Mon, Jun 17, 5:11 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 16 8:21 pm)

Subject: V4-WM is Here!

Vestmann ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 3:25 PM

Quote - > Quote - THE RELEASE IS READY!  Get your copy now!

Poser Place

Just keeping the download link on each page :) so people wont need hunt :)

Good idea. It's all good to put it in your signature.

Vestmann's Gallery

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 3:27 PM · edited Wed, 25 January 2012 at 3:29 PM

Quote - @cage, (i just updated the posted image), where you see i morphed her to k4 for the genesis-effect. to these morphs dials, changes in the joint centers are slaved. for the classic ones my script can do it automatically but not for the new extra bones. i am not sure how this could be automized. maybe it can, i have to think a bit. i think the script detects the dummy geometry for the extra bones as relevant, and this would normally be not morphed. maybe i can tweak it to ignore this geometry.

The added helper bones use objFileGeom geometry listings.  Would it help to check somehow for geometry of that type?  You can use the actor.GeomFileName to work out whether the geometry is objFileGeom, geomCustom, or geomHandlerGeom.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Rose2000 ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 3:31 PM

Ahh Vestmann an even better idea :)

moriador ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 3:34 PM

Quote - While I know fewer people use the male characters, it would certainly help to have one that was weightmapped. People REALLY DO make renders other than naked girls in temples with swords. If it's a matter of money, I've got a hundred bucks that I'll toss into the pot to see M4 WM.

Me too, and I'd gladly pay an advance to prove that I'm not just saying it to be saying it.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

Kalypso ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 3:44 PM
Site Admin

Thanks Glitterati3D, most helpful, concise and to the point - will definitely be playing with conversions over the weekend.  And thanks for the great set of clothes!

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 3:45 PM

Quote - Thanks Glitterati3D, most helpful, concise and to the point - will definitely be playing with conversions over the weekend.  And thanks for the great set of clothes!

You're welcome.

Anthanasius ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 3:46 PM

A really big thank to all the dev who allow this possible :thumbupboth:

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

Daventaki ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 3:59 PM

Thank You!!!

anupaum ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 4:02 PM · edited Wed, 25 January 2012 at 4:03 PM

When applying the script, follow the guide carefully.  This works FAR better on an unmodified V4 than one that's been morphed.  What I've done to avoid exceeding strangeness with joints, is to create a single, weight-mapped and fully Morph ++ injected V4 from which I can re-build all of the V4 characters in my runtime.  I've saved her in a special folder for use in re-building my figures.  Applying the morph dials after conversion yields good results.

Given that I have 9 characters to rebuild, I'm going to be busy for awhile . . .

Thanks again, development team!  She bends beautifully!

:)

moriador ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 4:12 PM

Does anyone know or can guess how compatible the WM-V4 is with recent Rendo MP released "fixes" (ex: REALarms or the Perfect series)?

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

Vestmann ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 4:21 PM · edited Wed, 25 January 2012 at 4:21 PM

Quote - Does anyone know or can guess how compatible the WM-V4 is with recent Rendo MP released "fixes" (ex: REALarms or the Perfect series)?

It's not recommended to use correction packages with V4 WM. I have the Perfect series and I don't miss them with V4WM.  She bends better and is much lighter  without all'em morphs ;)

Vestmann's Gallery

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 4:23 PM

Like Vestmann said. 😄 I had armpit fix preloaded on a figure and it stuffed up the process. Plain-vanilla V4 (morphs++ preloaded) is best, as Anupaum observed - you can easily load your figure dial-spin afterwards.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

bopperthijs ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 4:34 PM · edited Wed, 25 January 2012 at 4:38 PM

Thanks everyone on the team for this great innovation. I've been playing with it for an hour and I'm afraid it's gonna be a short night.

Given that I have 9 characters to rebuild, I'm going to be busy for awhile . . .

