Mon, Jun 17, 3:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 16 8:21 pm)

Subject: Sharing

arrowhead42 ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2007 at 8:49 AM · edited Fri, 20 October 2023 at 3:35 PM

Hello all,
Can anyone give me some advice on what's the best file storage system to use for posting things in the freebies section? I've got a few textures I'l like to share - nothing fancy, but someone might be able to use them. I signed up for free file storage with a company called "X-Drive" that's run by AOL, and it's useless! I can't even log in, and get this - to access their online help chat, you have to be logged in! Like I said, it's useless, and I'd like to see how some of the folks using Renderosity store their files to share with others.
Thanks everyone!

Arrowhead

a.k.a.      Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Here's the link to my freebies:   https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?uid=493127

"I can't stand it when people pointlessly repeat themselves. I can't stand it. I really can't!!"

corvas ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2007 at 9:03 AM

Hi arrowhead42

you should use www.sharecg.com its fantastic its the place i use for my freebies and wats even better is that they pay you for how many views you get so it pretty good so check it out.

hope this helps

EnglishBob ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2007 at 9:49 AM

Attached Link: Free File Hosting - Yeas & Nays

ShareCG does have the undeniable advantage of paying you, although I doubt you'll get rich that way. ;) However the server can be slow sometimes. See the linked thread (at the DAZ forums) for a comparison of the various free hosting sites that don't pay you. I hear what you say about X-drive. I couldn't sign in either; AOL wouldn't accept a UK style phone number or "zip" code. I tried faking US style information, but that didn't work either, so that was the end of that. Up theirs. :D

arrowhead42 ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2007 at 10:09 AM

Yeah, English Bob, I agree with you on the whole X Drive thing.... Now I just have to figure out how to delete my profile from their system! Thanks for the advice, too. Thank you too, Corvas... I'm gonna check out all this.
By the way, English Bob, I see you're in Cambridge. I was stationed at RAF Mildenhall some years back, and loved it! I've been to Cambridge many times - what a great city it is! Hopefully I'll get to visit England again sometime. It's a beautiful country.

Here's the link to my freebies:   https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?uid=493127

"I can't stand it when people pointlessly repeat themselves. I can't stand it. I really can't!!"

EnglishBob ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2007 at 10:21 AM

I don't live in the city any more, I prefer country living, but if you have to live in a city then Cambridge is a good one. 🆒

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.