Sun, Jun 16, 8:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 16 7:45 pm)

Subject: Upgrading Video Card for Poser and Vue

Nyghtfall ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2011 at 5:43 PM · edited Sun, 02 June 2024 at 7:14 PM

I'm buying a new video card soon, to improve Poser Pro's OpenGL performance in the Preview window, and am planning on buying a copy of Vue Infinite next year.  I understand both Vue and Poser need to run concurrently so Vue can use Poser's shaders.

I've got my eye on a Geforce GTX 560 Ti with 1 GB of VRAM, which will replace my 9800 GT.  I need to know if the 560 will be enough to bridge Vue and Poser while providing optimal OpenGL performance in both.

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2011 at 5:54 PM

My GTX260 is powerful enough to run Vue and Poser at the same time without any problems navigating the view, so I'd imagine a 560 with it's CUDA and superior amount of cores would be way more than enough to have the two running simultaneously.

Though if you want true workstation power, go with a Quadro series card, even the most powerful consumer nvidia card can't beat a Quadro in terms of raw rendering power.

Nyghtfall ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2011 at 6:09 PM

Quote - My GTX260 is powerful enough to run Vue and Poser at the same time without any problems navigating the view, so I'd imagine a 560 with it's CUDA and superior amount of cores would be way more than enough to have the two running simultaneously.

Excellent.  Thanks.

Quote - Though if you want true workstation power, go with a Quadro series card, even the most powerful consumer nvidia card can't beat a Quadro in terms of raw rendering power.

That would be an ideal solution, but my rendering PC is also my gaming and multimedia PC.

Nyghtfall ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2011 at 1:44 AM

Just ordered this.  Should be here Wednesday.  :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.