Mon, Jun 17, 8:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 16 8:21 pm)

Subject: First it was eyebrows, now eyelashes! Argh!

arrowhead42 ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2007 at 2:21 AM · edited Sat, 13 January 2024 at 4:24 AM

file_382203.jpg

Okay... it seems like I'm asking for help in the forums all the time! Sheesh!! Here's a new one; I'm working with Mike 2 and his eyelashes are giving me a pain, now. Earlier this week I had a problem with eyebrows, now it's eyelashes. The problem is that I've been given some wonderful textures to use with Mike 2, and they look great except for the eyelashes. The texture for the eyelashes is just a dark color and when I rener it, they look like big slabs of black meat hanging over his eyes. So I fiddled with the morph dials for his eyelashes (LashLoFull, LashUpFull, LashLoStraight, etc) and all they did was make his eyelashes all whacked out and super long, protrude thru his eyebrows and such. Finally I was able to roll them back a bit and "tuck" them behind his eyeballs. That helped some, but now it looks like he's wearing black mascara (see the picture). I'd like to be able to just turn his eyelashes off, but there's no morph for that. I'd like his eyelashes to either be off, or at least to look like a man's eyelashes and not just huge flaps of skin, or like his mascara's running . Does anyone out there have any clue how to get around this problem? If so, please let me know... I'm at wits end on this one. As they used to say on the old Hee Haw show  "Gloom, despair, and agony on me!" Hahaha

Thanks,

Arrowhead

Here's the link to my freebies:   https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?uid=493127

"I can't stand it when people pointlessly repeat themselves. I can't stand it. I really can't!!"

crucibelle ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2007 at 3:41 AM

arrowhead,

I'm not sure, but it sounds like a transparency map is missing.  Check in the material room and see if there is a transparency map for the lashes.

arrowhead42 ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2007 at 4:01 AM

Yeah, that would make sense.... it would explain why the lashes look solid. Thanks! Unfortunately I have to wait, since I'm at work right now. But I'll have a look ASAP.

Here's the link to my freebies:   https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?uid=493127

"I can't stand it when people pointlessly repeat themselves. I can't stand it. I really can't!!"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.