I have over 30 characters I made over the past years. What I do, is to save the orginals as morph-pose in the pose-folder and inject them in the new weigthmapped V4. Works perfect and fast.

best regards and chapeau for the V4-wm team.

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

vintorix ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 5:10 PM

And I who thought I couldn't be astonished anymore!

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 5:12 PM

thanks everyone who contributed to making V4WM.

Can I add my voice to those requesting a V3WM and M4WM please?

Also is there a donate button anywhere?

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 5:15 PM

colorcurvature - they look awesome.  any chance you could give or sell me those younger characters please?

Love esther

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 5:17 PM

I hope PhilC will add WMV4 as another way to convert clothing too in wardrobe wizard.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 5:30 PM

One thing I found when Beta testing- some characters-at least one- like Daz Elite Reby Sky- seem to add jcms- so it's best to convert an existing Reby Sky rather than add the inj pose to a previous V4-WM. If not-then earlier-non-WM specific poses will not zero with the t pose provided by shrvrdavid.

Reby Sky reproportions V4's body significantly-so that may be the reason-although I did not find this with S4 or her other scaling morphs.

If you get into that situation-merely use a pre-wm zero pose.

This may be in the readme-I suggested it-but there was a LOT going on. Maybe I should just read the final readme files. :-)

We kept pretzel bending poor V4 and Mike (Phantom3d) and Cage just kept fixing and improving. They deserve a HUGE thanks!

bevans84 ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 5:38 PM

On your V4WM, you might want to use an unhide script to unhide the scaling on many of the body parts. Testing with this figure was much like PP 2012, in that the more I got into it, the more delightful little surprises I kept finding, and keep finding.

For example, scaling the chest and/or the collars with the arms down by the sides, many new possibilities are opened up with V4WM.

One thing to try, much of the time you can conform your existing V4 clothing to V4WM, select the clothing, and, in the figure menu, use 'copy joint zones' from V4WM and get acceptable results. One problem with that is that if you save the result into a pz3, it doesn't seem to keep the new clothing joint zones when reloading.

Just a few things off the top of my head.

lkendall ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 5:41 PM

Folks:

Please share this news and the download link on all the forums that you know about. We really want to spread V4~WM throughout the worldwide Poser Community as quickly as possible. I spent several hours visiting various sites, but there are so many.

We really need help spreading the word through forums where English is not the main language. I hope our international users here will help with that.

Please make renders! When you share renders in various galleries, make note that this is V4~WM, and give a link to her (also mention that P9 or PP2012 are required so as to prevent confusion).

Vendors and content creators who want to update their wares for V4~WM are welcome to ask for assistance if it is needed. We are hoping that V4~WM will extend the popularity of V4, and be a boon to the content creators. The UV mapping is the same for V4~WM and V4 4.2. Poses may need to be adjusted, but V4~WM bends so well that she will pose more easily than V4 4.2.

There are a lot of very talented people in the Poser Community. They will be studying V4~WM (and Antonia~WM), and hopefuly joining us at PoserPlace to learn more about rigging and WMs for P9/PP2012. I hope that M4 (H4/F4) can be updated also for those in our population that want male figures. We have to take one step at a time. In the meantime, the male morphs for V4 , and the Vittorio 4.2 package by pdxjims at DAZ3D may be able to be adapted to V4~WM. I am fairly certain that no one reported attempting this in the beta of V4~WM, but a lot of us had to buy morph packages to try them out, and we couldn't afford to buy them all. If anyone has Vittorio 4.2, and could check this out and report in this thread, it would be very helpful.

lmk

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

grichter ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 7:49 PM

Call out to the V4-WM developers.

You people spent a huge amount of time and effort creating V4-WM. Based on Ikendall's above post even used your own money to buy morph sets for testing....and you are giving all of this away for free!

Horse Pucky!

