Mon, Jun 17, 5:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 16 11:34 am)

Subject: New Daz Improvements

jb11 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:21 AM

I'm locked out of the Daz site completely. It won't accept my password and the reset password mail never arrives. The 'contact' button just gets a 404 page so I've sent a message to Daz tech at the address they had before. Now hoping that works.

I know that changes are hard work. I have to manage such things on a site myself and there's plent of fire-fighting. However, unable to log in I'm completely in the dark.

Jane

westonmi ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:25 AM

Quote - I bought a GC for myself, when I bought the Dinette. Still haven't got the code for the GC. Tried emailing the sales address that came with the order confirmation, but that bounced.

waves at Risi  

Risika75 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:26 AM

Quote - waves at Risi  

waves back

fam0314 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:32 AM · edited Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:32 AM

Quote - I'm locked out of the Daz site completely.

I'm having the same problem.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:37 AM

This is what I am getting when I attempt to log in:

There has been an error processing your request

Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.

Error log record number: 399947795492

fam0314 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:40 AM · edited Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:40 AM

They must've pulled it down to do some updates. It the same in Firefox and IE.

chohole ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:42 AM

I get the little green goofy alien.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

BethQQQ ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:46 AM

Quote - I get the little green goofy alien.

That's what I just got -- yay!  They're working on it!

˙ʇɥƃıs ɟo ʇno ʇsnɾ `ɹoɹɹıɯ ǝɥʇ ɟo ǝpıs ɹǝɥʇO

TJaiman ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:47 AM · edited Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:49 AM

Huh, weird...

I (you guessed it) refreshed my long-ignored account page, which brought me to the login, of course... hit the button and it logged me in.

So I decided to do the definitive test. Logged out -  " {Site Down} " (The one with the grapic of the green, buck-toothed 3DU toon character).

Edit: I must type really slow...

Edit: The archived forum is still accessable, FWIW.

Kitana009 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:55 AM

I get the same Alien.. and I agree with BethQQQ!!!

IanzThingz ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 12:10 PM · edited Mon, 21 May 2012 at 12:10 PM

Quote -   The old forums are accessible, in Read Only Format.      http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/

Thank you so much, i had no idea that the address had changed, fortunately i dont have many book marks to change :)

Alisa ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 12:10 PM

I agree - I'd rather see the site down - I think it will result in far less freaking out by everyone while things are being worked on

😉

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

Skiriki ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 12:24 PM

Quote - The old forums are accessible, in Read Only Format.      http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/

Oh hey thanks. Now I can access the geo-graft tutorial and hammer out some stuff. I was looking for the forum archive but failed my Search roll...

I is mildly sad, though. My purchase (60s kitchen + Ren outfit) is still pending, even if the other purchase (Aidan + some 1.99 stuff) came through just fine. Not in a huge hurry, frankly, I got my hands full with other things, but it'd be nice. I have received confirmation mails, but then again, I run my own server and I have black- and whitelists out of wazoo. FYI: some have reported problems with installing downloaded content from the new store, I have been lucky, I s'pose, mine were perfectly intact.

Also, FYI: I found a cool feature from DS4.5! It has "Add push modifier" right below "Add smoothing modifier"! What it does? Well, apply it to, say, hair or clothes, and then you can manually jiggle the airspace between figure and clothes! AWESOME. So glad I managed to grab it before the site update.

All in all: I truly feel for DAZ Studio, knowing what kind of hell software changes can wreck; my own server upgrade resulted three sleepless nights, four days, and in the end, I solved it with money -- I bought a new NIC since I did not feel like retro-porting a NIC driver from an older system and fighting it some more, since 14 euros solved the problem. (By the way, it works much, much better now with the new NIC -- responses are notably faster. Eff you, NVidia, eff you and your embedded NICs.)

Now, hugs and kisses to everyone, users and DAZ people alike. This will get better. It may have a worse dip somewhere still, but it'll get better.

jb11 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:22 PM

Looks like the site is back now, but I'm still locked out. If they don't reply soon maybe I should create a new account and try to get help from there.

Jane

chohole ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 2:52 PM

HAve you tried closing your browser, emptying your cach and history and then rebooting your browser.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

barb ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:01 PM

A THOUGHT!

Maybe now is the time for all of us to actually use the software we've already purchased :D

Barb

Spit ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:22 PM

Quote - A THOUGHT!

