Mon, Jun 3, 6:03 AM CDT

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 02 12:05 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Yet another free Dalek (or two) for Poser

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 22 June 2012 at 8:59 AM · edited Thu, 30 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

file_482876.jpg

Here's my latest offering coming soon to your Runtime.  The models feature Geometry Switching for the neck and gunboxes, so both variations are available to each model type.  I may yet have the skirt section switched to incorporate all the features into one Cr2.

There will also be sucker equipped versions for the traditionalists and, as before, a fully detailed underside smart prop.

Just for the record, these chaps are called STLB2 and STLB3.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

davepriceless ( ) posted Sat, 23 June 2012 at 4:26 AM

Wow! These look great Sam.

By the way, sad news for Doctor Who fans this week with the death of Coroline John isn't it, what a lovely actress.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 1:38 PM

Yep, Dave, a sad loss.

The new models are now uploaded, pending approval. 

My Store

My Gallery

Redfern ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2012 at 12:32 PM

And since early this morning, they have been available.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=68747

Say, in one of these various Dalek threads, did I correctly read that you're considering uniquely styled TARDIS consoles?

Sincerely,

Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

AlDemps ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2012 at 1:05 PM

file_483008.jpg

Thanks for the new Daleks.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2012 at 1:20 PM

@ Bill - I can't remember but it's a possibility.

@ Al  - You're welcome and that's an excellent pic. 

My Store

My Gallery

Cage ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2012 at 2:54 PM · edited Mon, 25 June 2012 at 2:56 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_483010.jpg

Erm... I was using Zoe to make some modifications to Antonia-WM already, and she really did leave her clothes in the other .pz3 file....  :unsure:

Loving all the Daleks, SamTherapy.  You are the Poser Dalek King!

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Redfern ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2012 at 3:58 PM

I didn't think anything could top Zoe's catsuited crawl atop the TARDIS console, but you've achieved the near impossible.

A bit more seriously, that really IS a convincing likeness of her face.  How'd you do it?

Sincerely,

Bill

Cage ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2012 at 4:12 PM

Quote - A bit more seriously, that really IS a convincing likeness of her face.  How'd you do it?

Magnets, mostly.  Magnets, and loads and loads of cursing.  :lol:

It's been a WIP since I began using Antonia, in early 2010.  A slow process, full of seemingly endless revisions.  And cursing.

It sort of seems to me like I may have ripped off my gag for the above image from Coupling.  :unsure:  We need a Poser Jeff Murdock.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Cage ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2012 at 7:13 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_483016.jpg

I decided that if you have a nude and a Dalek in a picture, some reference to... that photo shoot, you know... should be established.  :unsure:

Redfern ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2012 at 1:52 AM

Absolutely spot on with the pose!  I faresay we've both extensively studied those famous (infamous) Katy Manning snapshots. :biggrin:

Funny, during the 80s, those images were akmost the stuff of legend.  I had read about them, but never saw proof...until one particular coffee table retrospective about the series (can't remember which one) published a full page print.  Nowadays, they're just a Google search away. 😉

Sincerely,

Bill

AlDemps ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2012 at 2:07 AM

file_483035.jpg

Ah yes.. that photoshoot...

Ninja-G33k ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2012 at 10:33 AM

Quote - Ah yes.. that photoshoot...

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2012 at 11:07 AM

Cage - That Zoe likeness is incredible.  I hope you make it available.   I can't use WM Antonia, unfortunately but if there's any way to make that likeness work with the vanilla Antonia, I would really like to get me hands on it.

Also, thanks for the kind words but I think the accolade "Poser Dalek King" belongs to Mechmaster.  

Al - :lol: 

My Store

My Gallery

Redfern ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2012 at 12:25 PM

Well, it would be a bit awkward and misleading to the crowned the "Poser Dalek Queen".

