Ozone 6 Now Shipping!
March 18, 2012 9:51 pm
HYPER REALISTIC ATMOSPHERES IN 3DS MAX, CINEMA 4D, LIGHTWAVE, MAYA AND SOFTIMAGE
Beaverton, Oregon: e-on software the leader in 3D sky, light and nature technologies, today announced immediate availability of version 6 of Ozone, its atmospheric plugin for 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage, Cinema4D, and LightWave, together with the Ozone 6 Personal Learning Edition.
Ozone 6 – Hyper-Realistic 3D Atmospheres
Ozone 6 implements the Spectral 3™ cutting-edge technologies developed by e-on software for the simulation and rendering of atmospheric effects. Ozone 6 atmospheres provide an accurately simulated environment that affects all scene elements and behaves according to nature’s rules.
Based entirely on real-world atmospheric behavior, the Spectral 3™ engine produces ultra-realistic environments with volumetric clouds, accurate light dispersion and natural phenomena such as Godrays. This technology realistically models the behavior of our planet's atmosphere to produce all kinds of atmospheric effects.
Prime technologies in Ozone 6 include:
- Interactive Cloud Control:
New in Ozone 6 is the ability to handle cloud layers like regular objects. Users can move, rotate or resize them interactively using the host application's standard manipulation gizmos directly inside the host application’s interface.
- Localized Cloud Layers:
On top of the ability to move cloud layers around interactively using the gizmos, Ozone 6 lets the user "extract" portions of the cloud layers. Parts of a cloud layer can now be easily isolated and moved around to another location!
- Enhanced Atmosphere Preview:
The atmosphere editor in Ozone 6 can now be resized in order to increase the size of the preview giving the end user unprecedented visual control on his cloud layer.
- Super-fast rendering technology:
Despite the staggering complexity of the atmospheric model it features, Ozone renders its atmospheric effects at blazing speed, thanks to e-on software’s highly optimized technology.
- Extensive library of over 150 predefined
Ozone 6 includes presets for all kinds of atmospheric conditions: bright daytime, bad weather, sunrise, sunset, night time, etc. Customize the atmosphere using dedicated tools and the library of over 140 preset cloud shapes.
A complete and detailed presentation of Ozone 6 is available at: http://www.ozone-plugin.com.
Interactive Cloud Control
Enhanced Atmosphere Preview
Pricing and Availability
Ozone 6 is available in English for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7, and on Mac OSX 10.5+ (Mac Intel only) for both 32 and 64 bit.
A single license of Ozone 6 will work with all compatible applications and renderers installed on the end user’s system.
- Ozone 6 for Maya (2008 to 2012) works with MentalRay, Maya software and V-Ray renderers.
- Ozone 6 for 3ds Max (2008 to 2012) works with MentalRay and V-Ray renderers.
- Ozone 6 for Softimage (XSI 7 to Softimage 2012) works with MentalRay.
- Ozone 6 for LightWave (9.3 to 11) and Cinema4D (R11 to R13) works with the native renderer.
Ozone 6 retails at US$295, with upgrades from Ozone 5.0 available for $95. RenderNode network rendering licenses are available at $95 per node.
Personal Learning Edition
The Ozone 6 PLE (Personal Learning Edition) is a free, fully functional version of Ozone 6. With the PLE, users can:
- Use e-on's atmospheric rendering technologies inside of 3ds Max, Maya, SoftImage, Cinema 4D or LightWave,
- Create entirely new atmospheres or load any of the 150+ included presets and modify them,
- Use any of the 140+ included cloud shapes,
- Animate the atmosphere, the clouds and the sun,
- Render images with no size limit,
- Save and export their work, and
- Learn Ozone 6 at their own pace: the PLE never expires!
The Ozone 6 is now immediately available. More information and download instructions are available at: http://www.ozone-plugin.com/download/.
About e-on software
E-on software is the leading developer of solutions for the creation, animation, rendering and integration of natural 3D environments. Offering a wide array of Digital Nature products and applications, e-on software provides solutions adapted to every project and budget. E-on software products are used worldwide by the film, television, architecture, game, science, educational and entertainment industries.
E-on software products were used in feature films such as as "Thor", "Avatar", "Clash of the Titans", "Despicable Me", "The Wolf Man", "2012", "Lovely Bones", "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus", "GI Joe – The Rise of the Cobra", "The Proposal", "Land of the Lost", "Terminator 4, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", "Indiana Jones 4", "Monster Vs Aliens", "Australia", "The Spiderwick Chronicles", "KungFu Panda", "Pirates of the Caribbean 2" and TV series such as "Smallville", "Battlestar Gallactica", "Caprica", "Stargate Atlantis", "Stargate Continuum", and more. Read more on these stories in e-on software's Spotlights section: www.e-onsoftware.com/spotlight.
E-on software was founded on the premise that powerful graphics tools should never get in the way of the designer's creativity. By investing significant resources into research and development, e-on software is able to deliver cutting-edge, user friendly technologies that produce stunning Digital Nature scenery.
E-on software is based in Beaverton, Oregon with an European office in Paris, France.
Visit their website at http://www.e-onsoftware.com.
Editor's Note: Renderosity is host to the following related 3D communities. Be sure to check them out for more info on the related software, tutorials, tips and tricks, stunning gallery artwork, exciting Forum Challenges, and a chance to hang out with and be inspired by fellow 3D artists!
- Renderosity Vue Community
- Renderosity 3ds Max Community
- Renderosity Maya Community
- Renderosity CINEMA 4D Community
- Renderosity Lightwave Community
Please note: If you find the color of the text hard to read, please click on "Printer-friendly" and black text will appear on a white background.
- Vote for the September Artist of the Month!
- Renderosity News of the Week for August 1, 2016
- Gallery of the Week for July 25, 2016 - Cinema 4D Gallery
- Gallery of the Week for June 27, 2016 - Maya Gallery
- Artist of the Month for May, 2016 - Kindredsoul
- Gallery of the Week for March 14, 2016 - 3ds Max Gallery
- Gallery of the Week - Softimage xsi
- Artist of the Month for February - liquidminduk
- Gallery of the Week for Jan 25 is the VUE GALLERY
- Gallery of the Week - VUE Gallery