Autodesk Offers Free Render-Quality Vegetation Content for 3ds Max
May 5, 2009 2:36 am
1,000 Highly Realistic Models and Texture Files for 100 Species of Plants and Trees Available
SAN FRANCISCO, April 30, 2009-Architects and designers now have access to 100 species of Xfrog plants and trees that can be easily integrated into digital worlds and environments created with Autodesk 3ds Max Design modeling, animation and rendering software. This render-quality, highly realistic content - developed by botanical experts from around the world - is available for free download from the Autodesk Seek web service.
Xfrog libraries are created from original photos, reference sketches, books and real samples of each plant. Bark, leaves and petals are scanned to create high-quality, realistic models. Users can download TIF texture files, as well as ZIP files that contain multiple versions of the vegetation - representing different ages, seasons, colors and sizes in varying amounts of detail. The detailed vegetation can also be simplified using the enhanced ProOptimizer in 3ds Max Design 2010 or the Polygon Reduction Tool in Autodesk Maya 2009 software.
The Xfrog content is now available on Autodesk Seek for 3ds Max Design 2010, Autodesk 3ds Max 2010 and Maya 2009 software. Download the content at http://seek.autodesk.com.
About Autodesk 3ds Max Design
About Autodesk Seek
Autodesk, AutoCAD, Maya, Revit and 3ds Max are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product offerings and specifications at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document.
© 2009 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved
Please note: If you find the color of the text hard to read, please click on "Printer-friendly" and black text will appear on a white background.
- Animation Contest: The Gamer's Most Epic Cutscene Winners Announced
- Gallery of the Week for July 16, 2018 - 3ds Max Gallery
- Artist of the Month, DamirCizmok, Video Gallery
- News of the Week for Feb 19, 2018
- Renderosity Member of the Month for February - Ghostman
- Artist of the Month for February, 2018 - DamirCizmok
- Gallery of the Week for Jan 22, 2018 - Science/Technology
- News of the Week for Dec 11, 2017
- Gallery of the Week for October 30, 2017 - Halloween Special
- News of the Week for October 2, 2017