Mon, Jun 17, 12:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 16 8:21 pm)

Subject: (WIP) A 3D engine for P3DO 1.7

yarp ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 4:56 AM · edited Sat, 15 June 2024 at 2:01 AM
Online Now!

Attached Link: http://www.senosoft.com/

This is the first screenshot of the new P3dO 3D engine. The engine is now running for about 2 weeks and I'm quite satisfied with the result. As I'm building the engine from scratch it takes some time to do but it should be worth the waiting. I will finish the OBJ loader next week, then begin a CR2/PP2/LT2 one. The PZ3 loader will follow as time permits but simple PZ3 (CR2 like) will show in 1.7. Some other loaders (LightWave, 3D Studio,...) are planned. In 2004 "P3dO Explorer" will change his name into "Thumbset P3dO". Merry christmas and Happy new year to you all. Yarp

Yarp - author of P3DO Organizer for Poser

yarp ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 5:02 AM
Online Now!

3dengine.jpg
Sorry I add to reload the screenshot.

TheWanderer ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 5:05 AM

Hi looks good but how does the selected thumb (puffer fish) apply to the 3d image? dave

yarp ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 5:15 AM
Online Now!

This is just because the 2D and 3D windows are still appart - they will be merged in 1.7. So as the fish is a 2D picture it is zoomed on the 2D window (elsewhere), this one only accepts OBJ and LWO at the moment.

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 7:29 AM

lookin' forward to it..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

SimonWM ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 8:35 AM

You don't know how long I've been waiting for a feature like this one. Hope it can view PZ3 files. That will be my main use, if I can get rid of some of those humongous files by browsing and archiving them.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 9:04 AM

Oooh yes! This will be awesome if it works :o) And it looks like it indeed works! PZ3 support will be an added bonus, but for me the main thing will be the obj viewer :o) Will it still be free? I can fully understand if the answer is 2no" but I though I'd ask anyway :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

yarp ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 9:36 AM
Online Now!

SimonWM, I can understand how much your waiting for this. So do I. Of course it will be able to view PZ3s and much more. The only question I have is how much time will it take to load a PZ3. ernyoka1, yep the viewer will be free. Personnaly I don't consider a 3D viewer as a paying function and this always have been my policy to provide free stuff for basic features. Viewing through zip files is not a basic feature, viewing a 3D file is. So the freeware won't be able to view mesh files from zip files when the paying one will do. That's the kind of differences there will be between Thumbset P3dO and the pro version.

MadYuri ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 9:55 AM

Hmm... nice. I can hardly wait. ;D

Indoda ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 10:35 AM

Looking forward for the release of the Pro. I'll buy it ;) Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year.

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 11:18 AM

yarp ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 12:06 PM
Online Now!

Hi MadYuri, Release is scheduled by the end of January. But the alpha will be available by mid-january ;) No doubt, I'm working hard on it. Thank you, Indola, christmas is tomorrow evening. I really like christmas. Best wishes.

Veritas777 ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 2:03 PM

Hi Yarp, Still just a hypothetical question right now- but have you given any thought to making this also a Plug-In for DAZ Studio? I have no idea if they have released a final SDK, but I am hearing that other groups are already developing their own Plug-Ins to do stuff like HDRI, Cel Shading, etc. since DAZ Studio is supposed to only supply "basic" functions (based upon what is currently known).

odeathoflife ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 3:06 PM

Looks like you are developing an alternative to 3dExploration (right hemisphere) looks good.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 3:11 PM

Does it convert objects? It would be good if there was at least one program that converts objects properly.

FishNose ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 3:49 PM

yarp sir, you are amazing.... :] Fish

yarp ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 3:50 PM
Online Now!

Got it Veritas777, I begged for that SDK from the very beginning of the Daz|Studio project. They said there would be one for me but I didn't knew it was released. Thank to you I just dropped a mail to Daz. Of course P3dO will have full Daz|Studio support. btw I also asked the Poser SDK recently. I hope I will have a positive answer. odeathoflife, 3dExploration is a real inspiration to me I must admit. Let's say P3dO is first a 3dExploration for Poser. My goal is to make a good Poser 3D viewer. Then I have further goals of course ;) Xantor, this is one of the projects I have. To tell the truth, I'm now working half time on P3dO. This means the project is turning professionnal and I'm able to provide much much more work than I ever did. Prepare for massive changes in P3dO. But... well, at the moment it doesn't convert anything ;)

yarp ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 4:03 PM
Online Now!

P3dO does it Fish. The 3D animation project is what I wanted to do the most. I failed with my first attempt (the See3D viewer) because I went the wrong way with DirectX and I was quite deceived afterwards. Then I had to finish the 2D viewer because I also want P3dO to be a good image viewer. Since 1.6.5 the 2D viwer is fine. Now, back to 3D. This will be a real joy.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.