Sat, Jun 1, 5:25 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 01 3:00 am)

Subject: P4 Low Rez Clothing and Props?

chippwalters ( ) posted Mon, 15 May 2006 at 12:09 AM · edited Sun, 15 October 2023 at 8:56 AM

Hi,

I'm looking for P4 man props and clothing for creating a number of lo-rez P4 men for an image I'm creating in Vue. Any ideas on where I might find them (for sale or free). In particular, I'm looking for some coveralls, and a baseball cap.

How do others create numerous lo-rez figures with clothing and props?

Thanks in advance,

Chipp

vilian ( ) posted Mon, 15 May 2006 at 3:12 AM

Can't help you with any advice on numerous figures, but Ghastley did a lot of P4Man clothes:

http://209.92.41.204/Poser/dlframe.asp

And Anthony Appleyard has a  "man in overall, low resolution for crowd scenes " in his freestuff (on second page):

http://www.renderosity.com/freestuff.ez?Topsectionid=0&Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=13&Form.Contrib=Anthony+Appleyard

I think there is already baseball cap coming with P4 content ? Try to find it in Props library, in "Clothing props" folder.

Long live House Mouse ! Check my freebies for Mousie stuff :)    <:3 )~~

chippwalters ( ) posted Mon, 15 May 2006 at 3:42 AM

Thanks Vilian! Will check them out. :-)

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 15 May 2006 at 4:16 PM

file_342094.jpg

Try this; model the overall in the origional P4-Lo res Male

In the picture I did this with the P4-Lo res female.

The pants, the boots, even the hair are modeled into the origional> Nothing is external.

Left the morphed model, in the middle with the displacement map, and to the right completed.

I exported each group as morph targets, imported them into anim8or, rebuild the model, morphed everything in it, and exported each group to import them bach into Poser.

You should be able to make a texture map with an overall to fit.

Remap the face, as I did, and you can even get a decend face.

Greetings, Tony

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

chippwalters ( ) posted Mon, 15 May 2006 at 4:59 PM

Wow, thanks Tony.
Couple of questions. Is there a way to edit the OBJ to get the desired geometry, use UVMapper to setup new UV maps, then just place inside the proper folder in Poser to do this (so you don't have to go through the whole export,import routing)? Just wondering.

I plan on eventually exporting these to Vue for final rendering, so displacement map shaders aren't necessary (and in fact can't be used).

-Chipp

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 15 May 2006 at 5:09 PM

Sorry, but I do not even have the slightest clue about editing an obj >

What I do sounds complicated but this one was done in about an hour.

Well, the rought part, refining can take quite a while if you wanna do it  in detail. Also because I knew the procedure and had done something alike before.

Give it a try, the P4-Lo-Res figures are great if you want to put a lot of figures in 1 scene, and do not really need close ups.

Also, they morph easy, as there are not that many points to move. And a decent displacement map goes a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg way. Sorry could not resist.

Tony

chippwalters ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2006 at 3:57 AM

Tony, forgive me if I'm a bit thick on this as I'm just getting started.

You're saying start with the P4 Lo-res male and use morph magnets to modify the geometry so that there are 'overalls'? I guess I would do this in the Pose room? Or would you export the geometry to do this? I'm not clear on this step.

Next, after it is modelled, I suppose you're talking about importing the named geometry after renaming it in UVmapper? I'm just trying to figure out the correct sequence of events here.

Lastly, do you know of any tutorials which go over this technique? Any help is much appreciated!

-Chipp

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2006 at 10:15 AM

Give me a day or 2, and I will post a tutorial.

There are NO magnets used in the example I posted> The morphing is done in an external 3D program ( I use the free anim8or to do this) Then the in anim8or morphed groups are imported in Poser as morph targets.-

Tony

chippwalters ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2006 at 8:35 PM

Tony,

Great! Let me know when it's done. I'll look forward to it :-)

best,
Chipp

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Sun, 28 May 2006 at 2:09 AM

Attached Link: download address

file_343392.jpg

My low-resolution workman in boilersuit is at this address. It needs Objaction Mover.

chippwalters ( ) posted Sun, 28 May 2006 at 4:35 AM

Hi Anthony,

What is Objaction Mover and where do I get it? I assume it's some sort of decompression tool?

Is this workman a posable figure? Can one change the color/maps of the boilersuit? Can I use it for my renderings?

Thanks very much :-)

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Sun, 28 May 2006 at 5:47 AM

Attached Link: http://www.sandylodge.demon.co.uk/html/utilities.html

See this link.

The model is texturable and posable.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.