Mon, Jun 17, 3:10 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 16 8:21 pm)

Subject: V4-WM is Here!

grichter ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 2:22 PM

Only hairs I have seen issues of movement which needs major ajustment if conformed vs parented using figure hair, is if the hair has extra bones like braided pigtails.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 4:19 PM

Quote - 20 poses plus mirrors for V4 WM.

Click to go to poses!!!!!!

Have fun.

All the best.

LROG

Good ON you, Richard!! Thank you. 😄

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 4:21 PM

Quote - A quick question about V4 weight mapped, there's someone who has already tried to use conforming hair with her?

Do we have to convert them as with clothings?

Depends on the hair.

I've had an issue with Violet hair by LLF: easily resolved... load/conform/Copy Joint Zone From...

Other hair, makes no difference.

Metaphor of Chooks

featherwitch ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 5:03 PM

I just wanted to thank you all for all your hard work! Well done!!  ;o)

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 5:21 PM

thanks very much too for the great poses  paganeagle2001

love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Mark@poser ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 5:28 PM

Really nice effort here. A truly amazing team effort. I like the free poses too...Thanks...

One question, Can I report a bug here (it may just be my model) or should that be over at PoserPlace? I don't have an account over there, but I think It's free to sign up for one.

Thanks

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 5:35 PM

Quote - Really nice effort here. A truly amazing team effort. I like the free poses too...Thanks...

One question, Can I report a bug here (it may just be my model) or should that be over at PoserPlace? I don't have an account over there, but I think It's free to sign up for one.

Thanks

Before you report your bug, may I ask real quick: did you run the script with a V4 figure in the scene? Or was the scene empty? This is one of the most common issues we've run into. I've updated the Guide to reflect this.

Metaphor of Chooks

Mark@poser ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 6:03 PM

file_478011.jpg

*Before you report your bug, may I ask real quick: did you run the script with a V4 figure in the scene? Or was the scene empty? This is one of the most common issues we've run into. I've updated the Guide to reflect this.*

Yes, I followed the instructions and ran it with an empty scene. I saw where others had talked about that being a problem.

It may be more of an opinion than an error, but I think imax24 said this earlier too. It seems to me the elbows look a little off in some poses, but my V4 has a lot of morphs applied (post conversion). The image above is pose 10 from ShyrDavid's excellent free poses that came with the set. Maybe someone could try this and see if they see the same issue. Note my V4 has rather thin arms.

Thanks

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 6:19 PM

Might leave that one with the experts, Mark... feel free to ask at PoserPlace: there's a thread there for this sort of thing.

Metaphor of Chooks

Darboshanski ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 9:18 PM

@Mark@poser I noticed this too.

My Facebook Page

lkendall ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 11:35 PM · edited Sun, 29 January 2012 at 11:37 PM

As LROG promised!

Phanton3D has posted his first tutorial installment at PoserPlace. This is a rigging, weight-map, and figure preparation tutorial. The subject figure is Antonio, a male counterpart for Antonia~WM.

Tony Project Turorial 01

You are all invited to participate.

lmk

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2012 at 4:22 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_478037.jpg

[click for full]

Joining the chorus for what can only be described as a magificent work, for the love of it.

You put V4 right.

Thank you PoserPlace and the V4-WM team.

::::: Opera ::::

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2012 at 4:23 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_478038.jpg

[click for full]

another view of the same pose.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2012 at 8:35 AM

Wow...that is impressive :D. Mike does top shelf work :)

Laurie

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 30 January 2012 at 9:09 AM

I have previewed the tutorial and I must say that is a must see for those serious about learning rigging, weightmapping and texturing from the ground up.  I still need to download the training files for Antonio, but I am excited about this project.

ghosty12 ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 8:06 AM · edited Tue, 31 January 2012 at 8:09 AM

file_478099.jpg

I am still playing around with clothing and by pure chance I have found there is no need to convert most of the clothing.

Though I still have to be sure but all I have done is to do the drag n drop method of conforming then do the copy joint zones from, from the figure menu the clothing goes on great and with a minimal need of altering though that may depend on the pose.

But as you can see from this picture the only real major fiddling around was with the shoes and a slight bit on one of the jackets. Other than that there was no real need for alterations.

The only real problem is some of the other types of shoes I have in poser some work fine, while others refuse to work right even if they are converted.

I used Hongyu's Cowgirl 3 and 4 and the pumps from Daz.

