Mon, Jun 17, 1:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 16 8:21 pm)

Subject: Poser 5 Shader Series -- beta

Kiera ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2004 at 8:50 PM · edited Sun, 12 May 2024 at 9:23 PM

Attached Link: http://www.enmeshed.com/shadermagic/

I just finished the beta version of a series I have been meaning to do on organic textures and the Poser 5 renderer. Some (or all of this) may be old news to everyone, but I figured it might be helpful and I wanted to be able to point people at something when they ask me how I get the lighting in my renders.

Anyway, feedback is always appreciated. If people like this series I will continue it with some other tricks I have picked up over these last few months.

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2004 at 9:28 PM

These are very good - and they are not old news to me.

starmkr ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2004 at 9:30 PM

The Tutorials are very well done. Thanks...I really like the tip on the "Lips and Eyes".

dialyn ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2004 at 10:03 PM

For some reason, my computer had a hard time bringing up the text, but it was well worth the effort. The tutorials are well done...I look forward to seeing more. A lot of us are stuck with defaults because we really don't know where to start (and all those nodes are intimidating). Good job! Thank you!

Kiera ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2004 at 10:08 PM

Hmmm. I bet you're using MSIE. I will work on repairing the problem. :)

Literata ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2004 at 10:57 PM

Very nice tutorial -- many thanks! And a question: In the "Bright Eyes, Glossy Lips" section, to which part of the eye do we apply the anistropic specular nodes?

Kiera ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2004 at 11:00 PM

The L_Cornea and R_Cornea material zones.

CrystalDragon ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2004 at 12:40 AM

Really slick! Thanks for the tutorials!

stewer ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2004 at 3:22 AM

Excellent tutorial, goes straight to my link list.

MarianneR ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2004 at 4:20 AM

Thank you, this is very helpful!

wulfie66 ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2004 at 6:04 AM

Excellent tutorials!! Thanks ever so much!!

garrr ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2004 at 6:36 AM

Excellent tutorials! Well worth a look.

jerr3d ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2004 at 9:36 AM

Wow! Great tutorials, thanks a bunch!

brynna ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2004 at 12:32 PM

Awesome... and added to favorites. Thanks!

Brynna

"Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is almost always that somebody screwed up." - House

Dell Desktop XPS 8940 i9,  two 14 tb External drives, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12 GB DDR5.

Monitor - My 50 inch Hitachi TV. Works great!

Daz Studio - whatever the latest version is. Haven't decided if I'm upgrading to Poser 13 or not.

Photoshop.

I'm creating a Steampunk Tarot Deck. There's an older version in my Gallery, then a newer version.

Indoda ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2004 at 3:25 PM

Thank you for taking the time to write such a clear and concise tutorial on a somewhat baffling area of P5. I hope that you'll write some more. You have got an easy style to follow and have good writing skills. It is not easy to write tutorials but I believe you have a natural gift. Thank you again

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

KarenJ ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2004 at 4:17 PM

This is brilliant stuff - so very helpful! Thanks!

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Khai ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2004 at 6:03 PM

nice :) tho, I'd consider renaming the link ;) there's a trueSpace product called Shadermagic... some may get confused....

Sasha_Maurice ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2004 at 7:01 PM

Thank you, wonderful info! Please do continue with your series. :o)

Kiera ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2004 at 7:10 PM

I'm glad everyone has found it useful. I have almost squashed the MSIE display bug. Once I fix that up I will return to creating more content for the series. Up next will be reflection map tricks I think.

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2004 at 11:00 PM

I use internet explorer with no problems at your site. Reflection map tutorials would be great.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.