Sincerely,

Bill

Cage ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2012 at 12:42 PM · edited Tue, 26 June 2012 at 12:43 PM

Quote - Cage - That Zoe likeness is incredible.  I hope you make it available.   I can't use WM Antonia, unfortunately but if there's any way to make that likeness work with the vanilla Antonia, I would really like to get me hands on it.

Can you load .pmd morph injections?  Would you want the hair, as well (two versions, both of them inexpert models with idiosyncratic material handling...)? 

Depending on what you'd want, I might even be able to upload the files to this thread, or another.  The core of the character is a face morph, lashes morph, and a morph to enlarge the upper incisors slightly.  But the overall resemblance (such as it is) may or may not rely on specific face and eyelash texturing, as well as the hair.  Y'see, character morphs take a hellishly long time for me because I have a rather hard time recognizing what makes a resemblance work.  Which means I keep breaking it and having to backtrack to fix things.  :lol:

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2012 at 2:09 PM

@ Bill - I'd make the world's worst queen, drag or otherwise.  :)  I very much doubt I could be called a Dalek King/President/Prime Minister or whatever, since there are thousands of incredibly talented modellers who can blow my efforts clean out of the water.  If it wasn't for Mechmaster and billy-home I'd never have even started.  

I am, however, always pleased to see my models being used and it's always nice to receive compliments. 

@ Cage - I guess I can load .pmd injections.  Poser 6 can handle 'em but I disabled the "Binary Morph Targets" option a long time ago.  If that's what's needed, I'll re-enable it then resave the character.  Yes, the hair would be great, too.  If you could let me know what texture to use and where to get it, that would be a big help also.

My Store

My Gallery

Cage ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2012 at 2:21 PM

Quote - I guess I can load .pmd injections.  Poser 6 can handle 'em but I disabled the "Binary Morph Targets" option a long time ago.  If that's what's needed, I'll re-enable it then resave the character.  Yes, the hair would be great, too.  If you could let me know what texture to use and where to get it, that would be a big help also.

Don't re-enable binary morph targets!  :scared:  Indications are that they're still all SNAFUBAR.  You can load .pmd morph injections without enabling them, as long as you have P6+.

The eyebrow texture is particularly important, actually.  I used one of the Free Site eyebrow textures, and eyebrow placement and orientation can vary widely on Antonia textures.  Eyebrow placement is very important for any facial resemblance, and I've positioned the textured brows using morphs.  So use the wrong texture and things may look weird.

I'll have to see what I can get together which will have file sizes small enough for Rosity upload.  I don't like to use the free upload sites because things get lost there and/or aren't easy to update.  And I don't have access to my website at present.  E-mail may actually be necessary for full file transfers, but I'll see how much I can make generally available here, first.

Also, so to have taken your thread on a tangent.  😊

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2012 at 2:31 PM

Many thanks, Cage.

Thread drift is inevitable in an open forum.  I really don't mind at all. 

My Store

My Gallery

Cage ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2012 at 4:06 PM

file_483083.txt

The attached contains a PMD injection for the Zoe Heriot face shape, eyelashes, and upper teeth.  This should work with any version of Antonia.  The .txt extension is added to enable file upload to 'Rosity.  Save the file as .zip.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2012 at 6:04 PM

Thanks!

My Store

My Gallery

Redfern ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2012 at 12:25 PM

I nabbed the data as well.

I'm always searching for Doctor Who stuff, be it Daleks, set pieces, or character morphs.

Sincerely,

Bill

UHF ( ) posted Wed, 27 June 2012 at 3:23 PM

Just wanted to toss this little piece of entertainment out there;

Dalek Relaxation For Humans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJSQFzw1pEE

jimros ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2012 at 12:22 AM · edited Fri, 27 July 2012 at 12:23 AM

Many thanks for these and all your other Daleks.

More sad Doctor Who news is that the lovely Mary Tamm,

the original Romana passed away recently

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2012 at 1:03 PM

Yep, very sad news.  RIP Ms Tamm.

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.