Thu, Jun 13, 8:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 13 7:56 am)

Subject: Another stupid question: Is there an easy way to copy a face in posette?

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 07 March 2006 at 3:07 AM · edited Tue, 07 March 2006 at 3:13 AM

file_330219.jpg

This is a profile of Olga after I installed momodot's 'SmoothBrow' (dialed to 1), and 'MouthPuff' (dialed to 0.4.00) morphs. Ifiddled with the NEA nose morphs, but so far I can't quit get the junction of the brow and bridge to match the prototype. In Posette, the juction is somewhat below the browridge, whereas in the prototype it slopes exactly wher teh brow and bridge meet. This may be a discrepency I'll just have to accept, as I'm a complete failure with magnets. I adjusted the skin tone's ambience to 90-25-100, to create a different complexion. Please Critique. David P. Hoadley

Message edited on: 03/07/2006 03:13

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

momodot ( ) posted Tue, 07 March 2006 at 8:24 AM

You are using Poser 4? It requires the Poser 4.0.3 patch I think it is... any version of Poser needs its Service Release patches. But I have never had the problem you are having. I wonder if it is that your install is corrupt.

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 07 March 2006 at 8:48 AM

Maybe, but to reinstall right now is more trouble than I wish to devote to teh problem at present. For all I know, the problem might be connected to a double registry key or something. About once every six to eight months, I need to reformat my hard drive and reinstall everything, and I probably fix it then.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2006 at 2:41 PM

"...it doesn't allow me to click any of the check boxes." This is a known problem and the solution is odd but it works. When the export dialog is open, you need to open another application, notepad, the calendar, anything. Then, if you go back to the Poser dialog, you should be able to check the boxes. You may have to go to something else a couple of times but it does work. It's also been said that if you use a .cr2 file with the morphs and transfer them with Morph Manager, the world transforms don't get copied over so you can use that technique as well. Is this an Israeli film? I find no info on it. Didn't know whether you guys had an 'art' film industry even.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2006 at 4:20 PM

Dear lmckenzie; The trick worked, Do you know to what lengths I went to try and fix this problem on my own -ever since momodot said that my Pz3's and Cr2's were unreadable? I tried reinstalling Poser 6, no dice. I disinstalled both my Posers: Pro-pack and Poser 6. I ran both disk cleanup, but also scanned and repaired using Reg Mechanic, and then reistalled Pro-Pack, but again 'no-dice'. For two days now, I've been sitting in front of my screen, feeling dispondant -If I can't save a descent morph, that what's the point of trying to create a figure. Now I'm thinking I give it another try in the morningf.

momodot ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2006 at 8:30 PM

I got the world transform of the head flying off when I transfered dp's olga morph to my own Eve with Morph Manager. My idea was for him to spawn a prop of the head with the morph dialed in and the figure "zeroed" and then export that prop as the .obj to use as a morph... I thought that might eliminate the mysterious world transform? Hassles... hmm. Do you have the P6 sr.2? It made a difference on my machine. ProPack and P4 both also require their service realeases, especially for proper .obj export is my experience. The gimmic by lmckenzie I have succeded in with other programs by just cycling around with alt-TAB even if my app was the only one running. I hate Windows... why can't I delete empty folders half the time!!! Anyway, good luck.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2006 at 2:21 PM

Attached Link: http://www.jakeludington.com/ask_jake/20051018_unlocking_cannot_delete_file_or_folder_error.html

Hmm, about the only time I have problems deleting a folder might be if I have it open in another Explorer window. Shit happens though as they say. You might try this Unlocker utility. No personal experience with it but perhaps it will help :-)

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

momodot ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2006 at 3:34 PM

Thanks, I'll check it out. I have this problem frequently when deleting or moving files from a folder, after doing this I can not delete the folder they had been in. I make sure no operations are active when I recycle/delete the folder. I can delete the folder after restarting. Dunno why. More then one PC with WidowsXP Home Edition. Thanks.

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 7:01 AM

file_330221.jpg

I've spent hours fiddling with the dials, tweaking, and then deleting this face, and starting over from scratch. My biggest problem is trying to compress the lips without them looking sixty years old afterwards. This is teh fifth or sixth version of Olga's face that I've done in the last seventy-two hours. I hope its a REASONABLE facsimile, but by now -I'm too blind to judge. I leave it to you guys to say whether its unmitigated junk, or whether it has potential. Any and all constructive criticism welcome. I remain, respectfully yours; David P. Hoadley

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 7:35 AM

file_330222.jpg

Here's another shot. I also fiddled with the lacrimals of the eyes abit, and narrowed the x scale of the face a bit. I also endeavored to copy more the original angle of teh master photo a bit more, so as to judge the results more accurately.

momodot ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 9:45 AM

The work is really showing. I think you have it but the slant of the eyes. The eys should be with the outer corner slightly bellow the inner corner on the x-axis I think (z-rot), maybe a negative "whince" morph could round the line of the lower lids. I would bring those jowl "puffs" back a bit stronger and the mouth less wide... but it is really coming along. You know the artists trick of putting the reference image next to your work and then squinting? This shows the volumes as indicated by shadow as being accurate or not. But Aside from the two comments above I think you got it. Now for the body right? Last thing: You must change that texture from that orange to a pale purplish I think.