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

grichter ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 9:28 AM

Pants are easy becuase the thigh and shin bones follow the characters bones. Lets see some long skirts or dresses to the knee or below. The are what are giving me fits, especailly ones with addon skirt control bones. Having to change them into hybrids to get the results I want, because the thigh bones and ddress handles I think are getting moved witht eh copy from function. Doesn't happen in all dresses, just some.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

colorcurvature ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 11:34 AM

Question: Is it only me because of maybe a workflow mistake, or is she not entirely weight-mapped? The smooth-specification e.g. in the shoulders do still use spheres? Is that wanted or bug?

anupaum ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 11:54 AM

Quote - Pants are easy becuase the thigh and shin bones follow the characters bones. Lets see some long skirts or dresses to the knee or below. The are what are giving me fits, especailly ones with addon skirt control bones. Having to change them into hybrids to get the results I want, because the thigh bones and ddress handles I think are getting moved witht eh copy from function. Doesn't happen in all dresses, just some.

I put a conforming blouse from Roogna on my weightmapped figure, copied the joint zones from V4, but once I put her in a pose, the elbows and shoulders showed these weird, wonky spikes.  I tried it again, but this time, didn't copy the joint zones until after I'd put the figure in a pose.  That worked better.

But I can't get a skirt to work properly for the LIFE of me!  In the render I'm currently composing, I've abandoned a conforming skirt in favor of a dynamic one.  I'm utterly vexed by trying to get a conforming skirt to work properly.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 12:13 PM

Did you try the WM converter with the clothing?  I have seen a little wackiness with a pair of boots with just applying the copy joint zones.  But putting them through the converter then applying the copy joint zones cleaned that up.  If posing does not work the first time afterwards, zero the figure and apply the pose again.

anupaum ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 12:45 PM

Oh, forgot that step!  Thank you!

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 1:31 PM · edited Tue, 31 January 2012 at 1:32 PM

Quote - Pants are easy becuase the thigh and shin bones follow the characters bones. Lets see some long skirts or dresses to the knee or below. The are what are giving me fits, especailly ones with addon skirt control bones. Having to change them into hybrids to get the results I want, because the thigh bones and ddress handles I think are getting moved witht eh copy from function. Doesn't happen in all dresses, just some.

Makes a strong case for using dynamic for flowly stuff like dresses and skirts ... I prefer how they behave, myself. Been converting conforming stuff to dynamic (not gotten much of a reply from the original developers when I ask them about it, though... they're probably just busy).

Metaphor of Chooks

basicwiz ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 1:37 PM

Quote - Been converting conforming stuff to dynamic (not gotten much of a reply from the original developers when I ask them about it, though... they're probably just busy).

You seem to have a lot of expertise with dynamic... can you list, step by step, how you convert an item and keep it from falling apart?

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 2:21 PM

No all clothing is appropriate for conversion. If the mesh is not one piece, or if it has a lot of decoration like grommets or ties or laces, it may not sim well.

The way I determine if it's worth trying is importing the obj file into Blender. Wings3D or Silo or whatever you have would do as well. I spin it around in all views: if it looks like it's in parts, then I move on to something else.

If you've brought an obj (File -> Import -> Wavefront obj) into Poser and during the sim the thing appears to fall apart, chances are it's not contiguous.

That's just step one: deciding.

If it is indeed suitable, you'll want to parent it to the figure it's going to be simmed against. Then, for like strappy dresses, you'll want to make the straps constrained to the figure so they don't fall off the shoulders during the sim. I do my grouping in Blender because Poser's interface for grouping is so much clunkier and unreliable.

Metaphor of Chooks

vintorix ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 2:42 PM

But if the figure is not in one part can you not just weld it in the group editor?

?

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 3:30 PM · edited Tue, 31 January 2012 at 3:30 PM

Sometimes you can't weld them if they don't line up and are separate pieces entirely. You can only weld across the group seams.

Laurie

vintorix ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 3:37 PM

I see. It should be general praxis to publish your models in both dynamic and conforming variations. It is very little extra work.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 3:50 PM

Quote - I see. It should be general praxis to publish your models in both dynamic and conforming variations. It is very little extra work.

You're kidding, right? Far from it.

