Mon, Jun 3, 4:06 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 02 9:34 pm)

Subject: any one else poblems with apollo max

buzzzloz ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 1:43 PM · edited Mon, 03 June 2024 at 3:48 AM

This character was a complete waste of money i have never come across such crap before, i can do more with michael 1 than with this junk. Any one else had problems with it under poser 6 as im gona have to try find some poor mug to sell it and other bits to. m1 m2 m3 dave 3 wipe the floor with maximus.

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 1:50 PM

You are entitled to your opinion, it is not one that I share. Could you be more specific in your criticism? There may be issues that we can address. A prerequisite however would have to be a willingness to address them.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

Niles ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 1:52 PM

No problems here, what seems to be your problem with him?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 1:53 PM

Considering AM is reckoned to be one of the most advanced models for Poser I'd be a little more diplomatic if I were you. Mine works just fine in Poser 6. BTW, most Poser content can't be legally resold.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 1:58 PM

Bookmark

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

soul_survivor ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 2:10 PM

Bookmark.

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 2:12 PM

No problems here either. As others have stated, what is it that you are having trouble with?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

KarenJ ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 2:29 PM

I'm not having any problems with him under Poser 6. What problems are you having? Ranting is all very well, but it doesn't usually solve anything ;-)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 2:30 PM

sorry, buzz, but APM is alot better than any of those wacky Daz mikes IMVHO. just give it time - you'll learn to love it.

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 2:31 PM

Apollo working fine and more than fine for me, in fact I consider him part of Poser 7. Hope he gets a girlfriend soon.

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 2:33 PM

lol, i am usually the first one to whack these negatories. You guys all got there first!

wheatpenny ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 2:45 PM
Site Admin

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Can I read notes?  Hell, there ain't no notes to a banjo. You just play it.

(Anonymous banjo player c. 1850 when asked if he could read music)

Tunesy ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 2:50 PM

...I've been waiting for an excuse to buy AM. Everybody knows it's a great figure. Might as well do it now ;)

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 2:58 PM

file_333338.jpg

Apollo in his beautiful-armed, beautiful-shouldered non-bulked manifestation.

Tomsde ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 3:28 PM

I've used Apollo in both Poser 6 and Daz Studio with no problems. Some of his parameters work a little differently than the standard Poser/Daz figures, but they're easy to get used to. I am going to join Content Paradise just because I want access to more Apollo content at lower prices. The Mil 3 Daz figures are great, but it is difficult to use a group of them in a scene because of their high polygon count, it's good to have an alternative figure that doesn't slow my system to a crawl. Although then native poser people seem to improve with each succesive generation, they usually do only one body type well, the slender Grecian ideal. Unfortunately real humans have a diversity of varrying body types, I think Apollo is a great figure for the money in that he morphs well into other body types.

carodan ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 4:28 PM

'm1 m2 m3 dave 3 wipe the floor with maximus.' All of whom have had infinitely more support and development than Apollo. I challenge you to strip away everything that didn't come with the base version of each of the models you cite (at the time of their release) and do with them a mere fraction that can be done with the default Apollo package. Your choice of language is uncalled for and totally unfair. At least have the guts to explain your negative reaction.

PoserPro2014(Sr4), Win7 x64, display units set to inches.

www.danielroseartnew.weebly.com

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 4:32 PM

Apollo is a very different kind of figure. His rigging and mapping are completely new so they are not compatible with your DAZ content. As opposed to clearly defined injection morphs in the unimesh, Apollo has fully reversable morphs. This means that you need to experiment with the morphs rather than relying on stock characters. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post them. As an avid Apollo supporter I'm sure I can persuade you to give him a chance.

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 4:36 PM · edited Mon, 13 March 2006 at 4:37 PM

i don't know about you guys, but I really like having the "line of sight" group of controls. Teriffic.

