Sat, Jun 1, 12:59 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 01 3:00 am)

Subject: New Models and V4.2 Clothes

insydney ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2011 at 8:31 AM · edited Tue, 21 May 2024 at 8:53 AM

Is there an easy way of conforming clothes designed for the standard V4.2++ model to custom made models based on V4.2++?

For example, after applying the Sabby Dylan body inj, the Ruffle dress doesn't fit.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2011 at 8:46 AM

You need to add your characters morphs to the clothing. There are several products that will do this, Morphing Clothes being the one that comes to mind at the moment. That's not a recommendation, it's just the one I can think of at the moment....lol. I think Wardrode Wizard does it too? I'm not 100% sure on that tho ;).

Laurie

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2011 at 9:34 AM

Yes, Wardrobe Wizard will do that.

The version of WW included in Poser might work only with the Poser figures, though.  I think you can buy add-ons to support additional figures from PhilC.

basicwiz ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2011 at 10:01 AM · edited Mon, 10 October 2011 at 10:01 AM

PhilC sells plugins for just about any figure you can imagine at his site. Cheap.

cspear ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2011 at 11:17 AM

Dimension3D's 'Morphing Clothes', available in the marketplace, would do this too. I wouldn't be without it.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 8:01 PM

sometimes the morphs are already in the clothing and it may just be a matter of tweaking the dials in the clothing body or sometimes the body parts.

Love esther

PS sometimes copyiing the body of the V4 and paste into the body dials of the clothes work, and sometimes the checkbox for body cloth parameters dials (properties tab) and tick the check box if you are in PP 2010 or above.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Medzinatar ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 8:40 PM

All of the above are valid steps to take in fitting.

I looked at Dylan and Ruffle Dress and these seem to have morphs in common, none should need to be added to dress.

One thing that people tend to overlook is to "magnetize" the outfit to V4.
These are in your pose folder and they unleash the underlying deformers built into V4 series.  They do wonders for most cases of poke-thru

Medzinatar ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 9:37 PM

file_473882.jpg

One thing I did notice is that dress doesn't pick up nipple related morphs automatically from Dylan figure, and I had to adjust manually.  I don't know if is pecularity with my system, dress or figure.  Is only a minor adjustment.

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 9:50 PM

you can just dial no nipples into the V4

Love esther

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2011 at 9:51 PM

also for little bits of poke thru the morphing brush is quite good.

It is one of those little symbols in editing tools - usually near your camera controls.

Love esther

sliderule ( ) posted Fri, 14 October 2011 at 10:52 AM

So I just bought the Morphing Clothes from Dimension3D. I found the place to add the runtime folder, but nothing shows up in the main window. Windows 7 Home Premium and Poser 7. What am I missing to make this work?

sliderule ( ) posted Fri, 14 October 2011 at 3:58 PM

Nerver mind - I can't read today. It was all in the manual.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.