You need to set up at least a paypal account to accept donations or a joint account on here or over at the other commercial site were we can donate gift certificates. Saying just thanks in a forum doesn't cut it for me and I am sure there are others that feel the same way. Granted there are people that in this economy can only say thanks. But for those of us who can do more, give us the opportunity.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

Begmysweet ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 8:16 PM

LOL donations. Not a bad idea but I really don't mind and I loved the work I put into beta testing. Yeah we had to spend money a few of us hah. But the big pay off is the happiness everyone will recieve for their efforts. And our bosses Cage and Phantom are seriously the best. Very good people, very understandable and very very talented.

As for future developments on the guys M4/H4 that from what I remember was on a to do list. So its logical that he will be next. Right now though I think all of us need a break.

We do need WW support and someone already sent word to PhilC so we are waiting to hear from him. Hopefully we'll have it soon.

But for other vendors an update would be cool or to see their future products using V4WM.

lkendall ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 8:25 PM

grichter:

You are kind to offer.

There is so much that needs to be done to catch up content with P9/PP2012. Those folks working at PoserPlace are hoping to stimulate a cascade of enthusiasm, participation, and generosity. We want to show what can be done, and to encourage others to achieve as well.

There will be efforts to teach techniques in rigging and weight-mapping to a wider audience of people, and we are hoping that other legacy figures can be updated. We are also hoping that folks with talents in other areas will get involved (modeling, morphing, texturing, materials, clothing, scripting, etc.).

We also want to stimulate the Poser economy. We really don't expect everyone to do everything for free. We are very aware that content creators have been put in a difficult postion. V4~WM extends their investment of time in products already created for V4 as most of them are compatible, or can be converted easily enough. We also hope that the general quality of content can be upgraded to be P9/PP2012 compliant. Some of our number are merchants and will be offering products, which we hope will be received well in the Poser community.

The response so far has been phenominal. The V4~WM Crew is very stoked at her reception. It has been hard work, but it has been fun too.

lmk

Eric Walters ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 8:36 PM

Good points! I'd noticed the PZ3 not saving the new clothing joint zones. Pretty sure a saved combo cr2 does-

BTW: glad the scaling of body parts came up during the testing-you can't DO that with the JCM/Magnet V4

Quote - On your V4WM, you might want to use an unhide script to unhide the scaling on many of the body parts. Testing with this figure was much like PP 2012, in that the more I got into it, the more delightful little surprises I kept finding, and keep finding.

For example, scaling the chest and/or the collars with the arms down by the sides, many new possibilities are opened up with V4WM.

One thing to try, much of the time you can conform your existing V4 clothing to V4WM, select the clothing, and, in the figure menu, use 'copy joint zones' from V4WM and get acceptable results. One problem with that is that if you save the result into a pz3, it doesn't seem to keep the new clothing joint zones when reloading.

Just a few things off the top of my head.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 8:51 PM

I agree it was a lot of fun- luckily, I already had the Steph 4 and Reby Sky scaling morphs to play with-my investment was time- but I know Mike (Phantom3d) and Cage bought S4 elite so they could reproduce our "bugs"

ghosty12 ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 9:29 PM

I am so glad to see Vicky 4 and Steph 4 in WM mode now. :)

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

mamba-negra ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 9:41 PM

For those who haven't installed and tried her yet, your old poses will work pretty well. They already look better without any tweaking, just because the knees and shoulders don't get weird. But the changes required to make them look fine are pretty minor tweaks. It's pretty amazing to put two V4s side by side-one converted with WM and the other standard, and apply standard V4 poses!

Rose2000 ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 9:47 PM

Yes a lot of V4 poses will need to be adjust for WM.. She is somewhat different so the poses will not look exactly the same..

mamba-negra ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 10:01 PM

Well, I expected it to be a lot worse! So far, it's just minor tweaks-mostly with things like where the hands end up or rotating something a bit more or less. I've heard that V5  is so different from V4, that the poses are mostly useless-but I think that was more related to larger changes in the figure layout. 

willyb53 ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 10:11 PM

file_477818.jpg

Well the discussion mentioned Wardrobe Wizard so I tried a V4 to V4 and pointed to the V4 WM cr2.  Seems to convert OK.  I have a late (purchaced last month) V4 Plugin and it does have weight map copying included.