Laurie

vintorix ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 4:10 PM

Wherein lies the difficulty? Show me an actual example. The dynamic version does not necessarily need to be as detailed as the conformed version.

lkendall ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 4:23 PM · edited Tue, 31 January 2012 at 4:24 PM

Tony Project Tutorial 02

Tutorial 02 (Rigging and Weight-Maps) is now posted in this thread at PoserPlace. All interested parties are invited to participate.

Please continue to monitor the Tutorial thread so that I don't need to start a new thread for each tutorial.

It is okay to spread the news of this on other Poser forums. I cannot possibly find them all, and I can use all the help I can get to publicize this. Any one who would like to add this to a Poser site newsletter may do so. Please?

lmk

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 4:30 PM

Quote - Wherein lies the difficulty? Show me an actual example. The dynamic version does not necessarily need to be as detailed as the conformed version.

Create both and get back to me.

Laurie

vintorix ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 4:42 PM · edited Tue, 31 January 2012 at 4:44 PM

file_478109.jpg

For an example I can take a model I was working on recently (see picture, full model at [ http://www.marvelousdesigner.com/gallery/735/master-of-martial-art](http://www.marvelousdesigner.com/gallery/735/master-of-martial-art)

This harness consisted of 5 separate objects that of course fell apart during simulation.

Welding a few points together at strategic places was all that was needed to make it behave properly.
Not even 5 min work.

Vially ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 8:36 PM

Quote - In order to provide the maximum possible compatibility with existing morphs, the vertex order of the V4 mesh could not be altered. But, this mesh was not designed for weight-mapping. To achieve extraodinary bending, the figure had to be re-rigged, and needed helper bones. The weight-maps are not a simple conversion, but are hand sculpted by Diogenes/Phantom3D. V4~WM is impressively reworked.

Cage has creatively provided a way to make the distribution of the rigging and weight-maps possible, and simple enough for the average user to do. The beta testers have put in a lot of time to facilitate this work. When people download V4~WM, the Crew's attention to every detail of packaging the files, and the instructions will be evident.

V4~WM is as P9/PP2012 compliant as possible, and her improved function has not been compromised by trying to make her compatible with other applications. She is a hint of what can finally be accomplished with figures that are actually designed (mesh, rig, weight/bulge-maps, morphs, shaders and content) to use the full set of features in Poser. V4~WM is amazing.

lmk

So far I've heard P9 and PP2012... Skipping right over PP2010... is this intentional or an implied compatability?

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 9:01 PM · edited Tue, 31 January 2012 at 9:01 PM

Pro 2010 does not support weight mapping. She won't work in 2010. You're free to use  the Vicky you got from Daz ;).

Laurie

meatSim ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2012 at 9:25 PM

poser pro 2012 is based off p9.  Poser pro 2010 is based off p8 so its not 'skipping' pp2010.  P9 is more advanced in a lot of ways than pp2010 though it lacks some of the pro features

Quote - > Quote - In order to provide the maximum possible compatibility with existing morphs, the vertex order of the V4 mesh could not be altered. But, this mesh was not designed for weight-mapping. To achieve extraodinary bending, the figure had to be re-rigged, and needed helper bones. The weight-maps are not a simple conversion, but are hand sculpted by Diogenes/Phantom3D. V4~WM is impressively reworked.

Cage has creatively provided a way to make the distribution of the rigging and weight-maps possible, and simple enough for the average user to do. The beta testers have put in a lot of time to facilitate this work. When people download V4~WM, the Crew's attention to every detail of packaging the files, and the instructions will be evident.

V4~WM is as P9/PP2012 compliant as possible, and her improved function has not been compromised by trying to make her compatible with other applications. She is a hint of what can finally be accomplished with figures that are actually designed (mesh, rig, weight/bulge-maps, morphs, shaders and content) to use the full set of features in Poser. V4~WM is amazing.

lmk

So far I've heard P9 and PP2012... Skipping right over PP2010... is this intentional or an implied compatability?

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 12:53 AM

For the most part, dynamic and conforming cloth are designed differently right from the get-go. Conforming cloth generally is lower-poly, is mostly non-contiguous (because it can be) and has a lot of modelled decorative mesh like grommets and laces and such. Stuff that wouldn't sim in a fit, even with a Cray. Since conforming cloth is designed to bend at certain spots, that's where the edge-loops will be. So, if you have a look at conforming cloth mesh, the mesh density will be focused around decorative areas and areas that will bend with the figure. More or less.