Message edited on: 03/13/2006 16:37

Angel1 ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 4:39 PM

....Now Bring Me That Horizon....
Send IM | Gallery

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 4:43 PM

I can't help thinking that this is a reverse troll.. someone who is paid to make us all jump in and say nice things about Apollo. Not that he needs it. He's truly a great character all on his own. But I'm curiously awaiting our hitherto unknown member of this forum to explain the negative statements...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

carodan ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 4:50 PM

Don't forget the Content Paradise Apollo forum also - it's NOT a passport only forum.

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 5:36 PM

i thought it was a reverse troll, also. Maybe EF taking the temperature of the Apollo following during current negotiations with Anton. ::::: Opera ::::: (I'm just being sarcastic....I don't think they'd do that.)

LeeMoon ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 5:38 PM

file_333339.jpg

Here's an image made with Apollo and one of his new facial textures. The eyes are from Jepe's texture set. Apollo is a great figure and very easy to use with no issues under Poser 6. Lee

carodan ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 5:40 PM

That really is a fantastic render Lee.

LeeMoon ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 5:42 PM

file_333340.jpg

Another bit of whimsy using Apollo... Again rendered in Poser 6. Lee

carodan ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 5:59 PM · edited Mon, 13 March 2006 at 6:03 PM

file_333341.jpg

Tomsde mentioned 'the slender Grecian ideal'. Not quite sure whether this exactly fits that category, but Apollo does all kinds of body-types very well IMO. NB. This character utilizes Cole for Apollo Maximus by Capsces.

Message edited on: 03/13/2006 18:03

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 7:07 PM

Ooooohhhhh ... I like him!!! LOL

MachineClaw ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 8:13 PM

ApolloMax works here in Poser 4, ProPack, Poser 5, and Poser 6. ApolloMax imports into Vue5, Shade 7 and Carrara 5 here with no problems. I've even managed to import ApolloMax into WorldBuilder 3.6. ApolloMax has been out for a year with no problems in any version of Poser, no service releases have been requires or needed. What exactly seems to be your difficulty with Poser 6?

LeeMoon ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 8:14 PM

file_333342.jpg

One more that I whipped together while reading the forums. Lee

blonderella ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 8:16 PM

dang man, you're a bit tightly wound over this aren't you! I think I'll keep my distance so I don't get a splattery shower when you finally pop LOL why don't you chill out and then try to find out exactly what you're doing wrong to have such horrid problems with this character...everyone else seems to love him...me included ;P

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

soul_survivor ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 9:22 PM

Looks like we've been had by a Troll.

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 9:39 PM

Hahahahahaarrrr !!! Very likely ! All male figures which can do sexy, serve me very well. I don't care about anything else. Muah -haha ! My perspective is complementary to those who cannot resist the urge to do N- V (or A or other female figure) -I-T-W-A-S. ::twisted deviant grin::

Eternal Hobbyist

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 3:20 AM

file_333343.jpg

Hey, if that troll comes back, I'll just send this guy in.

:: og ::

mathman ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 3:29 AM

Wow LeeMoon you come up with the most amazing images :) I'll put my 5 cents worth in about Apollo, he's fantastic.

Jules53757 ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 3:52 AM

May be he is a little bit pissed off 'cause there are only a few comments on his pics ;)

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

Lawndart ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 12:14 PM

Lee: Jungle Dude is simply amazing! If he is a purchasable character for AM I would buy the figure. I haven't been too excited to buy him in the past. His eyes always looked a bit strange to me. I can't put a finger on why , but they just look wrong. Cheers, Joe

LeeMoon ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 12:39 PM · edited Tue, 14 March 2006 at 12:40 PM

Attached Link: Free Jungle Toons for Apollo Maximus/Cole

Joe, Thanks for the kind words regarding Jungle Dude. In order for you to use him, you'll need Apollo Maximus (of course) and the Cole for Apollo Maximus body and face morphs by Capsces. Once you've purchased both of those items, then download my free JungleDude (and Jungorilla) pose files. Apply the Jungle Dude pose to AM/Cole and you'll get the figure seen above. Here's the link to the JungleToons morph pose files...

http://homepage.mac.com/leemoon/JungleToonsByLeeMoon.zip

You can find Cole over at ContentParadise along with AM.
Thanks again!
Lee

Message edited on: 03/14/2006 12:40

kathym ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 12:46 PM

Well I don't really care for Apollo .. he's uglee - IMHO. However, I did like the very first image leeMoon posted. The rest .. eh, not so much. He does look different then the other male figures out there, thats for sure. And Buzzz - hate to say this, unless 1.) CP has a money back guarentee or 2.) you delete the file - you're out the $$ you paid for him.

