Mon, Jun 3, 3:50 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 02 9:34 pm)

Subject: Converting from PC to MAC?

adamgage ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 4:07 PM ยท edited Sat, 28 October 2023 at 12:42 PM

Is there a way to take any of the files that I get from the web such as poses, characters, props, etc. and convert them into Mac files? I am able to open PZ3 files straight from File/Open even though the icon looks like a text file, but the rest of the files that I've put into the various folders inside Runtime such as the .cr2, .obj, .pz2, and any other resouce files do not show up when I am in Poser and I go to the Poses, Props, or Characters Menus to look for them. It is a shame that there are so many good files here to learn from and look at, but I can not access most of them on a MAC. Can anyone help?

LeeMoon ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 5:24 PM

Thanks to MartinC there is an excellent way to convert PC Poser files to the Mac. He has made a utility called Poser Maconverter. It works perfectly and it's FREE. :) Here's his web site where you can download it: http://home.main-rheiner.de/soft.rabbit/ I typically use Stuffit Expander to expand the PC .zip file. Then I drag the resulting folder (with all the .pz3, .cr2, .obj, whatever files) onto Maconverter. Make sure the settings are what you want (you can set the default settings in preferences I think) and click on "convert." It's extremely fast and easy. The result will be Mac formatted Poser files which you can then move into the appropriate Runtime subfolders. Hope this helps!! :) Lee

budgie ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 6:24 PM

On top of that is the MacInstaller. Which will place the files into the appropriate Runtime folders. Saving you the time of placing them yourself. It's at the same site.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.