Mon, Jun 3, 6:22 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 03 5:40 am)

Subject: ATTN: POSER UI

mad.s ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2000 at 5:48 PM ยท edited Sun, 02 June 2024 at 10:01 PM

Attached Link: http://poser.al.ru/work/poserhack1.jpg

Without the comments. Poser 4.0.3.126. In the PoserRuntimeprefsPoser.ini file set USE_META_UI to 0. By making these changes you not only change the UI. POSER required MUCH less to memory and system resources.

duanemoody ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2000 at 5:55 PM

How the hell do I do this on the Mac? If I figure this out tonight I'll post the results here.

LeeMoon ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2000 at 6:05 PM

You can type "po2" or "po3" while running Poser (similar to the hair trick) and switch the interface between older versions of Poser and the P3/P4 interface. Just tried it on my iBook and it seems to work just fine. :) Probably works on the PC as well. Lee

duanemoody ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2000 at 8:56 PM

file_138890.jpg

FWIW if you want to make it permanent on the Mac, the pref file is in the exact same (duh) location and is just a textfile. This is the Mac version of the alternate interface...

pjanak ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2000 at 12:48 AM

Very Cool to know.

wetworks ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2000 at 7:02 AM

Hat Trick? Did I miss something along the way?

duanemoody ( ) posted Thu, 07 December 2000 at 10:01 AM

There's a secret hair-generating trick in Poser which creates a fractal nightmare atop Posette's head. Since it doesn't create a useful hair prop it isn't used much. I forget the keystrokes that invoke it. People who want to play with the alternate UI should be aware of the mysterious X category in each library list.

smallspace ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2000 at 11:22 AM

Ok, I tried using the alternate UI (PC), but after the alternate boot screen, the program just hangs. (empty screen, hour glass showing it's busy - but never goes away) When I turn the meta UI back on, everything is fine again. Anyone got an idea what the problem might be? BTW: Looking at the ini file, there are a couple of other cool changes you can make, such as increasing the size of the Hierarchy window. -SMT

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.