Sat, Jun 1, 8:46 AM CDT

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 18 10:09 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Working in medium window then rendering final product in bigger one

stinkycrotch ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2007 at 9:46 AM · edited Fri, 20 October 2023 at 4:28 PM

I was wondering if you can do your work in something like a medium 640x480 window so you can render quicker as you work and see your product, but then when you're ready to render the final product make it bigger like 800x600. Not sure if those are the same proportions but you know what I mean. Make it bigger in the same proportion.

alexclark ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2007 at 10:30 AM

Set everything up then double click the render button for more sizes than you can shake a stick at.

Death_at_Midnight ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2007 at 10:43 AM

Sure, you can work it small then render huge. I've been doing that recently.

FarawayPictures ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2007 at 10:48 AM

I always set screen to maximum and then render at 3 times that size. It gives me the ability to fine tune in Photoshop or change the screen size/dpi. Also, I can resize downwards, which of course you can't do the other way round.

PORTAL

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2007 at 10:57 AM

You can also do File -> Document Setup...
to get the image size. Just keep the 'Constrain Proportions' checked and that will keep the same height/width ratio when you change sizes.
You might want to do a few spot renders to check textures if you size up too much from your set up size. For pixelation.

Friends don't let friends use booleans.

stinkycrotch ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2007 at 11:01 AM

cool thanks for your help.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2007 at 4:34 PM

Yup, I have always worked 800x600, then later either increased the document size or rendered to disk.

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

jfike ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2007 at 5:24 PM

Also, a lot of times you can work in a lower render quality and then set the quality higher for the final render.  You probably should try some small "plop renders" at the final render quality because a lot of textures change significantly when render quality changes.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.