get a wide range of voices from a small child to Darth Vader:

http://www.reaper.fm/

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Glen ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2012 at 10:48 AM

Rokket is onto a good thing here. I've found that the more I do silly impressions and accents, the better I become at them; like anything else, practice! I guess it doesn't help any if you're no good at adapting your voice like that, and not everyone is, or has the time to practise. Aside from manipulating your own voice yourself (doing impressions) or using voice actors/actresses, I'd think you would struggle. There are good packages out there for voice changing, but they're largely all the same (from what I've seen) and don't give all that great of a result, especially for quite drastic changes.

I'm running Win 10 Pro 32GB RAM Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

My DA Gallery: glen85.deviantart.com/gallery

Peace, love and polygons!

FRDungeonMaster ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2012 at 9:51 AM

I use diamond software voice changer software.  It takes some playing around with but I have achieved good results from it

UVDan ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2013 at 1:45 AM · edited Sun, 13 January 2013 at 1:46 AM
Forum Moderator

I agree with charly_hayze.  Also when company comes over, have the mixer, mics, and scripts ready and don't let anyone leave without laying down some tracks.  I think most people get a kick out of recording and hamming it up at the mic.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

poisinivy ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2013 at 8:17 AM · edited Sun, 13 January 2013 at 8:22 AM

Try Audcity . http://www.sonicdownloads.net/download/Audio/Audacity/?f=inCAk0Xte&a=7378&adid=742700073

its free, it has a voice pitch changer and other effectd you can do with voices and sound. like echo and  bass. so you can use your own voice in videos and manipulate the the pitch. Thats what I use instead of  robot voice or electronic.sounds  to me it sounds much better, those electronic voices sound so phoney..

when I can and  i get a chance i try to use Kids to do the voices overs .. for some reason kids voices always sound better for characters. so when i need kids i call my teacher friend at the high school and she'll ask the kids for me in her class if anyone wants to do characters voices .. never a shortage of kids wanting to do cartooon voices. and now thats I have used kids from the high school  a few times  I also don't have a shortage of volenteers anymore when i need characters voices. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.