Dynamic cloth is meant to behave like real cloth, so in order to sim well it is by design higher-poly mostly all over. I've taken what I've considered "appropriate" conforming cloth and added mesh in order to get reasonable folds and wrinkles here:

Katie

This is originally a conforming dress by Cute3D. The mesh lent itself nicely to simming, withg a few mods.

I still think - after this arduous exercise - that one is best off:

-- looking at mesh, both dynamic and conforming
-- looking for ideas that appeal
-- study dynamic cloth design carefully (still looking for good stuff on this)
-- make your own dynamic cloth from scratch

Metaphor of Chooks

vintorix ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 1:22 AM · edited Wed, 01 February 2012 at 1:31 AM
  1. Precisely as you can plan you cloth to be either conforming or dynamic you can plan your cloth ahead to be both conforming and dynamic. That is specially important if you have a whole outfit and not only one piece.

2. Even if it is not perfect it is an advantage to have cloth that are both conforming and dynamic so you can work with  conforming during composing and switch to dynamic before the final rendering.

3. The question of resolution is rather irrelevant as it is only a mouseclick (subdivision away).

4. When you work with tools such as Marvelous Designer you always have to retop for the conforming version the dynamic you get more or less free, it would be waste to throw it away.

5. Between vendors there are competition -everything else equal the one who offer both conforming or dynamic versions gets an advantage. As always - it is the customer who decide.

Darboshanski ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 11:16 AM

While I love dynamic clothing it slows my work flow down if I am doing a series of images in a story that require lots of pose changes.

My Facebook Page

Vestmann ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 1:46 PM

Quote - While I love dynamic clothing it slows my work flow down if I am doing a series of images in a story that require lots of pose changes.

This is my biggest concern as well.  That's why I loved the dynamic plugin for DS. It was really the best of both worlds.  I would love to see Poser's dynamics evolve in that direction without losing the user's ability to create their own clothing.

Vestmann's Gallery

Vestmann ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 2:02 PM

Hmmm...(thinking aloud here).  Does anyone know if the 'Simple Bones Single Skin' option of PP2012 could be used for dynamic clothing?  Would it be possible the have a single skin clothing item conformed to a figure but that it would also work in the Cloth room?  The purpose being that you could pose the figure and then run a few frames of simulation to let the cloth obey gravity.

Vestmann's Gallery

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 2:19 PM · edited Wed, 01 February 2012 at 2:20 PM

The single skin figures don't seem to have generalized utility in Poser.  Apparently this is a specialized figure type which uses only some of Poser's weight mapping options, really existing only to help users prepare within Poser figures which will be exported using the Collada format.  It would be neat if we could actually come up with some use for this new format within Poser, but in itself it seems to offer less rather than more when used as a Poser figure.  :unsure:

What you might be able to do is make a single mesh figure which uses body handles and weight mapping as a more fully-functional sort of skeleton, then use that as dynamic cloth.  That might be a bit harder to set up, though, with no tools currently existing to help create such a figure.  😕

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Vestmann ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 3:46 PM

Well, maybe it will take a few upgrades to get the Cloth and Hair rooms the way I'd like them to be ;) 

Vestmann's Gallery

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 11:15 AM

Vestmann-you washed your face!  I hardly knew ya!! :biggrin:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Vestmann ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 11:57 AM

Quote - Vestmann-you washed your face!  I hardly knew ya!! :biggrin:

Yeah, I gave myself a Photoshop wash and facelift :biggrin:   It's much cheaper then the real thing lol

Vestmann's Gallery

Anthanasius ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 12:15 PM

Dynamic, dynamic, dynamic :thumbupboth:

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 12:20 PM

haz anyone mentioned a WM M4 in the works?

WM toast? 

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Cage ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 12:22 PM

Quote - haz anyone mentioned a WM M4 in the works?

Wheels have been set in motion!  :woot:

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 12:25 PM

Quote - > Quote - haz anyone mentioned a WM M4 in the works?

yayyyy, train kept a rollin ... all night long

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 1:15 PM

file_478176.jpg

[click for full]

I'm a fan of V4-WM. Fan of dynamic clothing also.
Here's an animation....
http://jrdonohue.com/dance.html
(flash)
"Accidental" nudity and transparency warning.

::::: Opera :::::

basicwiz ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 1:47 PM

Quote - > Quote - haz anyone mentioned a WM M4 in the works?

I hereby volunteer for the beta team. Where do I sign up, Cage?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.