Mon, Jun 17, 6:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 16 8:21 pm)

Subject: Eyebrows... am I just naive?

arrowhead42 ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2007 at 4:01 AM · edited Mon, 17 June 2024 at 4:29 AM

Hey folks, I'm having eyebrow issues - can anyone help?
I'm using Mike 2, and I've got some awesome textures that I want to use for him, but....
While trying to apply the eyebrows I've run into a problem. In the picture, the right hand side shows the head texture I want to use. Notice the upper right of the texture there are words spelling out the copyright. Now if you look on the left, I've overlaid part of the M2 head seam guide, and it shows the part of the texture that's designated for eyebrows.... the same part that has the words. So when I apply the texture, (when applying textures, the breakdown of his head has "Upper eyebrows" and "Lower eyebrows" listed as an individual part that needs to have the texture applied, just like "lips" and "eyelashes")and render it, his eyebrows show up as fleshy colored blobs with words all over them!
Now, I don't get it, because these are pretty detailed, high-end textures. How could it be that the person who spent countless hours making them, neglected to put eyebrows in the correct spot? I don't think they did... I think I'm doing something wrong, but what?
Any thoughts?

Arrowhead42

Here's the link to my freebies:   https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?uid=493127

"I can't stand it when people pointlessly repeat themselves. I can't stand it. I really can't!!"

vincebagna ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2007 at 4:20 AM

It may be that the head texture you use have eyebrows painted over the head map instead of beeing located apart of it.

My Store

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2007 at 6:52 AM

The upper eyebrows material on M2 and V2 was intended to carry a transparency map, but a lot of character makers didn't use it - as Vince says, they painted the eyebrows onto the head map, in which case they would be applied only to the lower eyebrows. The upper eyebrows can be removed using the "eyebrows gone" morph dial in the head. I can't see your image, by the way...

arrowhead42 ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2007 at 4:21 AM

Here's the link to my freebies:   https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?uid=493127

"I can't stand it when people pointlessly repeat themselves. I can't stand it. I really can't!!"

arrowhead42 ( ) posted Thu, 05 July 2007 at 4:25 AM

Yeah, sorry about no picture there English Bob, but for security reasons I had to get off the computer pronto, before I had a chance to upload the pic. But thanks for the help.

Steve

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.