Sat, Jun 1, 5:55 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 01 3:00 am)

Charm Miya Short Overalls

$10.00 USD 20% Off
$8.00 USD

Fantasies Fiadh

$10.75 USD

Christmas Style 16

$11.95 USD 30% Off
$8.37 USD

Subject: Does Poser8 have a preference file?

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2011 at 8:31 PM · edited Sat, 18 November 2023 at 5:17 AM

I just installed Windows 7 and a fresh install of Poser8 means that I lost mycustom layout. I used a new HD for the Win 7 install so my old drive with all it's Poser data/files are backed up. Can I just find a layout file and copy it over to the new install so I don't have to spend a lot of time tweaking my GUI again? I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my workspace, and it took me ages to get the GUI to where I really liked it.

Thanks.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2011 at 8:50 PM
Site Admin

Look for something like "Poser UI Prefs_1440x900.xml". The nuuumbers may vary depending on your screen resolution. I don't know what operating system you were coming from but  on vista it's located in C:UsersYourusernameAppDataRoamingPoser8.0English. 

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2011 at 9:33 PM · edited Sun, 22 May 2011 at 9:45 PM

Sweetness that worked!!!

It was in "F:Documents and SettingsAdminApplication Data" when I found the backup of it.

Thank you. :D

*Edit

I replaced more than just the prefered state and Poser ui file, and now all my runtimes show up as Empty in the Library. Gah.

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2011 at 12:35 AM

There is a file that holds all your runtimes listings. Handy to modify if you want to keep things alpha numeric when you add new runtimes. Beware when transferring this file between new and old computers it keeps the drive letter in the file which might have changed.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.