LM shadow dancer shirt and Pants

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 10:17 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_477819.jpg

Here is a dark skinned V4-WM placed in a pose from 3 partial poses.  The character is Naeima (forget who created her) and she is scaled taller that V4 base.  No need for tweaking.

jonnybode ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 10:56 PM

I just want to thank you all involved in this project, looks like you have done an excellent job on this character.

Off to work now and it feels like its going to be a long day before I can get back home and test this one out.

Once again, thank you!

basicwiz ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 11:11 PM

Kudo's to the team.

V4WM is nothing short of amazing and revolutionary. I've got it all installed and working flawlessly.

My compliments to whomever realized that female breasts have weight and figured out how to distribute it in changing poses! :)

This is (yet another) game changer.

When the M4 project begins, I wish to be the first to volunteer for the team (write my name down lkendall!) This technology is the biggest step I have seen to simplifying Poser's posing process.

Thanks again to all who labored and spent their time and money to give our community this sort of a boost.

Rose2000 ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 11:22 PM

Great renders Guys... Thanks Willy for the info :)

Begmysweet ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 11:27 PM

Ah good to know Willy I'll let the people know at Poser Place that it does have it. It would just have to be a newer version I guess. I have the old V4 plugin for WW. Going to have to buy it again I guess.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 12:17 AM · edited Thu, 26 January 2012 at 12:20 AM

Quote - ... Right now though I think all of us need a break...

And as soon as I get my shader paths fixes, I'm taking one. :crying:

I can't speak for Mike, but I'm going to go out on a limb and ask that all Poser users see what the Poser Place crew are doing as something for the community. We're not trying to make a point, or prove something to some company or anything like that: we are trying to provide Poser users with something that will take advantage of Poser 9/ Poser Pro 2012 technology to the fullest. We would love to see the community rally 'round this effort and support us in this. It's up to all of us to MAKE POSER OUR TICKET TO CREATIVE FREEDOM!

This is where Mike is, I'm quite certain. This is were I am, i can guarantee you. Help us. Help us polish our product - YOUR product - to make it the kick-bum product you are all keen to be working/playing with.

Mike has started a bug-page over at PoserPlace. In the kindliest light possible, please let us know if you run into issues. Be aware: some issues we will address because we Can, some we may not be able to due to the limitations imposed by the mesh design. But we are committed to make this endeavour the enhancing, exciting experience for Poser users it was designed to be.

Oh yeah, and if you can: upgrade your version of Poser to the latest. Well worth it. 😉

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

Vestmann ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 12:33 AM

Quote - Well the discussion mentioned Wardrobe Wizard so I tried a V4 to V4 and pointed to the V4 WM cr2.  Seems to convert OK.  I have a late (purchaced last month) V4 Plugin and it does have weight map copying included.

LM shadow dancer shirt and Pants

Bill

How do you point to the V4WM.cr2

Vestmann's Gallery

willyb53 ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 12:40 AM

The last step it asked for the v41 cr2 and i gave it the weight mapped cr2 i had created

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

Vestmann ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 12:42 AM

Quote - The last step it asked for the v41 cr2 and i gave it the weight mapped cr2 i had created

Bill

Ok. thank you.  I'm trying WW2 for the first time now and it's taking a while...

Vestmann's Gallery

imax24 ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 1:06 AM

file_477821.jpg

I'll add my kudos, and look forward to the script specifically to convert V4 clothing to WM.

From one of the promo images at RDNA (attached), it looks like bending at the elbow still needs some tweaking. 

Vestmann ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 1:09 AM

Quote - I'll add my kudos, and look forward to the script specifically to convert V4 clothing to WM.

From one of the promo images at RDNA (attached), it looks like bending at the elbow still needs some tweaking. 