Maybe now is the time for all of us to actually use the software we've already purchased :D

Barb

::waves to Barb::

Good idea. But I just closed DAZ4.5 after playing with instancing for a couple of hours. Need a break :)

SpottedKitty ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:26 PM

Quote - you are getting some sort of left over cookie show up is all,

Hmm, could this be the cause of the weird behaviour I was seeing? Whenever I clicked from one page to another — it apparently didn't matter which, whether inside or outside the account pages —

• I didn't know whether the new page would show me as logged in or not;
  • Whether or not I was logged in on the previous page;
  • The cart and wishlist count didn't change at the top of the page, even if I'd just come from adding or removing stuff from the cart or wishlist and seeing the item count and total price change properly;
  • I never knew whether or not the top page links for account, login or logout would show, even if I was clicking back and forth between the same two pages.

Some of this went away (or at least became consistent) if I did a hard refresh on every page, which seems to mesh with what someone said about a caching problem. Honestly, though, I don't think I've seen a site misbehave like this since before I switched from IE4 to the Firefox prerelease beta.

Lots more to say about things that IMHO need to be tweaked/changed/killed with fire, but that can wait until after we're all settled in on the new forums. Hopefully ess ooo ooo en...  :unsure:

jb11 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:29 PM

Hi Cho,

I've cleaned everything out, including all cookies. The problem started when the new site decided my password was too short and refused to let me in. I should be able to reset the password but the reset mail is not coming through.

I'm going through, adjusting filter settings on the mail account in case the reset mail is being mistaken for spam - I've had that before trying to register two different forums. As a back up I've created a new email address to register again and take things from there.

Jane

DaremoK3 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:29 PM

Hey RAM, access them how MJ_Vivianight (and chohole a couple posts down from my original) posted (but, you probably know this by now).

I have to second Skiriki's thoughts on version 4.5, and like him/her I was lucky (more like had the foresight) to grab all my downloads before the site went black.  And, thank you Skiriki for illustrating how that function works.  I will have to give it a play.

4.5 does have some interesting new additions, and the "Edit" menu now holds some interesting production tools I don't seem to have in 4 Pro.  Also, they have included "Darkside" UI by default (no need to istall).  I never installed it in 4 Pro, so it was nice to check it out.  I think I'll keep it set to Darkside.

Take care all...

Ken

chendaz3d ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:43 PM

So many issues and problems fix it first and I would love to see some constraints and ik/fk rigging on models too.

argel1200 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:56 PM · edited Mon, 21 May 2012 at 3:57 PM

If I was RMP, I think I would be putting Prime on sale and offering everyone a Content Withdrawal Coupon! ;)

deviantArt Gallery

chohole ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 4:04 PM

jb11said > Quote - Hi Cho,

I've cleaned everything out, including all cookies. The problem started when the new site decided my password was too short and refused to let me in. I should be able to reset the password but the reset mail is not coming through.

I'm going through, adjusting filter settings on the mail account in case the reset mail is being mistaken for spam - I've had that before trying to register two different forums. As a back up I've created a new email address to register again and take things from there.

Can you drop Daz_Ann an email at   aanderson@daz3d.com

jb11 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 4:12 PM

Thanks Cho,

I've sent her a mail with details. Keeping fingers crossed.

Jane

kiwi_gg ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 7:40 PM

jb11, my password was too short as well, it seems the new site requires 6 or more characters, I just created a new password and have not had any probs.

Cheers

GG

WHO said Kiwi's can't Fly ?????

mediasponge ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 8:25 PM

Here's a minor tidbit that could stand fixing on the new forum site: Jaderail created a very nice tutorial for new users on installing zip file content into Daz Studio. The new site has a posting of that title with a link to the original article, you guessed it, to the wrong address for the old forum.  😕 

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/47/

It would be really nice if they either copied the original article into the new forum, or fixed the link...

mediasponge ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 8:42 PM

Here are a few oddities from the store: When browsing the store, say you view a product, then use the browser's back button and then go forward again. The list of required products sometimes changes! Also, when using the browser's forward and back buttons in a category, the sort order and criteria do persist (yay!), but sometimes the last item or row of items on one page are replicated on the top of the next page.

See? They should have asked me to beta test this thing before going online. I would have filed at least 20 reports a day. :laugh:

jb11 ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 10:18 PM

All fixed now. It looks like the reset mails were tumbling into a black hole. Spam filters can get a bit excitable sometimes.

Jane

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:23 PM

Quote - A THOUGHT!

Barb

...already doing just that.  Hope it renders when I'm done. ; )

...forsaken daughter is watching you.

[Intel Xeon 5660 Hyperthreading 6 core CPU, 24GB GSkill Ripjaws 1333 DDR3 Tri Channel RAM, Nvidia Titan-X GPU with 12GB GDDR5 & 3072 cores, 1 x AData 240 GB SSD (boot) + 1 x 2TB HDD, EGVA 850 G5 PSU Antec P-193 with more fans than Justin Bieber.]

