Shade 3D for Unity Free Game Content Development System Announced
November 11, 2012 12:28 pm
E Frontier of Tokyo, Japan and Mirye Software announce the ultimate, free 3D game content development system for indie developers and professionals.
Shade 3D for Unity is based on the professional 3D modeling, animation and rendering tool set Shade, a product available for over 27 years and used worldwide by illustrators and designers. Shade 3D for Unity enables designers and game developers to build animated project content that integrates with Unity 3D, the game development system for Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, and Android with the high level of compatibility between Shade 3D for Unity and Unity itself.
Workflow integration makes it is easy to share project assets (Configuration Files) of Unity in Shade 3D for Unity and easily transfer content between them.
Games created and developed with Unity and Shade 3D for Unity can be distributed through the App Store for iPhone, iPod and iPad, Google Play for Android Devices, and distribution systems like Steam.
Unity 3D integrated Shade 3D for Unity is like a dream come true for game developers who have long wished for a content creation and editing tool that tightly integrates with their favorite development environments – Shade 3D for Unity makes this dream come true by being both powerful and completely free.
Content Creation Features
Shade 3D for Unity includes an advanced tool set for creation of original 3D content.
- Import/Export integration with Unity 3D
- Advanced 3D Modeling Environment
- Polygon Mesh Editor
- UV Editor and Image Management
- Design friendly Bezier Spline Modeler
- Powerful Object Instancing Features
- 3D Object Hierarchy Browser
- Material Setting Features
- Material Parameter with Texture Map Settings
- Animation Setting Feature
- Draft Ray Tracing Renderer
Integration between Unity 3D and Shade 3D for Unity enables developers to create original 3D content as well as import, modify, animate and customize approximately 150 different types of template based content available through the Unity Asset Store, including original backgrounds, props and characters.
- FBX-friendly Bone Structure
- Paintable Bone Weight Mapping Tool
- FBX compatible Inverse Kinematics Feature
- Scene Loader for Unity (imports .shd files; available through Unity Asset Store)
- Simple Spring Motion Simulator(Baked Simulation result exportable to Unity)
- Key Frame Animation(Baked Key Frame for Unity is output in addition to Key Frame for Shade)
Upgrading to Shade Professional
Shade Professional is the flagship tool of the Shade product line, and provides additional, advanced content creation tools and percise rendering features for creation of game trailers, and complete animated films. All content developed with Shade 3D for Unity is completely compatible with Shade Professional.
Shade 13 Professional Edition includes advanced features of Shade 3D For Unity, including advanced modeling, rendering and animation tools, unlimited grid rendering, photo modeling, hair salon, particle physics and more. Shade 13 is due to ship in mid-November 2012.
Shade 3D for Unity in Japanese and English is initially available through the Mac App Store, and will subsequently be released through other online venues including English language publisher of Shade Mirye Software.
Please note: If you find the color of the text hard to read, please click on "Printer-friendly" and black text will appear on a white background.
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - FAN ART
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - Portraits
- Game Development Tools: PlayMaker for Unity
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - Comics / Cartoons
- MAXON’s CINEMA 4D R16: An Excellent Upgrade
- Maya 2015: A Game Development Perspective
- NVIDIA Quadro K2200 Graphics Card in Review
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - ZBrush
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - Halloween Edition
- Autodesk Maya 2015 in Review