Sat, Jun 1, 11:49 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 01 3:00 am)

Subject: MacOS9.1

bobsmash ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2001 at 4:57 PM ยท edited Wed, 18 October 2023 at 5:31 PM

Does anyone know if Poser4 and Bryce4 works fine with the new MacOS 9.1?//Mike

LeeMoon ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2001 at 6:51 PM

Poser 4 and Bryce 3D (version 3) work just fine. I've been running them without any difficulties for a couple of weeks now (ever since 9.1 came out.) I'm on an iBook SE (366) with 192MB RAM. Perhaps someone will let us know how Bryce 4 behaves on 9.1. Lee

jnmoore ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2001 at 8:27 PM

I've been using 9.0.4 for over a month and both programs work OK. I do get intermittent crashes (error message 10 -- whatever that means!), but it isn't specific to those two programs. -Jim

jnmoore ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2001 at 8:29 PM

BTW: Initially, I got alot of error message 2 crashes, but increasing memory allocation by about a half megabyte for each program seemed to solve that problem. I'm running a blue & white 300 Mhz G3 with 1/2 GB of memory. -Jim

jschoen ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2001 at 2:36 PM

Since the changes in 9.0.4 and 9.1 don't really affect what I need to do, I've decided to wait until March to just go to OSX. The download for 9.1 is just to big for my tiny 56k modem, and I'm not spending $19.95 plus $5.00 shipping to get the CD via snail mail when it's going to cost around $150.00 to upgrade to OSX anyway. Just my 2 cents. And 9.0.4 works just fine for me. I'm on a G4 and a G4 Cube both with 320 megs. The Cube really does improve the render time. James

bobsmash ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2001 at 4:13 PM

Thanks for your answers. I myself is on G4 500 and iMacDv - both with 9.0.4. I'm hooked up via cable - 512k - so the download time would not be a big problem. I'll problably also wait a few months until X has been on the market for a while. I read somewhere that Bryce 5 will work with OSX, but will Curious release an update for Poser? James - are you saying that the Cube is quicker than the regular G4 when it comes to rendering??? //Mike

jschoen ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2001 at 4:30 PM

Yes Mike, the Cube is running at 450 MHz where the G4 is only 400 MHz. The extra 50 seems to make all the difference in the world, or maybe it's just the newer architecture of the Cube. But the speed in Bryce is about 1/3 faster. Poser has no difference that I can see. But Poser is far less intensive for the machine anyway. Oh, I also downloaded the Bryce Beta for OS X. Not worth it in my opinion. But it's nice to know it's been carbonized. I gave a brief review in the Bryce Forum here on it. Yes now let's see Curious labs carbonize Poser, that would be nice, but I'd rather have them put all their efforts on Poser 5. James

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.