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 10:49 AM

Are you saying that she should have MORE jowls, or LESS jowl? (I think I have 'MouthPuff' value at 0.300. Should I lower it to 0.200 or raise it to 0.400? Are the wince morphs part of the NEA package? I'm a little silly right now after this marathon of dial spinning, and I can't remember. When I finally get the face done, the body's going to be REAL fun, (especially the breast and thighs -heh, heh, heh). The texture unfortunately is a given. It's Sand_Tyger's Posette Blonde from here in the Free Stuff. I'm not all that proficient with Photoshop (Understatement), and there just very many Posette compatible 'Photorealistic' textures out there. (Sand_Tyger has offered two in Free Stuff, a blonde and a brunette. The blonde looks like she spent her life sunbathing in my native Florida, and the brunette looks like she might hale from southern Arabia. Northern European they definitely are not). However, to offset this disadvantage, I tried to lighten the skin tone by raising the ambience light-darkness value from 0 to 75, you can judge the results for yourself. If you know a way to change the texture color by some means, then tell me how its done, because I could use the knowledge.

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 12:29 PM

file_330223.jpg

This is about all the morphing that either the eyes or eyebrows can tolerate without tearing the mesh, unless someone can tell me how to remove the eyebrow completely from the head (which Pitklad did with the NEA version of Posette). The whole project would have been a lot easier if the eyebrows weren't busting up the forehead all the time -that and the lips turning black at the simplest manipulation. I am definitely open to suggestions and advice. David P. Hoadley

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 12:51 PM · edited Mon, 13 March 2006 at 1:01 PM

file_330224.jpg

Mouth narrowed, jowls reduced, purple tinting added to texture.

Message edited on: 03/13/2006 13:01

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 1:06 PM

file_330225.jpg

Some more experiments with purple ambience and skin tone.

momodot ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 2:46 PM

file_330226.jpg

Hi, above is my quick color adjustment to the render... they should work more or less with the texture I imagine. The purple ambience you have is better but working with ambience color is tricky, they need to be VERY dark if the coontrast is not to be thrown off. I think if you have even the most simple image editor like the free Irfanview, or certainly Photoshop you can adjust the color balance... reducing red&green takes down the yellow... alternately you could bring up the blue and maybe a bit of red. In photoshop under adjust Hue/Saturation you can shift the color and make it less intense as shown above. Post 66 above looks good with the "puffs", I had thought they needed to be turned up to be stronger but they look right there. Certainly the mouth width looks right. But what the hell is wrong with those eyelids/lashes? Is it the lashes that are busted? Maybe you should set them full transparent and use Yamato's freebie geometry eyelash props or see if any of the Vicky "real lashes" would fit. Maybe Ockhams morph carver could help you if your Poser runs Python scripts. In anycase, I think the character is good enough to start rendering with now.

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 10:17 PM

file_330227.jpg

This is a prior version of Olgas head than the one displayed above, one whose eyes werent so skewed, which I referred to in order to incorporate momodots eyeSlant and new Browsmooth MTs. I readjusted the mouth to narrow its width to match later renditions, and reduced the puffs to 0.250 rather than the 0.300 as on the original model. Ive reset the y Axis of the head to 106% rather than the 109% of earlier versions. This is to keep the chin size under control. The face is set at 92% x Axis. Olga has a long narrow face generally, but not one thats displeasing to the eye. The lacrimals are a bit 'shiny', I'm not sure whether this is normal or not, but this is the best representation of the figure, that I've been able to do, and one that I at least find pleasing to look at. I hope that you all do too. Any and all comments and will be welcome.

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 10:33 PM · edited Mon, 13 March 2006 at 10:35 PM

file_330228.jpg

Here is also a 'Mug Shot' of the same figure, incorporating the DAZ Millenium hair, textured with 3Dreams P6 hair texture (revised i.e. rotated 90% to fit Poser 4 hair). I find this face pleasing to the eye, AND -most importantly, the mesh has remained intact. Any and all comments welcomed. David P. Hoadley (Today we celedbrate in Israel the Jewish Holiday of Purim, so I wish everybody a Happy Purim, plus my daughter just phoned me long distance from Los Angeles that she's presented me with another grandchild, a girl. So today I'm doubly blessed.)

Message edited on: 03/13/2006 22:35

momodot ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 11:46 PM

file_330229.jpg

Congradulations. Seems that the head is still too tall and narrow, y-103% x-95% or something like that? The "Lower Face Y-scale" morph at Duane Moody's site might be the fix also. Nose seems long tip to eyes but I don't know that can be shortened without a magnet. I have a morph somewhere but where? Looks good.

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 2:48 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_330230.jpg

Corrected faces. Here you can compare Olga's long face along side my Eve version of her. Commects both welcomed and desired.

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 2:51 AM

file_330231.jpg

A closeup of the correctred face; for some reason, the correction has caused the mesh on the tip of the upper lip to tear. Suggestions welcomed on how to fix. Yours truly, David P. Hoadley

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 12:54 PM

file_330232.jpg

This is my Olga figure in her present configuration. I hope that there is more than a passing resemblance to teh figure at the beginning of this thread. If any would like to test drive my Cr2, the email me here at Renderosity, with directions on how to contact you. I'd like to put her up in Free Stuff.

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 12:55 PM

file_330233.jpg

Here's a view from a different angle

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 1:08 PM
dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 1:55 PM

file_330235.jpg

Hopefully, this render shows the figure having more than a passing resemblance to the photo that began this thread.

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2006 at 11:58 PM · edited Wed, 22 March 2006 at 11:59 PM

file_330236.jpg

Here's Olga with Kozaboro's Long Hair

Message edited on: 03/22/2006 23:59

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2006 at 12:01 AM

file_330237.jpg

And here's another shot of her.

pangor ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2006 at 4:17 PM

This is some nice work of character development that is being done here. However, did you ask for and recieve the required permissions from the owners of the copyrights of your source images to use them this way for photo-references, and basis for photoreal textures? Have you contacted the ladies who name and appearances that you are using for your characters? If so have they granted you their permissions to use them this way. And their permissions for your distributing the results of you work that is exploiting their likeness and identity?

The somnambulator has awakened!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.