Skiriki ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 11:57 PM

Quote - I have to second Skiriki's thoughts on version 4.5, and like him/her I was lucky (more like had the foresight) to grab all my downloads before the site went black.  And, thank you Skiriki for illustrating how that function works.  I will have to give it a play.

(She, yes.  :biggrin:)

I left my system rendering when I went to bed, and when I came back it had done only 8%. Wow. Dreamer wings apparently slow things down for some reason. o_O I think this can mean only one thing... MOAR WINGS. Better ones.

(Hmmm. Spicy chicken wings in RL sounds like a great idea as well.) 

Quote - 4.5 does have some interesting new additions, and the "Edit" menu now holds some interesting production tools I don't seem to have in 4 Pro.  Also, they have included "Darkside" UI by default (no need to istall).  I never installed it in 4 Pro, so it was nice to check it out.  I think I'll keep it set to Darkside.

Oh really? New additions? Darn, I've forgotten to check those, I got so excited about the "add push modifier" that  I forgot to spelunk for everything else.

I'm easily entertained and easily distracted, it seems... 

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 6:13 AM · edited Tue, 22 May 2012 at 6:13 AM

mediaspongewrote > Quote - *Here's a minor tidbit that could stand fixing on the new forum site: Jaderail created a very nice tutorial for new users on installing zip file content into Daz Studio. The new site has a posting of that title with a link to the original article, you guessed it, to the wrong address for the old forum.  😕 *

It would be really nice if they either copied the original article into the new forum, or fixed the link...

Some things were added to the new site before the old site went read only, and so the correct url wasn't available to add to posts like this. At the moment we have as must access as you do to the new forum so cannot correct links.

For the tutorial you speak of, the correct link is

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=180932

IanzThingz ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 6:15 AM

Quote - Here's a minor tidbit that could stand fixing on the new forum site: Jaderail created a very nice tutorial for new users on installing zip file content into Daz Studio. The new site has a posting of that title with a link to the original article, you guessed it, to the wrong address for the old forum.  😕 

Here you go - http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=180932 any old forum links, just add the word archive after forum and all is well, would have been nice to keep the original forum.daz3d.com domain tho ;)

AtticAnne ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 11:13 AM

Quote - Kyoto Kid said > Quote - ...this was supposed to be up and running three days ago.  Even the old forums are inccessable.

...I need my Daily Daz Forums fix, I'm really jonseing here. :bored:

The old forums are accessible, in Read Only Format.      http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/

Thanks for the link, Chohole.  I've bookmarked it so I can find it easily.

AtticAnne in Austin TX

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 11:26 AM

No probs Anne, at least you can browse back over old threads to while away the time. :bored:

ghosty12 ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 11:37 AM

Maybe with what is going on over there is the reason my asking for a pasword reset since they changed how you login, and how it has screwed up my auto fill in with Opera's Wand. (Because of all the passwords I have written down I can't find my current Daz Store password.) 

The email I am expecting has not appeared in my email. And yes I do have Thunderbird set to allow any emails from Daz. I cant even access the support section since the page is not there yet. So I am locked out till I get some sort of reply from them.

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 12:19 PM

DDrop an email to Daz_Ann at aanderson@daz3d.com, she may be able to help you.

ghosty12 ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 12:44 PM

Cool thank you. :) Just not sure why this happening.

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

jb11 ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 1:02 PM

ghosty12

I mailed her and it worked fine for me. Very helpful.**

**There is something up with the mailings though. No order confirmation arrived. I set my mail to send everything with no filtering, so it may not be a spam filter doing the dissapearing.

Jane

ghosty12 ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 1:37 PM · edited Tue, 22 May 2012 at 1:38 PM

jb11

Ahh thank you, yeah it is really strange, good to know so to speak that it is not just me having problems with their new site. But this is what happens when major web site changes happen just a real pain though.

SpottedKitty ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 4:09 PM

I notice a couple of new goodies have just appeared in the New Releases page. I hope DAZ realises that a lot of people, including me, have no trust in the secure and efficient operation of the store in its current state. I certainly won't buy anything else, or even put anything else into my cart or wishlist, until it's fixed.

So why are they putting up another $1 special (with no closing date — again) at a time when none of us know when the site will be properly operational again? There shouldn't be any more limited-time offers until we know we'll be able to download what we bought. (And yes, my last purchase is still "pending" and the order is tagged as "complete"... and everything I bought is still in my cart.) Both of the new items are things I want to buy anyway, which only adds to the annoyance.

I really feel sorry for the vendors of all the new stuff in the firing line, this must be having a terrible effect on them. Hopefully sales will recover once all the "interesting times" are over.