I'm pretty sure that's from the earlier stages of beta testing.  Her elbows behave quite nicely now.

Vestmann's Gallery

lkendall ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 1:29 AM · edited Thu, 26 January 2012 at 1:30 AM

Okay, I just tried Vittorio with V4~WM. The results are a little mixed, but with V4 Morphs++, V4 Muscle Morphs, and some of V4~WM's much improved scaling, Vittorio~WM might do acceptably well. I managed to crash  Poser Pro 2012 before I could actually get a usable render. I will try again tomorrow.

lmk

imax24 ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 2:07 AM

Quote - [I'm pretty sure that's from the earlier stages of beta testing.  Her elbows behave quite nicely now.

Oh. They might want to consider not using that as a promo for the finished product, since it displays a problem that no longer exists.

cspear ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 4:11 AM

Due to time constraints I've only had 20 minutes or so to put this through its paces.

Just for kicks I tried it on an already-morphed (spun dials) V4 character, and... WOW!

It works beautifully! Hats off, a round of drinks and three cheers to everyone involved in this.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

Biscuits ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 7:31 AM

Thank you V4 WM team!

I'm testing it out, I came across something strange though.

With some Body INJ morphs from V4 characters, the body is injected, but also the head is scaled huge.

Any solutions?

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

basicwiz ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 8:30 AM

I'm extremely impressed at the problems that are solved by the breast helpers! I'd post a render I've made, except I'm afraid the mods might slap me down for it. I've used the supplied WM pose with V laying on her left side, but have morphed her with an extremely well-endowed chest. The breast helpers allow for an incredibly natural weight distribution and gravity driven reshaping of her curves! I used to work with magnets for hours on end to get the results a dial spin gives me now. Just wish the breast helpers were easier to get to. Right now I have to go into the heiracrchy editor to access them. Is there a short cut? Can they be placed on the main dial menu?

basicwiz ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 8:35 AM · edited Thu, 26 January 2012 at 8:35 AM

Quote - Thank you V4 WM team!

I'm testing it out, I came across something strange though.

With some Body INJ morphs from V4 characters, the body is injected, but also the head is scaled huge.

Any solutions?

Have you reinjected all your morph packs? i.e. Morph++, Stephanie, etc? Sounds like the pose is trying to access a morph that's not there.

Photopium ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 8:50 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_477823.jpg

I really, really love how this was so easy to adapt.  My clunky, custom-rigged jalopy V4 every morph ever and more with PoseMagic and dynamic hair and kitchen sink stuff soaked up the new information like a sponge.  Had to delete fixxer morphs but that's not too hard.  Works really well with PoseMagic and what else can one say but WOW and all the praise ever for the development team. 

The optional texture pack is, I believe, missing the transmap for the lashes, FYI.  It is the most non-problem in the universe, and I'm loathe to mention it lest anyone think I'm complaining.  (I have enough Lash Transmaps to wallpaper the galaxy)

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 9:40 AM

Hmm... I need to check my download page and see if my old V4 freebie poses need to be updated.  Yeesh, that's going to be a lot of work!

Thanks guys!

Vestmann ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 10:18 AM

Quote - I really, really love how this was so easy to adapt.  My clunky, custom-rigged jalopy V4 every morph ever and more with PoseMagic and dynamic hair and kitchen sink stuff soaked up the new information like a sponge.  Had to delete fixxer morphs but that's not too hard.  Works really well with PoseMagic and what else can one say but WOW and all the praise ever for the development team. 

The optional texture pack is, I believe, missing the transmap for the lashes, FYI.  It is the most non-problem in the universe, and I'm loathe to mention it lest anyone think I'm complaining.  (I have enough Lash Transmaps to wallpaper the galaxy)

Posemagic works like a charm!  It might be good idea to do an update for V4WM...?  Seeing as she's rerigged with numerous new helper bones it might not be a bad idea...

Vestmann's Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.