Just enjoying the Vue. :0)

carodan ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 1:04 PM

'.. he's uglee - IMHO' How can you say such a thing!

Lawndart ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 2:01 PM

Lee: Sweet! I'm on it. Thanks, Joe

carodan ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 2:45 PM

My apologies for violating Image Guidelines. Must find a diaper.

kathym ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 3:00 PM

Carodan .. it was easy .. I just said he was uglee. LOL.

Just enjoying the Vue. :0)

carodan ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 5:24 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_333344.jpg

kathym - this was the image that was supposed to accompany my last post (I hadn't met the image guidelines on that one - hopefully this is ok).

AtelierAriel ( ) posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 11:55 PM

file_333345.jpg

I thought he was a dog until I started fooling around a little...no pun intended.

byAnton ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 12:08 AM · edited Wed, 15 March 2006 at 12:23 AM

file_333346.jpg

:) Everyone is going to dails something different.

Some users have accidently istalled the files to the wrong folders. Other haven't read the read me. Anyway, there are no problems with him.

I think people get a bit confused with APollo cuz every pic of him looks so different, people aren't sure what he looks like. :) Know what I eman? Like a color noone can describe.

Message edited on: 03/15/2006 00:23

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 12:10 AM

I've always found Apollo Maximus a rather gorgeous figure...well, except in his infant state, and then he's just a cutie pie, LOL I remember asking Anton who he modeled him after and if the guy was single, lmao (Nothing wrong with networking, hehe)

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 4:22 AM

file_333347.jpg

I don't particularily like Apollo's initial look, the soft roundness of his head isn't my preferred look in a man. But what I DO love about Apollo is that he's so easy to make totally different just with a twist of a few dials :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

carodan ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 5:14 AM

'I don't particularily like Apollo's initial look'

My experience with other base figures is limited to Vic3, Michael3, and the P6 defaults. I also only came to Poser in May/June last year.
None of the above figures (except perhaps James) look too impressive to me when you first load them up.
When I first tried Vic 3 after realising that she seemed to be the most widely used female figure, my initial reaction was shock - 'how could she be regarded as superior to Jessie even?'. Michael just made me laugh!
It's the morphing capabilities and sheer volume of content IMO that make them usable.

I actually think Apollo looks great in his default state, and as you say, he's just so easy to find completely different looks for - one base figure for all your male characters. That's so impressive.
And his morphs feel so smooth to use - Vic 3 almost feels clunky when I use her now.

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 7:53 AM

Atelier_Ariel i liked your render very much. Can you say what hair model and what texture that is please? Good work.

dirk5027 ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 12:01 PM

TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER OF THIS MESSAGE...NO max is not realistic looking and never will be, just the same as it was with M3, when he first came out, you have people raving how wonderful a figure he is,BUT, they never use him. ALSO don't let these people bully you, you have every right to speak up and state your disappointment. You'll notice that all posted images that look "realistic" are heads only, Lee Moon's work is beyong excellent, but notice the whimsy characature look which is what Max is actually good for. He is also quite usable fully clothed, if you do nudes, he is not the choice for you. It is quite ok to point out if you don't like a product, the same as it is for them to praise a product, it's your right as a member of this community..Hats off to you

AtelierAriel ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2006 at 12:14 PM

Hi operaguy,

I thought I responded before but must have hit the wrong button. Hair is from Ali. I think it's Hr-013. But it's not right out of the box. I did a lot of work on it.

Texture is Syyd's from RDNA...eyes were free I think and I just can't remember where I got them. If I can remember I'll post that later.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.