Spit ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 4:24 PM

I just bought one of the two new products. Everything went fine in that I got what I wanted, went through the process, and got the file.

(I haven't tried to install yet. Will do that in a bit)

I did have on problem though. I returned from the product page to click the 'add to cart' button from the main page. The item was the first one on the page. I clicked the button, a message came up saying I had added a different item to the cart. I looked down and sure enough, the two thumbnails had switched positions but it didn't show up until the page refreshed with the 'added to cart notice'.

I simply added the one I wanted, then deleted the one I didn't and continued on.

Heads up. Otherwise the process was much much better than the other day. And once in the cart it was secure pages all the way.

Skiriki ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 4:43 PM

I just got the new thingie and some old stuff (Regency for M4).

My PayPal purchase went through, no problem.

Download? No hiccups. Full speed ahoy.

Install for RRTime? No problems.

Install for Regency? No problems.

The error log shows no problems beyond the usual (injectpmd whinge, since I went and updated to 4.5RC1). 

I realize that the plural of anecdote is not "data", but, maybe others could share their experiences of Tuesday and onward purchases?

I still can't get my wishlist (because it chokes the system), but at least the last two purchase bundles have worked to me, with the very first one (which was made as soon as the new site went live) still pending (so 2-1 in success stories), but Ann forwarded my e-mail onward to Customer Service and said they will deal with the pending purchase. 

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 4:54 PM

Quote - I notice a couple of new goodies have just appeared in the New Releases page. I hope DAZ realises that a lot of people, including me, have no trust in the secure and efficient operation of the store in its current state. I certainly won't buy anything else, or even put anything else into my cart or wishlist, until it's fixed.

So why are they putting up another $1 special (with no closing date — again) at a time when none of us know when the site will be properly operational again? There shouldn't be any more limited-time offers until we know we'll be able to download what we bought. (And yes, my last purchase is still "pending" and the order is tagged as "complete"... and everything I bought is still in my cart.) Both of the new items are things I want to buy anyway, which only adds to the annoyance.

I really feel sorry for the vendors of all the new stuff in the firing line, this must be having a terrible effect on them. Hopefully sales will recover once all the "interesting times" are over.

Spotted Kitty, have you seen the contact info that Richard has posted on the 2nd page of this thread  

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2849812&page=2

mishamcm ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 5:16 PM

For those who may not have received the latest newsletter, the deadlines for the $1 sales are:

Sixties Dinette Set 5/25

Aiden for M5 5/29

R and R Time 6/1

SpottedKitty ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 6:50 PM

Quote - Spotted Kitty, have you seen the contact info that Richard has posted on the 2nd page of this thread   http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2849812&page=2

Must have missed that post. Got it, thanks. A bit late tonight, I'll fire off an aaaiiieee-mail tomorrow.

jb11 ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 5:17 AM

I've managed to buy and download a couple of things. All went smoothly. The only negative was that the order confirmation email never arrived.

I mailed 'DAZ-Ann' as she asked for any feedback when sorting out my access problem. They are finding it very useful to identify people with problems so that they can look for things that are in common.

Jane

larsmidnatt ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 7:11 AM

I recieved order confirmations for my two purchases. Kinda slow processing on the order submit page but other than that it's been fine. Not a fan of how I can't see Aiden's texture under smart content materials though, you have to go under character which makes him lonely. Everone else's textures show under materials.

SatiraCapriccio ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 7:39 AM

After I submitted my order, it took at least 15 minutes before the order completed ... I stopped watching the spinning cursor after 10 minutes.  I fully expected it to fail (or something worse), and was surprised when I did get an order confirmation email.

I'm hesitant to order anything else ... fortunately, there isn't much being offered to tempt me.

I absolutely hate the Itemized Order History.  It's worse than useless with no way to sort by date, order no, or product name.  Default at least should be by newest date first.

Quote - I recieved order confirmations for my two purchases. Kinda slow processing on the order submit page but other than that it's been fine. Not a fan of how I can't see Aiden's texture under smart content materials though, you have to go under character which makes him lonely. Everone else's textures show under materials.

Burning within each of us are Fires of Creativity

Satira Capriccio

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 8:41 AM

The Itemised Order History is sorted by product name - it looks odd because there are some items with punctuation (such as quotes) in front of the name and those are shown first. Once you go to the second page the page number is in the URL so it is possible, at least as a work-around for now, to edit that by guessing where you need to be to hit the product name (I have a huge list and didn't find it too time-consuming to get some resets, though it is annoying to have to use even a simple work-around for a limitation).

ssgbryan ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 10:29 AM

file_481629.png

RHaseltine, I have a question for you

Who was the *&^%# that thought grey text on a grey background was a good idea.?

See attached file

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.